Player Watch Sam Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Sam, thought he was one of our best and is putting together a good game
He's tough and has got great hands in close.
He runs forward and plays attacking footy
He tackles ferociously
I thought he was easily our best midfielder today
I though him and Cook were a couple of positives out of a bad day

I like Sam, thought he was one of our best and is putting together a good game
He's tough and has got great hands in close.
He runs forward and plays attacking footy
He tackles ferociously
I thought he was easily our best midfielder today
I though him and Cook were a couple of positives out of a bad day
Have been a fan from day one, look forward to seeing 50 games into him

Yep replaces crouch permanently.
Awkward for mutineer 😆
I think Matty's weaknesses got badly exposed today, along with Laird who let us down badly, AND ROB
I thought Nicks did change up the midfield a lot today, contrary to what others saw
I saw Rachele, Hately, Murphy and even Jones get a roll through there late in the game

I think Matty's weaknesses got badly exposed today, along with Laird who let us down badly, AND ROB
I thought Nicks did change up the midfield a lot today, contrary to what others saw
I saw Rachele, Hately, Murphy and even Jones get a roll through there late in the game
Not sure what you were watching but we went with the stock standard crouch, Laird keays set up.
Rachelle got the first bounce in each qtr and a few extra in the last.
Hately Murphy, Jones and schoenberg had a combined 0 CBA, that’s right 0

Not sure what you were watching but we went with the stock standard crouch, Laird keays set up.
Rachelle got the first bounce in each qtr and a few extra in the last.
Hately Murphy, Jones and schoenberg had a combined 0 CBA, that’s right 0
Well I did get some 'life coaching' earlier in the day
Wow 0 for those 4 guys at CBA, it must have been just stoppages I 'saw' them at

Apart from the result, did you enjoy your seats at the ground ?
Any luck with getting your number on your jumper ?
Found a jumper number at inter sport at Ti Tree plaza, only problem it’s not the rounded number, but it will do.
The seats were great for viewing (almost the same position as the coaches but on the Eastern side.
They aren’t quite under the roof shade so I reckon you’d get wet if it was raining and the sun was a bit annoying haha.
About to go away for a few weeks but will be back for the west coast game. So hopefully we improve enough by then to be competitive with the eagles ;)

Well I did get some 'life coaching' earlier in the day
Wow 0 for those 4 guys at CBA, it must have been just stoppages I 'saw' them at
Hately lined up on the wing in the 4th quarter. Was probably our best in the second half. (After an awful 1st half forward)

I still can't work out why he didn't play in the first few rounds. He was great last year and has looked like he belonged since coming back.
Looks to have a bit more explosiveness in him this year, love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to have a bit more explosiveness in him this year, love it.

I mean, I agree he has explosiveness this year, but he had it last year too.

His weaknesses this year are the same as they were last year - not very tall and a substandard kick. But his strengths within the contest were just as clear last year as they have been since he returned.

His weaknesses this year are the same as they were last year - not very tall and a substandard kick. But his strengths within the contest were just as clear last year as they have been since he returned.
Full pre season helps.

He may not be tall, but he is strong overhead & can stand up when being tackled.

Imo, we need to give the likes of Berry, Schoenberg & when he is ready Pedlar significant inside midfield minutes... along with Keays & Laird... with cameos from others.

This gives us better balance to rebuild our midfield & better balance not lacking pace.

I still can't work out why he didn't play in the first few rounds. He was great last year and has looked like he belonged since coming back.

Looked completely out of sorts in the preseason, devoid of confidence. We’re now seeing the benefits of recognizing such and giving him a few games to get his hands on the footy.

Pretty average kick unfortunately, but he makes up for it in a lot of ways. He can jump pretty high and has decent mits on him as well. We've found our next gen inside mid that's for sure.
he‘s a better kick than Laird, crouch and Keays..

not that thats a huge achievement..

Yep replaces crouch permanently.
Awkward for mutineer 😆
I know you're only kidding around but once a player goes on Mutineer's favourites list, it will take years of s**t performances to pry them off of there. He sticks to his guns, for better or worse.

Because Nicks's selection policies reek.

Seems to be of a similar standard to the others.
Berry is a better kick than M.Crouch and Laird who give the ball too much air as he can get himself out of tackle and then is quite quick so has the ability to put a gap between his opponent and deliver the ball low and flat which isn't always accurate but much preferred than those "moon" kicks especially from M.Crouch. At least when Laird does them they result from centre clearance.

Berry is a better kick than M.Crouch and Laird who give the ball too much air as he can get himself out of tackle and then is quite quick so has the ability to put a gap between his opponent and deliver the ball low and flat which isn't always accurate but much preferred than those "moon" kicks especially from M.Crouch. At least when Laird does them they result from centre clearance.
I agree that he's less prone to those high, loopy kicks but he's still not particularly accurate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back