Ruckmen are Struggling

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Very poor start to the year by the ruckmen this year in supercoach.

Averages are pretty poor and the only one above 100 is Jolly.

However Jolly has only got above the 100 mark when rucking against Richmond & Brisbane (Pattison & Wood) so it's not like he has proved himself against anyone decent.

I have Sandilands and Cox and not happy with Sandi's return, but I can not see any other ruckman worth trading for at this stage.

Anyone else found their ruck division to be letting them down?

Rucks have always been a point where I really struggle. This year I have Lade and Hudson starting, they have been a bit up and down which is a problem. I also have Moran as an Emergency and are hoping he can get back playing seniors soon.

Very poor start to the year by the ruckmen.

Averages are pretty poor and the only one above 100 is Jolly.

However Jolly has only got above the 100 mark when rucking against Richmond & Brisbane (Pattison & Wood) so it's not like he has proved himself against anyone decent.

I have Sandilands and Cox and not happy with Sandi's return, but I can not see any other ruckman worth trading for at this stage.

Anyone else found their ruck division to be letting them down?

only other ruckman you may consider would be maybe jeff white. Good player howevere yeh sandilands seems to be the go atm. Im sure he will get better. Remember he was rucking against cox on the weekend, the 2 basically would have canceled each other out. Wait till he plays a team with no rucks, he will rip it up

Wouldnt be suprised if Seaby gets more time in the ruck than previous year, thus potentialy affecting Cox's scores, having said that he'll probably still rack up a few hundreds.

I have Sandilands and Cox and not happy with Sandi's return

Sandilands has risen in value :confused:. I think people expect every player they pick - irrespective of price - to get them 100 points??

Wouldnt be suprised if Seaby gets more time in the ruck than previous year, thus potentialy affecting Cox's scores, having said that he'll probably still rack up a few hundreds.

Seasby picked up a bit on injury on the weekend, and Cox needed that run, so I expect Cox to have a top game against Carlton this weekend. Am even considering making him captain. :eek:

Edit: No way. I'm sticking with Cross as captian for the whole year :thumbsu:

Sandilands has risen in value :confused:. I think people expect every player they pick - irrespective of price - to get them 100 points??

Sandilands has declined in value (Supercoach)

I don;t expect every player to get 100 points, but I was just making the point that overall the ruckman are struggling this year.

From memory last year Cox, Lade, Simmonds etc were all getting big scores. In saying that alot of the rucks have had interrupted pre-seasons

I know this may seem biased being a Geelong supporter, but Mooney is definately a decent pick up in rucks. He generally gets around 80 and gets the occasional 100. He's consistent, because he's our centre half forward, not ruckman. I've got him and Sandilands and will probably keep them all year, unless there's an injury.

No worries, I wasnt having a go at you. (Sandilands has increased a bit in Dreamteam btw.)

Early days yet, but the gun strategy so far this year is to go cheap with the rucks (Hudson, Jolly, McIntosh) and use the extra money in areas of the ground where the points-per-dollar spent are higher.

It looks like Sandliands' dominance doesn't translate well to Supercoach where clangers are costly (11 so far this season) and effectiveness and contested ball are rewarded.

He's living up to my expectations, but there is a chance I may upgrade him to Cox or Lade come league finals time if other areas of my team don't need attention.

Definately holding onto him for the long term though.

Mooney's the way to go.
Did get suspended 4 times last year but made vice capt this year i believe and looks to be a lot more disciplined. there was actually an article about this in the hun at the start of the year.
mooney's good enough (in SC) to score some 150s now and then too.

had a great ruck division last year with cox(c), fraser, simmonds and mcintosh, but this year with cox and sandilands hasn't been best so far. had cox captain first 2 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although rucks have performed badly it looks pretty predictable to me.

Cox, Lade & Sandilands will be at the top, Mooney, Ottens Fraser & White will average probably 5-10 points less per game and Hudson & Everitt will be 10 again.

Fraiser, White & Everitt will suffer from reduced game time.

LOL, i let you off on the first round, but even round 2 when there was a question mark over his head, he wasn't going to come in to the season all guns blazing off an injury.

You are letting him off too easy. Cox was never going to dominate against Sydney with Jolly & Everitt sharing the load. Might be a good captain this week against Carlton though

u dont win games with ruckman....i went with mcintosh and darcy and hav not regretted it...sure there not killing it but there holding there own vs 'gun' ruckman twice their price....has enabled me to load up other positions....

I have Ben Hudson and Hamish Mcintosh with Cameron Cloke and Griffin on my reserves. They're serviceable but they dont get much over 70 so thats a worry

I know this may seem biased being a Geelong supporter, but Mooney is definately a decent pick up in rucks. He generally gets around 80 and gets the occasional 100. He's consistent, because he's our centre half forward, not ruckman. I've got him and Sandilands and will probably keep them all year, unless there's an injury.

I chose both Mooney and Ottens as my rucks. Probably a bad move seeing as Sandilands or Everitt were around the same price, but anyway, surprised to see Mooney on the 4th most points and Ottens 6th for the rucks. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back