Coach Rutten sacked - no, really this time. Could the Dodo face extinction too? 🙏🙏

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the replay of AFL360. They played video of Rutten sitting on the bench just after the final siren of the weekends game. He looked like a deer in the headlights. Lost. Panicked even.

Must be tough for him, knowing your a dead man walking. I wonder what he knew at that moment.

If you are Clarko choosing between the Bombers & North you are wanting your contract to be bullet-proof in terms of high pay, 4-5 years term, full pay out if sacked. because both these clubs have changed coaches a lot recently it seems to me anyway.

If you are Clarko choosing between the Bombers & North you are wanting your contract to be bullet-proof in terms of high pay, 4-5 years term, full pay out if sacked. because both these clubs have changed coaches a lot recently it seems to me anyway.
North wouldn't sack him. Essendon on the other hand you could not trust.

He hasnt done anything to offend the group. He hasn't done anything to inspire the group. He is a rookie who was put through an iffy handover 'process' during covid and the players have not responded. He hasnt sold the message he's trying to get across. Hes been in charge of team defence since 2019. I refuse to believe the players cannot understand or execute a zone defence.

Respectfully, unless you’ve secretly been working with the playing group over the past year you wouldn’t have clue one as to whether Rutten had offended or inspired the group. How would you know? Pure unsubstantiated speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respectfully, unless you’ve secretly been working with the playing group over the past year you wouldn’t have clue one as to whether Rutten had offended or inspired the group. How would you know? Pure unsubstantiated speculation.
You're right, unless you are there living it you can only go off what you see and hear to form your opinion. This is a public forum and a lot of it is speculation.

The essendon fans getting into the north fans here, come on seriously? You think that Clarko can actually fix your club? No he can’t. Absolouely 0 hope while dodoro is there and while there is 0 accountability for the saga taking place. The delusions continue at tullamarine. It’s hilarious
Trying not to laugh picturing Shiel trying to pull off Clarko’s elite footskill game plan 🤭

not really ? scott was at the club for 10 years replaced with a guy who sadly had a break down, noble was well yeh

bombers had to get rid of hird really and had rutten coach with worsford the media man,

Caro saying she believes Clarko will coach Essendon gives me such great joy.

Related - it's being reported on SEN this morning that Clarkson and/or manager in fact did not speak with Essendon yesterday! Accordingly, we can safely add this to the AFL media's growing and embarrassing 'breaking news = bullshit' list...

North are better off just appointing a highly rated assistant from a good club and and just going clean slate. Nothing suggests Clarkson would succeed at North. Back to Essendon, Rutten isn’t the answer and won’t take them forward. They’ve been horrendous for almost 20 years now. If AC told them to get lost they need to get the next best available.

It’s harder to choose who is in a bigger heap of dung right now; north or Essendon.
or.....

The Hind incident is incredible. Never seen that at AFL level. He's been at Ess 4 years and this is the lack of respect. How has it taken this long for the power brokers to react.

Didn't the Hind thing happen when they were 50 points up against us and he gave away a dumb dissent free?

Related - it's being reported on SEN this morning that Clarkson and/or manager in fact did not speak with Essendon yesterday! Accordingly, we can safely add this to the AFL media's growing and embarrassing 'breaking news = bullshit' list...
tim watson said bombers hadn't talked to clarkson but hinted they had spoke with he's manager, tim watson is out of the loop with what is happening behind the scenes imo. the whole drug saga he was made to look foolish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back