Game Day Round 2023 Fantasy Round 23 Discussion - Finals are a Coming

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the weekly winner had a massive 2,704.
I copped LDU (Wilmot cover) and bombed with 2,411.

Finally got rid of Macrae for Matt Crouch.
No way he was gonna finish the year in my side, and then he got subbed for 50, good move.

Sicily was a bad get 2 weeks ago but at least most failed premos in my side hit 90.

Most likely finish the year without cashing in Wilmot as I have $507k bank anyway.

Shocking week. Traded out Flanders and Stewart (Lyon speaking about tags) to Laird and Ziebell. Now Duncan is suspended. Limping to the finish line.

How unlucky can you be….
Away on holidays and missed the LDU late out with no coverage on mid bench.
I was gone as far as I was concerned.
Ended up reversing my Ben Keays to Zak Butters trade to try to get some sort of coverage for LDU.

So as much as I didn’t want to I had to put Keays back on the field.
I bought in Newcombe as he was about all I could afford to bring in.
Of course he was a late out too.
I caught that one in time though so did some more shuffling and ended up with Amon as midfield emergency to cover LDU out.
Had English picked for Captain but couldn’t resist VC Marshall’s 141.
Slowly clawed my way back into the game and with 2 extra players Young and Ryan in the last game I was starting to believe.
Covered more than half the required catch up score at halftime and yep was looking good.
Was getting very close to taking the lead in the last 5 minutes then Port started retaining possession.
Ended up falling 3 points short, of course if I had caught the LDU out in time I would have won pretty much with whoever I traded him for, if I had made English my Captain as planned I would have won also.
However as there rub salt in the wound the player I had originally traded out but had to bring back in, Ben Keays did not have his goal allowed and no review so of course if it was awarded as it should have been I would have won also.
I lost 1510 to 1513.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back