Review Saints vs Cats review

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing I hate more than losing to that c*mstain of a football club. Today has ruined me... I'm in a world of hurt and can't shake it. F***ing Joel Selwood the protected species even cops free kicks when he is taken high by his own bloody teammate! (First quarter)
Can someone tell me why Rooey had to give it back to Gilbert when he had a shot 30 out to get within a goal? Completely crushed our momentum! I could go on.. the Mackie 50 for absolutely nothing!
But what gripes me probably even more than all that is the fact that some oxygen thiefs on here keep calling for the heads of our young talented players. How on earth are we ment to ever win a flag if we don't play the likes of Billings, Paddy and Gresham?
4 pages or more of the sh** when fringe players like Weller have been absolutely shocking and previously Savage... but yer nah let's ignore that and call for Greshams head. So so backwards some of you!

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Were you the one praying for injuries in the lead-up? Says a lot about you in all honesty.

A lot of people here are very harsh on Longer.

I counted 3 or 4 times when the radio commentators said "Longer just got absolutely crunched in that contest and is coming from the ground"

Forget his game after half time. He was injured.

His first half was very encouraging. I thought he gave us a few really clean clearances.

Rors , mate, get absolutely ******. Lobb was my boy. Starting to think Roo had you pegged correctly from the beginning...
Get ****ed campaigner.

His name is Rory. He's already like a brother from another mother!

Now how do we get the other 3 from Adelaide over.... ;)

5 Games in and here we are again, more questions than answers.

For those that do not think we run games out, it was later in last year that we came over the top of other teams and also made the finals after being smashed interstate early in the year. So lets wait and see, reckon we will get better as the season progresses.

I thought Longer gave us some early clearances and battled hard and was not our worst, but he needs to do more around the ground to be considered an ordinary ruckman let alone elite. Third man up has destroyed guys like Blicavus and others and we are seeing emergence of the big framed ruckman again, seeing Josh Bruce get toweled up in the center only makes my case. We need another option maybe Carlisle??? Marshall is not ready and Pierce is not the answer.

We lost the game because Selwood, Dangerfield & Duncan et al got on top and we just do not have enough elite mids at the moment to go with them in the last quarter. We also should have been 5 goals up at half time as umpires and our poor disposal gifted Geelong 4 goals. That might have swayed the game our way in the second half as we could continue to play daring football.

As for players; who is getting better?
Ross was outstanding and getting better
Acres & Steele are building
Minchington best game in the RWB, IMHO stays for the rest of the season
Billings marginally better and still hope for a bust out 3 game patch but I reckon he is a bust a pick 3 but can still be a better than average footballer.
The rest have plateaued and play their guts out and what we see is what we get, good sometimes bad occasionally.

Now for the hard calls we are not going to win games in 2019 with Gilbert and I reckon we need to be playing DMac.
Webster, people say he has elite kicking.....it is because he is left footed everyone looks elite... give White a go
Long has had a taste of the big time go back and learn your craft and lets put Sincs back in as it is a major upgrade on Long's output today
Dunstan, when was the last time he got more than 20 touches.....time to see why we recruited Koby Stevens I reckon.

Those changes I reckon gives us more staying power in the mid field for longer and more run out of defense by DMac.
Longer moves for Hickey as a better match for McEvoy. But happy for Billy to stay for another but I reckon he will be pretty sore this week.

Probably all ready written but some strange umpiring decisions, didn't cost us the game , just hard to understand. Gilbert hitting Roo on the chest but umpire not paying advantage, wtf ? Then the 50metre penalty against Joey based on something the umpire thought he might have heard and then apologise to Joey as setting mark.
Anyway our mids did all right till three quarter time but then got blown away . Why are we running out of legs at 3/4 time , eagles game ran out of puff with 10 minutes to go. We seem to be leaving to much to not enough mids. I've supported Dunstan all year but 4 kicks and some hand passes when Selwood has over 40 by himself is a poor effort, Gresh was poor but young kids have up and down days . To be fair he hasn't had many down games . Good to see Brown hold Hawkins to two goals and one was a gift in the last quarter. Backline played pretty well until the last term and then got swamped by their mids.

