Preview Round 10, 2023: Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast Suns, Saturday 20th May, 7:30. Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have gone from taking Geelong players to Hawks players. Which champion team is next?
Vomit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The gambler in me says I want to back Jack to kick 5 this week and take a speccy.

We're going over the top.

He's not that bad. If they stop pumping him up he can do a job in the right games.

But we have experience in recycled ex champs don't we 3KZ . I think we're mentally scarred.

Remember Len Thompson ? Rantall ? Walls was done and it cost us a final. Peter McCormack. Jeff Hogg ? All done when we shipped off younger players to give them a game.
Not to forget the amazing Max Richardson.

Not to forget the amazing Max Richardson.
I think we were just posting the names of duds. Richardson was great for us in 1979, playing 23 games and kicking 34 goals, including a haul of 6 against South Melbourne. Richardson only played 7 games in 1980, which was his final year. Age, poor form and injury caught up with him.

He doesn’t appear much in these highlights of the South game, but Gary Wilson certainly does. Wilson had 33 disposals and kicked 4 goals 5 for a best on ground performance.

In the Over 50’s Clique thread I posted footage from our 1979 win at Arden St. Richardson killed it that day.

All look good though I wonder how they’ll clash under lights.

I presume Lions maroon vs. Gold Coast blue in this one?

And while this has been covered before, it still irks me GC were allowed to essentially choose our colours - or a variant of each, when they were first admitted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we were just posting the names of duds. Richardson was great for us in 1979, playing 23 games and kicking 34 goals, including a haul of 6 against South Melbourne. Richardson only played 7 games in 1980, which was his final year. Age, poor form and injury caught up with him.

He doesn’t appear much in these highlights of the South game, but Gary Wilson certainly does. Wilson had 33 disposals and kicked 4 goals 5 for a best on ground performance.

In the Over 50’s Clique thread I posted footage from our 1979 win at Arden St. Richardson killed it that day.

Unusual for Gazza not to be knocked out against the Swans

SUNS

B: S.Lemmens, S.Collins, M.Andrew

HB: D.Macpherson, C.Ballard, W.Powell

C: B.Fiorini, D.Swallow, B.Ellis

HF: B.Ainsworth, J.Lukosius, M.Rosas

F: S.Day, B.King, L.Casboult

FOLL: J.Witts - C, M.Rowell, N.Anderson

I/C: R.Atkins, A.Davies, N.Holman, B.Humphrey

EMG: T.Berry, J.Jeffrey, H.Oea, B.Uwland

In: B.Ainsworth, L.Casboult, N.Holman

Out: H.Oea (Omitted), T.Berry (Omitted), M.Chol (Omitted), J.Tsitas (Sub)

That is a good Suns side, although IMO we have greater depth going through the midfield and the Suns forward line looks eminently containable... Suns back line looks very good, maybe we can exploit Andrew.

SUNS

B: S.Lemmens, S.Collins, M.Andrew

HB: D.Macpherson, C.Ballard, W.Powell

C: B.Fiorini, D.Swallow, B.Ellis

HF: B.Ainsworth, J.Lukosius, M.Rosas

F: S.Day, B.King, L.Casboult

FOLL: J.Witts - C, M.Rowell, N.Anderson

I/C: R.Atkins, A.Davies, N.Holman, B.Humphrey

EMG: T.Berry, J.Jeffrey, H.Oea, B.Uwland

In: B.Ainsworth, L.Casboult, N.Holman

Out: H.Oea (Omitted), T.Berry (Omitted), M.Chol (Omitted), J.Tsitas (Sub)
3 good ins for the Suns.
Expecting a pretty tight tussle.
Maybe we pull away late for a 4-5 goal win.

No surprises with selection.

Again.

Fagan just seems determined to keep playing his pets even though we're 7-2.

Clueless.

Imagine if we were 8-1 though, or 9-0. Heck, I have no experience in match committee or coaching at any level aside from helping out the dude that cuts the oranges in my kids U12's local comp, but if the club did what I thought it should do we might even be 10-0 right now....

Seriously though, would love to see Lohman or AhChee as sub, but I wonder if they will go Joyce. Is this Suns forward line the tallest we've played for a while?

No surprises with selection.

Again.

Fagan just seems determined to keep playing his pets even though we're 7-2.

Clueless.

Imagine if we were 8-1 though, or 9-0. Heck, I have no experience in match committee or coaching at any level aside from helping out the dude that cuts the oranges in my kids U12's local comp, but if the club did what I thought it should do we might even be 10-0 right now....

Seriously though, would love to see Lohman or AhChee as sub, but I wonder if they will go Joyce. Is this Suns forward line the tallest we've played for a while?

Really makes me wonder what goes on in the selection committee meetings? Sitting around playing tiddly winks with the pet magnets already up on the board? Do they even listen to the sage advice of the fans? Doesnt sound like it. Smarten up selectors. No fans, no club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back