Preview Round 10, 2023: Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast Suns, Saturday 20th May, 7:30. Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up against the Suns 3 tall fwds, King, Day and Casboult plus Lukosious, I'd have thought it is a good opportunity to bring Joyce back into the team. The Suns talls aren't competition leaders so isn't this a good chance to see if Joyce has improved his perceived deficiencies.

While we seem to be cruising against the low and midrange teams without a 3 tall fwd set up, I'd like to know that when we do come up against a taller, stronger team we have the cohesion of 3 tall backs to combat them. Come finals time it will be vital. Even next week v Crows fwd structure, should all be fit, the third tall would be useful.

I really liked the way Andrews, Payne and Joyce worked together earlier in the season. While Lester has been adequate thru these last few rounds, when push comes to shove at the pointy end of the season I'd rather the extra height and mobility Joyce offers. Time to get him back in and build his form and confidence.
“adequate?!” Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Coaches Votes from last week:
Brisbane Lions vs Essendon
VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)
10 Joe Daniher (BL)
7 Lachie Neale (BL)
4 Andrew McGrath (ESS)
3 Ryan Lester (BL)
3 Oscar McInerney (BL)
2 Mason Redman (ESS)
1 Harris Andrews (BL)

Ryan Lester was three times more “adequate” than Harris Andrews and according to the coaches more “adequate” than 29 other players.

Shirley you can’t be serious!

Last edited:

Listening to the chat between Ah Chee, K.Coleman, Lemmens and Rosas on lions.com I would be very surprised if Ah Chee isn't the sub.

True story: I once successfully auditioned for Hard Quiz with a special subject of the Brisbane Bears, and a backup subject of The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Never got the call-up unfortunately. Then someone else won their night with HHGTTG as their subject. Fair play to him though, he was good.

Last edited:
True story: I once successfully auditioned for Hard Quiz with a special subject of the Brisbane Bears, and a backup subject of The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Never got the call-up unfortunately. Then someone else won their night with HHTTG as their subject. Fair play to him though, he was good.
Name the Bears first ever side...
The-Big-Brass-Mug.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B
Peter Banfield​
Mark Roberts​
Dale Dickson​
HB
Matthew Campbell​
Steve Reynoldson (dvc)​
Cameron O'Brien​
C
Phillip Walsh​
Geoff Raines​
David O'Keefe​
HF
Brenton Phillips​
Mick McCarthy​
John Fidge​
F
Mike Richardson​
Jim Edmond​
Neil Hein​
R
Mark Mickan (c)​
Mark Williams (vc)​
Bernie Harris​
I/C
Brad Hardie​
Chris Waterson​

Match Summary​

1st​
2nd​
3rd​
FINAL SCORE​
Brisbane​
4.6​
10.11​
15.17​
19.23 (137)​
North Melbourne​
3.5​
6.9​
10.13​
15.14 (104)​
BEST
Brisbane:
Williams, Mickan, Phillips, Walsh, Harris, Campbell, Raines
North Melbourne: Schimmelbusch, Larkin, Dwyer, Harris

GOALS
Brisbane:
Phillips 5; Edmond 3; Hardie, Harris, Hein, Williams 2; Campbell, McCarthy, O'Keefe
North Melbourne: Crocker, J.Krakouer, Larkin, Schimmelbusch 2; Arceri, Harris, Holt, McDonald, Mossop, Smith, Stevenson

ATTENDANCE: 14,096 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

B
Peter Banfield​
Mark Roberts​
Dale Dickson​
HB
Matthew Campbell​
Steve Reynoldson (dvc)​
Cameron O'Brien​
C
Phillip Walsh​
Geoff Raines​
David O'Keefe​
HF
Brenton Phillips​
Mick McCarthy​
John Fidge​
F
Mike Richardson​
Jim Edmond​
Neil Hein​
R
Mark Mickan (c)​
Mark Williams (vc)​
Bernie Harris​
I/C
Brad Hardie​
Chris Waterson​

Match Summary​

1st​
2nd​
3rd​
FINAL SCORE​
Brisbane​
4.6​
10.11​
15.17​
19.23 (137)​
North Melbourne​
3.5​
6.9​
10.13​
15.14 (104)​
BEST
Brisbane:
Williams, Mickan, Phillips, Walsh, Harris, Campbell, Raines
North Melbourne: Schimmelbusch, Larkin, Dwyer, Harris

GOALS
Brisbane:
Phillips 5; Edmond 3; Hardie, Harris, Hein, Williams 2; Campbell, McCarthy, O'Keefe
North Melbourne: Crocker, J.Krakouer, Larkin, Schimmelbusch 2; Arceri, Harris, Holt, McDonald, Mossop, Smith, Stevenson

ATTENDANCE: 14,096 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground
Look who cheated and asked #Chat3KZ

Ahoy. I come in peace.

I’ll be heading up as usual for the gabba qclash in beautiful brisnyland.

However, unlike all previous visits where i come up with hours to spare and chill at a pub and/or restaurant, i pretty much will arrive just before game time.

So my question- inside the gabba is there any hidden food places that offer more than the usual food of pies, hotdogs and chips?

True story: I once successfully auditioned for Hard Quiz with a special subject of the Brisbane Bears, and a backup subject of The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Never got the call-up unfortunately. Then someone else won their night with HHGTTG as their subject. Fair play to him though, he was good.
That frood obviously knew where his towel was/is.

Ahoy. I come in peace.

I’ll be heading up as usual for the gabba qclash in beautiful brisnyland.

However, unlike all previous visits where i come up with hours to spare and chill at a pub and/or restaurant, i pretty much will arrive just before game time.

So my question- inside the gabba is there any hidden food places that offer more than the usual food of pies, hotdogs and chips?
I rarely eat at the footy but when I do the fish and chips you get is pretty good quality... expensive though, circa $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back