Multiplat Saints Row: The Third

Remove this Banner Ad

^

Ah I get you. I wouldn't think that SR4 could become even more outlandish, but as my other post points to, I don't think they need to. Keep that same great SR humor and keep expanding the core gameplay elements and they will have a classic on their hands...

2 is decent, but personally I feel it has nothing on 3.

3 takes what 2 had and turns it up to 11. Not only that but there's a level of overall polish to the game that 2 just didn't have at all.

While 1 may have been a buggy mess, 2 was improved, but still buggy to an extent as well. I haven't really encountered a true bug in 3, at least what I can remember anyway.

Everything in 3 just feels like the devs true vision of what they wanted Saints Row to be. Although I don't know where they go from here...

yeah cool.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever pissed meself laughing so much as when you rescue the gimp guy starting with Z, who has the harmoniser software on his voice, and he hangs out with you. **** me that's some funny s**t.

This game is so far over the top that is good i mean who else would decide to make a weapon called a penetrator ( a giant purple dildo on a stick for those who dont know) that blows people up on impact.

or a gun that makes sharks appear under people and eat them.

i would rate this and gta on the same level as gta was more immersive and better gameplay/story and better gun mechanics/realism

saints rown was so over the top it was fun it has awesome mini games better than gta mini games and i would say a tad saints row is a tad more fun only because of it over the top outlandisness.

yeah cool.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever pissed meself laughing so much as when you rescue the gimp guy starting with Z, who has the harmoniser software on his voice, and he hangs out with you. **** me that's some funny s**t.

I'd shake your hand...but dem floors were a little sticky if you know what I'm sayin'

I'm good

Trying to call in a Heli or VTol in and getting it to land is one of the most pedantic things I've seen. You need a friggen acre for them to land in otherwise they just hover forever...!

The first game I played the only one I ever saw was during a survival mayhem activity, had no chance to kill him with all the Luchadors around.

The second game I found him within 2 minutes. Great early game boost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are completely random. I've found 2 in my time so far.

They're a bitch to take down even with everything maxed out. You have to watch for them running right up to you and hitting you as they deal a lot of damage. Also takes around 20+ shots with the shotgun maxed to take them down too.

They are completely random. I've found 2 in my time so far.

They're a bitch to take down even with everything maxed out. You have to watch for them running right up to you and hitting you as they deal a lot of damage. Also takes around 20+ shots with the shotgun maxed to take them down too.

really?? Right, well I'm still pretty early on, so will be very interesting

If you just see one in the street it's easy to kill with melee as you can stunlock them. Saves ammo too...just run up and R3 (or Xbox/PC equivalent) him to death (though it takes a long time.)

He can take a beating, I'm only at the start too.

Shot him about 10 times with the shotgun and wasn't doing anything. Switched to the penetrator as you can knock him down then beat him while he's on the ground.

With the $300k I managed to max out all my weapons.

So there was gonna be an 8th voice to choose from for your character when deciding in Saints Row 3...that voice? A fully auto-tuned voice!

It's likely that it was cut and then turned into the voice of Zimos. But damn, can't help but think it would've been epic to hear the auto-tune during some of the sequences in the game.

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-mystery-of-saints-row-the-thirds-8th-player-voice/4025/
This groundbreaking revelation was part of Volition senior audio designer Ariel Gross' presentation at the Game Developers Conference this morning, a largely developer-focused talk on voice production for Saints Row: The Third.

The mysterious eight voice? A completely auto-tuned player.

When Gross said this, the entire audience groaned in disappointment.

"I know," said Gross. "I know."

"It was a really painful cut, but it was the right decision in terms of scope," he said.
There's been some other news today how the game was parkour focussed at one stage with the story being a more hard-edged infiltration story of a cop infiltrating the 3rd Street Saints. Also had a cover system. All I can say is I'm glad they cut that stuff.

I've been playing Resistance: Retribution for PSP lately, and the main characters voice is the cockney from Saints Row 2/3.

It's impossible to take the story seriously on any level because of it.

lolwut. I chose that voice as a joke, it was gold. Can't imagine it in a serious game.

"I have something to confess!"
"What?"
"I CALL FRIES CHIPS!"
"....glad you got that off your chest."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back