Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Jezza for getting the four walls line in there. Inside my four walls today the mood is a bit flat. As someone (TRS I think) said earlier this is Darwin Award stuff.

We caught the plane with the players last night for our first road trip - plenty of photos to share later in the game thread. My son was on cloud nine having caught up with many of his favourite players (The OX being one..........CFC2010 red card incoming) and to wake up to this news has really wrecked the vibe. My little guy was almost in tears - not only does he really like Sam (seems to have a thing for players I'm not fussed about) , but it's hard to get through a week without bad news lately, or so it seems. It's also a shame that little guys like mine associate our club with drugs - this got him talking about Thomas/Keeffe and even the Swanny article after he retired. Good memory - I'll give him that.

I'm sure the mood will improve as we do a demolition on Freo. Hopefully this just galvanises the group.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sssssss.gif

I’ve said this before in the past, but I find it really unfair that when big name players are busted it’s always covered up with “mental health” or “personal issues” but lesser players get busted.

It also takes away the seriousness of mental health issues which pisses me off too.
No big name players have tested positive on gameday.

Apologies if this has already been asked. If Murray has tested positive for illicit drugs, why is ASADA involved?
I saw somewhere there was clenbuterol detected in the sample. Which I'm guessing would be considered performance enhancing? AND/OR it's that an illicit substance detected on game day is considered a performance enhancer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact is; we have Maynard, Langdon, Appleby, and now Murphy who all play a similar role and have equivalent if not greater experience. Quaynor is also likely to join that group next year. Murray has some tools but is far from irreplaceable, and as of this year we are no longer a basket case club who need to uhm and ahh over a fringe talent.

Life comes at you fast.
Only Maynard provides us with run and carry out of the three you named though.

Though I agree he isn't irreplaceable.

No idea. Been that way for a while though.
So I’m assuming the West Coast premiership in 2006 is currently under investigation. Surely they still have the blood samples.

Not sure, but i reckon the players would've been put on notice after the last incident, why you'd risk one of the best jobs in the world for a quick fix is just mindboggling, to test positive on game day means he must've consumed the drug around 2 days before, that can't be tolerated.

Agree with all that but "the last incident" changed nothing.

Sam has made the stupidest mistake of his life.......…...I sorta feel sorry for him.

Collywood strikes again.

Channel 7 news running with "Sam Murray under ASDA investigation".

Bloody hell. What next for the bloke?!
5aa94998dbf95e4d7c0297c4fdfb2362.jpg

Sent from my CPH1715 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back