10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
The sad truth is that Jacobs is cooked.

He's been demolished by the new breed of athletic ruckmen all year.

Gawn, Grundy, Ryder, Essendon's ruck whose name escapes me atm all put him to the sword.

Jacobs is instrumental in our losses.

Thanks for the memories.

Time to go after Scott Lycett. SA lad and free agent. West Coast have Nic Nat and can let him go.

The game has moved past Jacobs. Time to move on.

502648_41eb9162975a17dab960bfab3dc6e2ff.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure Lycett is the Answer, but we would be mad at this point to keep Sauce. More cooked than the old man's BBQ onion.

Jacobs is the rucking equivalent of what Thommo was in his last two years. We might as well have 17 on the field.

I agree. Like quite a few others, he had his chances the last 2 years.

If we don’t rate ROB, we desperately need to pinch one from somewhere, and Lycett seems a logical target.
I thought ROB was ok yesterday against West. Would be good to see him get a few more opportunities this year

I agree. Like quite a few others, he had his chances the last 2 years.

If we don’t rate ROB, we desperately need to pinch one from somewhere, and Lycett seems a logical target.
He's an inexperienced version of Sauce. Big, lumbering tap ruckman.

The game demands athletic ruckmen who can actually contribute now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing with Lycett is if they lose Gaff and somehow lose McGovern, I doubt they'd want another talent walking out the door. They've got Vardy and Fraser McInnes can pitch hit, but that's not much depth at all.

I hope that Operation: Get Lycett is merely a disinformation vehicle, like Operation Mincemeat (look it up) whilst we conduct our top-secret Operation: Repatriate Grundy
It's a stop gap, not a long-term solution, but they seem unwilling to give ROB a serious shot, so who else could they grab?

I hate to say anything bad against Jacobs because he has been a great player for us but I think his time is coming to an end quick. He has been thrashed numerous times this year and today by far was the worse.

He looked like he put up the white flag early in the game and said to himself I can't beat Gawn. He didn't bother to try and get in front of him and really like all year wasn't prepared to put his body on the line.

He had zero possessions in the first half last week and three in the first half today. He won't jump at the ruck and I can't see what benefit any more he is to the side. We must be looking for another ruckman to either help him or replace him.

I hope that Operation: Get Lycett is merely a disinformation vehicle, like Operation Mincemeat (look it up) whilst we conduct our top-secret Operation: Repatriate Grundy
Grundy is obviously the one but he's contracted for years. We can't wait that long

Remove this Banner Ad

Back