Game Day Round 9 - North Melbourne @ Darwin - 11th May 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Norf board having a sook about a supposed Walter “circle jerk” from the commentary team. LOL.
Was Powelly invited as part of his re-education?
If Davies can be the player we hope he can be I'm going to be super happy
He's the new big bodied mid we'd love to have

Loved the games from the guys who come into the team this week, Jeffery, Davies, Sexton were good and will definitely hold their spot. Liked ainsworth on the wing although they probably move him forward next week with fiorini to return.

Great night, won by about the expected margin.
For those complaining about the Darwin fixture, come visit.. you’ll understand why it’s a must. Great atmosphere.
Jed had an almost night. You see how good he will be, as good as he was, when he starts to clunk the marks he flies for he will dominate.
Touk started slow , but after that was one of the few that could one grab the slippery ball.
4 day break could go either way. Could help us as we have acclimatised here, or we could be fatigued.

I would like to see them win by at least 28 points so we get our percentage back above 100%. 8th placed Freo sit one win ahead of us with a percentage of 110.1% so it would be nice if we could close that gap tonight and sit just outside the top 8 by a few percentage points.
I asked for a 28 point win and they gave us a 68 point win. Very happy with what I saw tonight and there were many positives from several players. Really liked what I saw from Walter giving it his all until the very end and I thought King showed us something higher up the ground which was a nice change. I'll give more thoughts in the morning but I think this is a win we can use to build towards something big.

Great night, won by about the expected margin.
For those complaining about the Darwin fixture, come visit.. you’ll understand why it’s a must. Great atmosphere.
Jed had an almost night. You see how good he will be, as good as he was, when he starts to clunk the marks he flies for he will dominate.
Touk started slow , but after that was one of the few that could one grab the slippery ball.
4 day break could go either way. Could help us as we have acclimatised here, or we could be fatigued.

I don’t doubt that it’s a great atmosphere, great for Darwin, maybe good for the boys to spend some time together. But it’s s**t for GC fans no matter how you try and spin it, flights alone cost the price of a gold membership if you want to go, no footy live on GC for a month. And the last couple of years I believe it’s why we have fallen off a cliff physically.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I never understand the hand wringing on Ben King
He only has one job
Kick 50+goals a year which he's on track to do
yada yada doesnt chase
yada yada doesnt tackle
Yada yada gives us nothing
Actually yes he does-he gives us 50 goals a year

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only North but any win is great.

North actually had a go in the first quarter and started with some great pressure but then as I hoped melted in insane conditions.

We started a bit slowly with pressure not up to it but then we warmed up to task and it could be 100+ win.

Honestly, I enjoyed the comments during the first quarter here. They made me laugh. Talk about change of momentum in fans feelings 😂

It was good to see all inclusions working. It did look like Johnston still needs some adjustments.

Funny, how quickly some fans changed their opinion about Davies. I think he played well too.

I thought Miller was fantastic in 2nd half. Very clean.

Jeffrey did well. Mac was fantastic too. Joy to watch.

Humphrey was killing it the last quarter. Pity he is going back to Victoria 😂

As for Walter, I was actually frustrated with him early on as he fumbled everything, gave up frees. But what he showed later as game progressed was unbelievable. I don't think there is any KPF with similar appetite for contest, chasing with excellent speed. I just hope that coaches teach him how to kill only opposition and not also himself. A couple of times he hurt himself.

Yeah, constant criticism of King is borderline ridiculous especially considering where he is coming from this year. Yes, he is not Walter as far as we talk about pressure, contest but bloody hell he is close to top Coleman despite spending pre-season in rehab group and still learning to trust body again.

It will be very difficult to back it up on Thu against Cats and short break. These 2 Darwin games can also have effect on the remaining fixture. Let's see.

Swallow and Fiorini are in according to Dimma. Interesting to see who will be out. Will Humphrey play more minutes?

Last edited:
Only North but any win is great.

North actually had a go in the first quarter and started with some great pressure but then as I hoped melted in insane conditions.

We started a bit slowly with pressure not up to it but then we warmed up to task and it could be 100+ win.

Honestly, I enjoyed the comments during the first quarter here. They made me laugh. Talk about change of momentum in fans feelings 😂

It was good to see all inclusions working. It did look like Johnston still needs some adjustments.