Something that hasn't been mentioned much this year , the poor form of our forwards. Been getting very little goal wise out of our gun forwards in Bruce and Membrey .

Sent via HAL

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a pissing in pocket post. Genuinely regard your forward highly.
I genuinely think cats are adorable. I have a black kitten as my avatar :)

I wanted the black cat to be Felicia Hardy but then I wanted to keep things G-rated. So I chose a kitten. He's a mean looking kitten but he has a nice heart. And cute little white boots. So cute. So adorable. I just want to pat it.

You're giving us all a bad name, man. Just shut up, please.
Not all mate. I actually don't mind a lot of your supporters and think your side is in for success shortly. Keep plugging away, you have the nucleus of a really good side.
Where did I pray for injuries you oxygen thief? Pathetic Geelong fan just making up stories! Get off our board you filth

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
How'd you see the game unfold and how do you think you can improve going forward. I like your forward pressure and spread ... your speed running out of defence carved us up at times and worried us all game. It looked like fitness was an issue in the end, would that be right?

I genuinely think cats are adorable. I have a black kitten as my avatar :)

I wanted the black cat to be Felicia Hardy but then I wanted to keep things G-rated. So I chose a kitten. He's a mean looking kitten but he has a nice heart. And cute little white boots. So cute. So adorable. I just want to pat it.
Okaaay

Probably all ready written but some strange umpiring decisions, didn't cost us the game , just hard to understand. Gilbert hitting Roo on the chest but umpire not paying advantage, wtf ? Then the 50metre penalty against Joey based on something the umpire thought he might have heard and then apologise to Joey as setting mark.
Anyway our mids did all right till three quarter time but then got blown away . Why are we running out of legs at 3/4 time , eagles game ran out of puff with 10 minutes to go. We seem to be leaving to much to not enough mids. I've supported Dunstan all year but 4 kicks and some hand passes when Selwood has over 40 by himself is a poor effort, Gresh was poor but young kids have up and down days . To be fair he hasn't had many down games . Good to see Brown hold Hawkins to two goals and one was a gift in the last quarter. Backline played pretty well until the last term and then got swamped by their mids.

Sent via HAL
Agree on Brown. He threw Hawkins around a bit. Haven't had that capacity for a long time.

Get ****** campaigner.

His name is Rory. He's already like a brother from another mother!

Now how do we get the other 3 from Adelaide over.... ;)

I'd give my left nut for Rory Sloane. ****, make him captain as well, he still loves the Saints. Get Lenny back down as an assistant coach to club and tell him Sir Lenny Hayes would like him to lead the midfield for our 2020 flag tilt.

Greshs dropped marked early 4th qtr was the straw that broke the camels back. Geelong went on a rampage after that.

Honestly sick to death of Gilbert, gave away multiple direct goals. That effort just before 3 qtr time on the wing where he peeled off his man to spoil and got no where near it, allowing Geelong to walk into an open goal from the wing.

Websters kick in the backline across the face of goal in the 1st was an absolute disgrace. Made multiple bad errors throughout.

Gresh, Weller, Long all poor games.
Bruce absolute shocker too. Sick of seeing him in the ruck!

Thought Longer was great in the ruck for the 1st half, and clearly got tired after his first AFL game in a long time.
Ross, Brown, Roberton all great.

He killed us 24 possies in the second half shocking coaching again. Just run through the campaigner who cares if you get few weeks. Longer had a chance in the third to kill him but he didnt.

Roberton did and he still threw his arms up appealing for a free kick.

We should have done better to close him down but it doesn't help when the umpires pay him a free kick almost every time we tackle him.

The sooky turd didn't complain to the umpires like he did when we beat them last year, he should have been sucking them off after all the frees he got today.

Is there a thread describing when Rors first got told to get ******? I need to catch up!
I told a story about Nick Riewoldt having told me to get ****ed twice (separate occasions) when out years ago.

Used to always be over at my house (The Edgy) on Wednesday nights. Some campaigners we're getting stuck into him back in 2002& I told them to **** off, get a life &that Nicks life will end up being 100x better than theirs anyway... After they pissed off, Nick told me to get ****ed as he can stick up for himself. I went to the bar, bought a Bundy & coke, then thought to myself "well that was uncalled for"

That's the gist of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back