Sam Newman incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Toots Hibbert said:
I haven't watched the show as I can't see the point of a show about soccer done by Aussie Rules and League personalities.

Was Sam doing street talk?
Which League? AFL? VFL?

Yeah Sam did Street Talk, and the obvious mention of "Brazilian" came up as you'd expect.

Where's Just Maybe? surely he'll be on here defending the spitter, protesting about how Sam could have killed him with that left jab "blow" to the face, and how the spitter didn't deserve what he got, or could it be that PA isn't involved and he won't get the opportunity to stick the boot into them so he/she won't be interested.:rolleyes:

worthy said:
Where's Just Maybe? surely he'll be on here defending the spitter, protesting about how Sam could have killed him with that left jab "blow" to the face, and how the spitter didn't deserve what he got, or could it be that PA isn't involved and he won't get the opportunity to stick the boot into them so he/she won't be interested.:rolleyes:

Haha... maybe he would claim Sam held back and didn't full on punch the guy and break his nose.

nice bait though... :)

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
It was a wimpish punch alright. Where was your handbag when you needed it Sam?

The whole thing had to have been a publicity set-up. "Hey mate. I'll give you and ya mates free beer if you abuse me and spit in me face".

About as genuine as his hamstring tear. That was all put on for the camera as well :thumbsdown:

The major concern of the whole show was Gary Lyon kissing Billy Brainless :p
Was Sam slaughtered when he punched the guy.

How much grog had Gary and Billy sunk at that point :eek:

Allefgib said:
Haha... maybe he would claim Sam held back and didn't full on punch the guy and break his nose.

nice bait though... :)

His claim would/should be that it wouldn't matter how hard you hit to the face, death could still result, if he didn't want to look stupid that is.;)

I'd say Sam gave it all he's got, the old fella just doesn't have much.:D

reminds me of the time Dermott was at the Shane Warne dinner thing on the footy show about 10 years ago and that drunken idiot was dancing around in front of the camera, dermott wanted to absolutely wipe the floor with him, sam should have wound up and hit the dirty little prick, we dont want ppl like that in our country

Jarryd_S said:
So if someone spat on you, what would you do? Say "Thankyou sir, may I have another?"

Twit.
No,it's not the point.
Newman goes round insulting people continually and thinks he's funny.
I mean do u think "street talk" was really complementary to the germans and brazillians?

i cant believe anyone is defending sam newman. he is one of the most obnoxious people i have ever seen. he is a prick to anybody who has ever been on the footy show, a prick to anyone he is interviewing and is a deviant, provocative alco.

and he is a pussy fighter. newman probly said something racist to him back in melbourne.

and while im on the subject of imbeciles, i must say marmalade and his usually pathetic, uneducated jokes, was extremely prevalent tonight. sack the cast of the footy show. for both codes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sherrinator said:
i cant believe anyone is defending sam newman. he is one of the most obnoxious people i have ever seen. he is a prick to anybody who has ever been on the footy show, a prick to anyone he is interviewing and is a deviant, provocative alco.

and he is a pussy fighter. newman probly said something racist to him back in melbourne.
Is that the same thing as a boxer.

One of the lowest things you could do and even outlawed in some countrys.

The pride his mother must have seeing her son on national TV in another country.

By the way, he didn't spit at him, he spat on him.

little gutless prick deserved to get knocked out cold for spitting on someone who was actually in their doing the right thing, taking photos and sighning autographs, then the little arse hole walks up and abuses him then spits on him, anybody who critisices Sam for this shouldnt be allowed to have any say on anything in the public because they almost look like a bigger f wit then that greasy little prick that will probably embaress all of Australia in front of the whole world

Just saw the 'punch,' if you'd call it that - seemed more like a shove than anything.

The loudmouth, who'd obviously had a few, was right in Sam's face, repeatedly calling him an '********.'

But it didn't look like he spat in Sam's face before the 'punch.'

Sam angrily reacts moments later - it's clear that there's something on his shirt - but even then I'm not sure the same bloke was responsible.

Hmmm...might have to see that again...

Magpiespower said:
Just saw the 'punch,' if you'd call it that - seemed more like a shove than anything.

The loudmouth, who'd obviously had a few, was right in Sam's face, repeatedly calling him an '********.'

But it didn't look like he spat in Sam's face before the 'punch.'

Sam angrily reacts moments later - it's clear that there's something on his shirt - but even then I'm not sure the same bloke was responsible.

Hmmm...might have to see that again...

Point one - He did spit, 99% of people who watched the show saw if, why you didn't we'll never know.
2) - he tried to spit on his face, missed because he was that drunk and it fell onto his shirt, i think thats lucky for him. the last guy to spit in my face ended up very sore when he woke up.

Magpiespower said:
But it didn't look like he spat in Sam's face before the 'punch'....

Magpiespower please change your user name, this is Big Footy.... not wannabe big footy. People are going to think your a Collingwood supporter, I don't think either of us want that do we.

People... Magpiespower is a PORT supporter.
Explains his post doesn't it.

Spitting is disgusting and the guy should get more than a clip. But Sam's segments are purposefully designed to bring out the worst in people for the amusement of the rest of us. So he is no better than the spitter and we are not better for watching that rubbish.

fevola25 said:
While watching Simple Minds mime their songs.

So it wasnt only me then that thought that. At a couple of points in the song he pulled the mic down well away from his mouth without singing, and yet there was still singing from him happening.

romanwfw said:
wish i was in munich right now, chatting up some hot brazilian chick
She was damn lovely!!

Is it just me, or did that little spitting ratface look alot like Joe Pesci (the short bad guy from Home Alone movies) ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back