I thought Miller was fantastic in 2nd half. Very clean.

Jeffrey did well. Mac was fantastic too. Joy to watch.

As for Walter, I was actually frustrated with him early on as he fumbled everything, gave up silly free. But what he showed later as game progressed was unbelievable. I don't think there is any KPF with similar appetite for contest, chasing with excellent speed. I just hope that coaches teach him how to kill only opposition and not also himself. A couple of times he hurt himself.

Yeah, constant criticism of King is borderline ridiculous especially considering where he is coming from this year. Yes, he is not Walter as far as we talk about pressure, contest but bloody hell he is close to top Coleman despite spending pre-season in rehab group and still learning to trust body again.

It will be very difficult to back it on Thu against Cats and short break. The impact of these 2 Darwin games can also affect following up games. Let's see.

Swallow and Fiorini are in according to Dimma. Interesting to see who will be out. Will Humphrey play more minutes?
I think Holman and Swallow are on rotation now
Fiorini for Johnston

happy with Jeffrey down back, plays with a bit of swagger, he looked pretty silky in the slippery conditions. Uwland good too. Powell to replace Sexton and i think thats our best backline.. let them play out the rest of year and get some consistency.

Never been big on Davies but he was good!

Mac, clubs will be offering him buckets of cash we need to lock him down on a longterm deal.

Clohesy is just so solid, rarely makes an error, will be a long term player for us.

happy with Jeffrey down back, plays with a bit of swagger, he looked pretty silky in the slippery conditions. Uwland good too. Powell to replace Sexton and i think thats our best backline.. let them play out the rest of year and get some consistency.

Never been big on Davies but he was good!

Mac, clubs will be offering him buckets of cash we need to lock him down on a longterm deal.

Clohesy is just so solid, rarely makes an error, will be a long term player for us.
Jeffery is going to be a very good player. I am sure of that as l was with Flanders

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been doing this with the Suns for 15 years.It's not rocket surgery:(.I have faith that Dimma won't give up until we're successful or it breaks him but we are so far from where the top 5 or 6 are it's just very disheartening

Interestingly long after the game had ended Dimma was just pacing up and down in the rooms deep in collecting his thoughts. He’s definitely not here at this club to collect his retirement fund

Davies and Humphrey have been ELECTRIC in the guts, not going to rowell 100% of the time is paying dividends

I have been saying since Hugh Greenwood left we’re missing that link player between ruck and clearance player (Rowell/Anderson) always thought Davies could be it but struggled with his body and consistency. He done some nice things last night

Glad I wasn’t doing a shot everytime Fox Footy called will powells name tonight.
I’d be on the ground by 3/4 time

Same on SEN commentary

Dimma and the boys got it right last night, Pressure over 200 will win us games.

5-0 in home games, another one next week. lets get the job done.

Collins, Ballard, Andrew, Uwland, Flanders & Jeffrey were huge in that backline absolute brick wall. I'll give some love to the backs since the Jed Circle Jerk has already started without me

Once Walter starts sticking marks and kicking bags

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dimma and the boys got it right last night, Pressure over 200 will win us games.

5-0 in home games, another one next week. lets get the job done.

Collins, Ballard, Andrew, Uwland, Flanders & Jeffrey were huge in that backline absolute brick wall. I'll give some love to the backs since the Jed Circle Jerk has already started without me
No love for Secco?I gave him a vote

Very good win in the end, concerning start with players jogging around but there’s so much to like in Jed, Chlosey, Rodgers, Mac, Bodhi, Flanders, Bear etc

If we ever put a full game together we will break the league high score, more talent than a 1980’s disco VIP area

I don’t doubt that it’s a great atmosphere, great for Darwin, maybe good for the boys to spend some time together. But it’s s**t for GC fans no matter how you try and spin it, flights alone cost the price of a gold membership if you want to go, no footy live on GC for a month. And the last couple of years I believe it’s why we have fallen off a cliff physically.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When we lose two home games there, one for gather round, cairns as well, it’s a lot of home football to lose. It’s not something other AFL sides do as heavily as well. So while it’s great for the boys, the trip, culture, atmosphere etc, it’s still bang average as a member to have your team give away a quarter of their home games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back