MRP / Trib. Schofield squirts his way out of trouble, free to play

Remove this Banner Ad

How can Selwood get off but Schoey get done?

Farce, absolute farce, I hope we line that ranga campaigner up and properly hurt him next time, piss weak dog of a player.

Soft soft MRP have they never played the game ..

Oliver wins Best Actor for that performance..

Makes it more infuriating that the MRP is made up of Jimmy Bartel, Michael Jamison, Jason Johnson, Nathan Burke and Michael Christian. Surely they would know that Oliver was staging.

Have to challenge... just have to

www.GIFCreator.me_9HBqpz.gif

I would love the club to appeal it.

Not that I think we'd win necessarily, but just to see a club appointed official stand up at the tribunal and accuse Oliver of staging.

We can afford to lose Schofield for a few weeks so I'm not irked by losing. It wouldn't be good community work though so the club will never go for it.

And force Melbourne to state their medical report & Oliver to testify. He's already admitted he fell over due to being scared.

If we don't appeal it is just another example of us being weak as a club since 2007.

Stupid!!! if anything Oliver should be fined for the following:

1. Is a ginger with no soul
2. Isn't the AFL trying to crack on players that are acting and diving?!?!?

We need to relocate to Melbourne, change our name to East Coast Eagles and pretend we are a Victorian club. There is no future here in WA if we want to be on the same level playing field the Victorian clubs are afforded, how many Premierships from clubs not on the east coast for 10 years now ? = 0. Its getting harder and harder to watch AFL now with this total bias to clubs handed top 10 picks year after year and Victorian based clubs getting handed 16+ home games a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Challenge! I want another Q Lynch, Luke Shuey, Chris Masten "Night at the Tribunal" thread, they're always great.
No reason not to. Houli's made sure the tribunal will sit regardless.

How can Selwood get off but Schoey get done?
Not a 'superstar'. Have a look at the list of bloke reported and fined last week; all big names of the competition. This week? Easy to take shots at the bearded bloke from Richmond and that fourth-string tall defender at West Coast.

I have zero issue with Viney getting nothing, that's just good hard footy as it should be played. Happy the MRP didn't freak out because there was a big hit, his eyes never moved from the ball, those sort of plays should stay in the game.

But show the two incidents to any man and his dog and tell them one was worth a 2 week suspension, I highly highly doubt anyone is picking the Schofield incident.

You don't think this entire incident is embarrassing as hell and Melbourne want an out? Garry Lyon came out against it ffs. There's a reason the only people you're seeing defend it are Melbourne supporters.

As above, I have no issue with Viney getting off, fair albeit massive hit, but you don't think we could have buried him with medical evidence if we wanted to? Hurn didn't train today, Oliver laughed it off on twitter.

Both deserve time IMO.

A week at most, or a fine for Schoey for intent - if he had have actually connected he could have done some serious damage.

A week or two for Oliver for staging and inciting a melee.

serious damage? Schoey was pushing him away, with no force! wouldnt knock a butterfly off a flower!

You don't think this entire incident is embarrassing as hell and Melbourne want an out? Garry Lyon came out against it ffs. There's a reason the only people you're seeing defend it are Melbourne supporters.

As above, I have no issue with Viney getting off, fair albeit massive hit, but you don't think we could have buried him with medical evidence if we wanted to? Hurn didn't train today, Oliver laughed it off on twitter.
You think Oliver looks better with Schofield getting a week, rather than if he got off?

You think Oliver looks better with Schofield getting a week, rather than if he got off?
Unreservedly yes, because now the argument becomes "how could Oliver have taken a dive when Schofield got cited for striking".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back