Preview Round 9 - Brisbane Lions V Adelaide 20th May 7:25pm @ Gabba

How many goals will the Schache/Hipwood tandem score between them?

• 5 or more

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • 4 or less

Votes: 51 67.1%
  • Andddd it's gone

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love the ins although I can't believe Bell survived after his woeful performance last week and to a lesser extent Harwood and C.Beams, they are very lucky we have a few out injured at the moment. Agree with TheZork Bastinac is stiff to miss out for Bell after a few BOGs in the ressies.

I am really positive about what Hammer Time can do up forward after watching a few of the NEAFL live streams lately, just hope we can get it up there often enough for him to show us what hes got.

Has Bastinac been egging Fagan's house or something (or what did he really do to get that spray?), how Bell is in over him is ridiculous.
Not even named an emergency after stringing together a few dominant games in the reserves. There must be something going on behind the scenes

Not even named an emergency after stringing together a few dominant games in the reserves. There must be something going on behind the scenes
What I hypothesise happened is that Fagan is just putting his foot down because he knows Bastinac can do better. I reckon he knows Bell, Beams and Harwood are just terrible and give it the best they've got. But Bastinac has played 150 and is genuinely good enough to be playing AFL at a reasonable level unlike the others.

Has Bastinac been egging Fagan's house or something (or what did he really do to get that spray?), how Bell is in over him is ridiculous.

Incredible that Bell keeps getting a game. There is nobody more useless than he is.

I'm all for getting excited about Hammer but Claye Beams (!) and Tom Bell (!!) are still in our team, and we're playing top of the ladder Adelaide (!!!) Help
Yes it is rather concerning when we're still playing Harwood, Beams and Bell. 3 of Bastinac/Mathieson/Rockliff/Robinson/Christensen would certainly look a lot better. Hopefully Bastinac and Mathieson come in next week.

It is now official.
upload_2017-5-18_18-58-28.jpeg
images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Bell keep his spot?
One of the great mysteries of the 21st Century right there. Perhaps Fagan has a sense of humour. Either way, looks like we get to watch Bell drop marks as soon as there is any body pressure on him, telegraph his intentions when thinking about switching play on the half back line before eventually doing so and kicking it directly to an opponent inside 50, handball it to no one, kick it over the heads of leading forwards and generally make a spud of himself for another week. Strap yourself in, it's going to be another ring ding dinger from Bell this week. I can feel it.

Matho on standby for Beams?
Yes it is rather concerning when we're still playing Harwood, Beams and Bell. 3 of Bastinac/Mathieson/Rockliff/Robinson/Christensen would certainly look a lot better. Hopefully Bastinac and Mathieson come in next week.
Bastinac and Bewick are pretenders. Their problem is fundamental. They don't go in.Harwood,Beames and Bell are below the talent level,probably there due to injuries. Witherdon, McStay, Skinner and Cox will supplant them sooner preferably, than later.

No doubt the Vic media will portray the Lions as villains in dropping Schache because he hasn't recommitted and how hard done by Schache was.
Fair dinkum, I would have him in the ressies for the rest of the year based on his form this year. Sticking with Close and Hipwood is the future for us. If he doesn't want to be at the Lions, let him go. He appears to have a heart the size of a pea anyway.

Fair dinkum, I would have him in the ressies for the rest of the year based on his form this year. Sticking with Close and Hipwood is the future for us. If he doesn't want to be at the Lions, let him go. He appears to have a heart the size of a pea anyway.
I am thinking that we will get to see just how big of a heart he has over the next couple of weeks.
I could not imagine he will be back in next week unless he has an absolute cracker in the 2's. Or Hammer or Close have an absolute shocker. So therefore not before the bye.
We will get to see if he is willing to fight.

Looking across the line up on the app with the photos.. and its just.. young.. young.. young.. young.. not old... young.. young...

We are.. young.

Would have liked to have left Beams out for one more week, early prediction is he does his quad again and this time it will be an 8 weeker.

Looking across the line up on the app with the photos.. and its just.. young.. young.. young.. young.. not old... young.. young...

We are.. young.

Would have liked to have left Beams out for one more week, early prediction is he does his quad again and this time it will be an 8 weeker.

That was my first thought.

That was my first thought.

We are.. young.

Let's hope not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back