Preview Round 8 v Fremantle Sunday May 5th 1pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like none of Samson, Steely and McAuliffe are getting the call up going on Caesars training report from today. Yze said in his presser we'll likely stick with the 2 rucks too -

Sounds like none of Samson, Steely and McAuliffe are getting the call up going on Caesars training report from today. Yze said in his presser we'll likely stick with the 2 rucks too -

well i guess we're looking to back up our 5 goals again this week with no changes to the fwd line then

honestly im deathriding us at this point #sackooze

well then yzes a flog if true

I'm not keen on Naismith playing forward again. Perhaps they could try Tylar Young up there?

So far Yze has only been keen to move the older guys around though. He seems pretty keen develop younger players in one role.

I'm not keen on Naismith playing forward again. Perhaps they could try Tylar Young up there?

So far Yze has only been keen to move the older guys around though. He seems pretty keen develop younger players in one role.
Me either. Maybe we'll try Crayfish #1 ruck and Nank forward this week? :think:

whats the point of playing naimsmith over ryan?
Probably to combat their dual ruck set up of Darcy and Jackson.
I would have gone Samson on top of those two as well though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People can't, on one hand, demand that players get dropped for poor form, then on the other hand demand someone gets promoted on the back of poor form. Noah's form hasn't been good at VFL level, he's been very inconsistent across games and you only need to read Morris' player notes to see that.

As I mentioned this morning, last weeks game against Casey is something that Noah needs to produce for 3-4 weeks in a row to demand he gets at least considered for selection. I want Noah to succeed as much as anyone does, because the more young players that can step up the less holes we need to fill moving forward. To do that Noah has to find consistency from quarter to quarter and from game to game. At the moment his impact on games varies wildly from quarter to quarter.
For me it's not so much about Noah, more about what the team needs, goal kickers.

His form across the VFL has been pretty consistent. Had a poor week where he carried a knee knock in the first Q vs Swans, but otherwise he has gone hard and run and pressured well. And I agree for his own sake he should come in with a string of good games, but our small forwards have run dry of goals, Campbell and Mansell one goal between them in about 4 or 5 games. I am pretty sure he would equal their output and add some. The big spaces of the G suit him, better AFL that VFL player etc.

For me it's not so much about Noah, more about what the team needs, goal kickers.

His form across the VFL has been pretty consistent. Had a poor week where he carried a knee knock in the first Q vs Swans, but otherwise he has gone hard and run and pressured well. And I agree for his own sake he should come in with a string of good games, but our small forwards have run dry of goals, Campbell and Mansell one goal between them in about 4 or 5 games. I am pretty sure he would equal their output and add some. The big spaces of the G suit him, better AFL that VFL player etc.
But Noah isn't kicking goals at VFL level and he has been poor over the course of the VFL season as a whole. Last week against Casey was his best game, but even Morris said that he wasn't thrilled with his first half. That inconsistency is what is holding Noah back from being selected IMO. The opportunity couldn't be any better for him to have come in and shown that he deserves to be here longer than this year, but he hasn't grasped it and unfortunately I fear that he'll end up like Stack did, a waste of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back