Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm still here wondering which of Roo's 2 brownlow wins was better?

Or was it Vossy's 2 brownlows? Which was it Rucci you epic quizmaster????

#chieffootballwriter
#crayons

81% of people, according to the poll on AFL.com.au from 30,000 votes.

But anyone can vote on the AFL poll. Supporters from all clubs.

The poll on our board would be more accurate as we can see who voted, and determine if they are Crows supporters or not.

And strangely it is a completely different result....

Who would have thought?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet it's the Italian team of the Century award that burns Rucci the most when he's researching Roo's CV for a story.

Haha, "research".

Haha, "Rooch". Hi, you gimp!

I wonder how much losing VB as a leader on field affected our lack of direction in games this year
I personally believe not much at all.

We were equally as shit last year when Van Berlo was playing and at the time it looked like our main leader wasn't doing any leading on the field and instead leaving it to the likes of Danagerfield and Sloane.

Now one could argue that taking on that extra pressure brought Dangerfield down a bit (wouldn't say the same for Sloane as he was equally as good as last year pretty much imo). So possibly individually to Dangerfield, but as a team, I don't believe so at all.

Obviously he's got plenty of support from the players group from what everyone has said on here, but as a spectator, he hasn't been someone that appears to be a strong leader on the field that's going to to inspire the player (although I could see him being a thinker that might help calm others/make sure they're in the right positions).

I still have big doubts on what Van Berlo has to add to our best 22 as I don't think he's cut out to be a tagger from what we saw in 2012. I am however interested in seeing how he could go across half back possibly. Has the brains to play the position well and I could see him putting his body on the line/leaving his man to help a contest but outside of that, I'm not sure where he really fits in this side.

On another note, I'd like to see us look at the likes of McLeod and Tredrea in some sort of roles at the club. Whether it be development coaches or mentoring roles, they both appear to have strong footy smarts, plenty of leadership and have mentored guys in the past. Now they mightn't wish to be assistant coaches or full time coaches but I think we need more guys helping individual players improving their game as we've got plenty of talent that doesn't appear to really be getting that much better, these guys would be handy to have around the club at any capacity to help improve some individuals at our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back