Game CONGRATS to the 2023 Sam Newman EOTY [Finals Edition] winners: CarLOLton

What was the most embarrassing event of the 2023 finals series?

• Ainters being the only home team to lose W1; one and done despite winning the free kick count again

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am disgusted to annouce that we now have a namesake for the Finals Edition of this otherwise prestigious award: none other than former Geelong ruck and genuine flog John 'Samwell' Newman

Why, you ask because you've been living under a rock? This:

I know, who would have thunk it? I mean it's not like he has any previous history of embarassing behaviour

• Wearing blackface to impersonate legendary Indigenous AFL footballer Nicky Winmar in 1999
  • Having his trousers pulled down by Shane Crawford live on-air in 2001
  • Hitting an unsuspecting David Schwarz with a pie in the face
  • Manhandling and groping a lingerie-clad mannequin with journalist Caroline Wilson's face attached to it in 2008
  • Describing five female directors of AFL clubs as "liars and hypocrites" after they complained about Newman's mannequin skit
  • Describing NFL draftee Michael Sam as "annoyingly gratuitous" in 2014 after the openly homosexual player kissed his boyfriend
  • In 2015, there were questions raised after Newman made remarks about Mitch Clark's depression issues
  • Referring to transgender celebrity Caitlyn Jenner as "he" and "it" in 2017
  • Staging a silent protest and refusing to speak throughout an episode in 2017 after producers refused to allow him to dress up as a woman
  • Ranting about the AFL Commission's decision to publicly support the "yes vote" in the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey
  • Describing the newly elected U.S. President Joe Biden as "mentally *ed and has special needs" on Twitter

newman.jpg

Last edited:
I am disgusted to annouce that we now have a namesake for the Finals Edition of this otherwise prestigious award: none other than former Geelong ruck and genuine flog John 'Samwell' Newman

I know, who would have thunk it? I mean it's not like he has any previous history of embarassing behaviour

• Wearing blackface to impersonate legendary Indigenous AFL footballer Nicky Winmar in 1999 after Winmar did not attend a scheduled appearance on the program[17]
  • Hitting an unsuspecting David Schwarz with a pie in the face during an appearance on The Footy Show, with Schwarz responding by shoving Newman to the ground
  • Manhandling and groping a lingerie-clad mannequin with journalist Caroline Wilson's face attached to it in 2008 in response to the way Wilson was dressed on Footy Classified. Newman was suspended by the Nine Network after the incident
  • Describing five female directors of AFL clubs as "liars and hypocrites" after they complained about Newman's mannequin skit, leading one of those directors, Susan Alberti, to sue the Nine Network for $220,000
  • Describing NFL draftee Michael Sam as "annoyingly gratuitous" in 2014 after the openly homosexual player kissed his boyfriend on live television on being drafted to the NFL
  • In 2015, there were questions raised after Newman made remarks about Mitch Clark's depression issues
  • Staging a silent protest and refusing to speak throughout an episode in 2017 after producers refused to allow him to dress up as a woman in response to two senior AFL executives were exposed as having had affairs with junior staffers
  • Ranting about the AFL Commission's decision to publicly support the "yes vote" in the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey, which would pave the way for legalising same-sex marriage
  • Describing the newly elected U.S. President Joe Biden as "mentally ******ed and has special needs" on Twitter

View attachment 1810024

Lock the campaigner up.

• Wearing blackface to impersonate legendary Indigenous AFL footballer Nicky Winmar in 1999
  • Hitting an unsuspecting David Schwarz with a pie in the face
  • Manhandling and groping a lingerie-clad mannequin with journalist Caroline Wilson's face attached to it in 2008
  • Describing five female directors of AFL clubs as "liars and hypocrites" after they complained about Newman's mannequin skit
  • Describing NFL draftee Michael Sam as "annoyingly gratuitous" in 2014 after the openly homosexual player kissed his boyfriend
  • Staging a silent protest and refusing to speak throughout an episode in 2017 after producers refused to allow him to dress up as a woman
  • Ranting about the AFL Commission's decision to publicly support the "yes vote" in the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey
  • Describing the newly elected U.S. President Joe Biden as "mentally ******ed and has special needs" on Twitter

View attachment 1810024

What was he wrong about?

Couldn’t really say anyone embarrassed themselves today - except people like sthmelb_dimmies who went early with their GF predictions - but this is the Bay, so:

:$ The Orange team for their goalless first quarter and allowing the Pies to defend a 1 point lead for 10 minutes

:$ Flagpies for their goalless hour and kicking more behinds than goals

Look forward to a more embarrassing game tomorrow :)

Dinsdale zackah please remove the pole thx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:$ CarLOLton for choking 5 goal lead, giving up 10 goals to 1, Curnow & McKay 1 goal/game - exposed as pretenders once again

:$ Bears for letting Carltank kick the first 5 and only winning by 16, scoring more behinds than goals thanks to Cameron 1.3

Pole will go up when Dinsdale removes the old one

I nominate Craig McRae's daughter this joke

Back