Preview Round 9 Friday May 10th - Keninly Foodbowl Cwub vs. Scott's Tots Goodbye (To 2025) New; Have We Lost Yet Discussion @ The Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The injury thing is overrated. Most of the players out at the moment are ranked somewhere between 16-30 on the depth chart. The only top 10 player out is Rozee and if you stretch it to top 15 you could probably include Soldo and SPP. It's hardly a crisis and absolutely no excuse for another poor performance.
I'm not sure what dynamics you are using for your "top 10 player" ratings but if you don't have SPP in there then I'm intrigued to hear your 6 to 9 players.

Dylan was horrible last week, I would have given him more time to settle , especially considering how bad jones has been for the season.

But I think Williams may be horribly unsuited to playing in such a tall backline.

He used to play in a far more mobile backline with lots of good kicks, now less so.

The injury thing is overrated. Most of the players out at the moment are ranked somewhere between 16-30 on the depth chart. The only top 10 player out is Rozee and if you stretch it to top 15 you could probably include Soldo and SPP. It's hardly a crisis and absolutely no excuse for another poor performance.
Our depth is crap, Rozee is our best player and Soldo is a huge loss. SPP when in form is also one of the few players who can spark the team. It only takes 4 or 5 to be out for everything to go to s**t because of our lack of depth.

I'm not sure what dynamics you are using for your "top 10 player" ratings but if you don't have SPP in there then I'm intrigued to hear your 6 to 9 players.
SPP definitely not top 10.

Completely agree with TeeKray, this is most definitely not an injury crisis. It is for the SANFL team with the depth, but really not a big issue yet for the AFL team.

Luckily the game Sweet is out, is against Geelong. Their rucks are very weak, probably weakest in the comp. Dante will be fine.

Actually think our team looks stronger on paper this week than last. Aliir back is massive, Finlayson definitely deserves to be back and not having a 30% for Rozee. Only glaring issue again is McEntee, but who really cares about commenting much about that, because what is the point?

With all that being said, Geelong by 60+. Only thing saving the 100 point mark is the predicted rain.

Without even thinking I've got Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis, Drew, Wines, Aliir, Houston, Dixon, Rioli clearly ahead of him and I could mount an argument for half a dozen others.

Our depth is crap, Rozee is our best player and Soldo is a huge loss. SPP when in form is also one of the few players who can spark the team. It only takes 4 or 5 to be out for everything to go to s**t because of our lack of depth.

Most teams struggle with depth, but it doesn’t help when you have a ****house system to go with the mounting injuries.

Don’t worry, on multiple occasions under Ken we have been put away by injury plagued sides while being at near full strength ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams has been awful since coming back - rushed kicks, trailing on leads, feeling for body contact in marking contests. Playing like a player with 0 confidence. Unfortunately hasn't made his opportunity count.
The Hinkley special. We do it to someone every year. Williams will be playing VFL next year and the inferior football minds with no pattern recognition will ignore all the talent he's shown in the past and blame it on him not being good enough, just as they've done to his predecessors.

The Hinkley special. We do it to someone every year. Williams will be playing VFL next year and the inferior football minds with no pattern recognition will ignore all the talent he's shown in the past and blame it on him not being good enough, just as they've done to his predecessors.
I really hate piling in on Jed but this is the perfect example. We know what his level is because he's been played non stop. I don't think we know Williams's level...(or Butch, Hayes etc). I do know for a young man who has played not many games, there seems to be plenty of upside, even if he's not the complete footballer (yet). But he'll have 6 games this year, be devalued and end up in the VFL as evidence he was never any good in the first place rather than it being evidence he was hung out to dry.
Hard to know if he's killed more careers or greyhounds

Regular monthly installment for May if I got a membership =$200

Put that on a team Ken shits himself against - for May it starts with the Crows =$440

Then a week later - take that amount to another team Ken can’t beat (Geelong) = $565

Cash out as then there are a couple of weeks for Ken to play a few ‘bunnies’ to stoke his master coach ego.

Reset for June.

Tomorrow is about sticking to the formula

Not arsed anymore. Need one of these Life remotes from the movie Click so I can press fast-forward.

Click | Rotten Tomatoes

The coach sets the tone for the whole place and whether it's all bluff or not, it's his duty to come out and say "we can't wait to get over there and go head to head against a great side in Geelong" or "what a great opportunity for a young bloke like Dante Visentini to come in and have an impact".

Remember when Hawthorn played GWS in Canberra a few years back and it snowed, and Clarkson was out there with the players before the game in shorts and t-shirt enthusiastically geeing them up? They pulled off an upset victory that night.

Instead, our skin sack of a coach just shrugs his shoulders and says how hard it's all gonna be.
Mark Williams did this before 119. Remember that

Hinkley:

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back