Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 5 - The stroll out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's disappointing that Jacquie Lambie has gone harder over Porter's blind trust than Albanese. She described it as a brown paper bag job. Albo should be saying quite loudly that the money could be from the Chinese government, organised crime, Russian hackers etc. If Porter doesn't know who put the money in, how could he possibly reject the possibility?
Albo cant go too hard given the ALPs record recently reinforced by KK taking donations from a foreign propaganda organisation. Greens and some independents are the only ones with nothing to hide.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Albo cant go too hard given the ALPs record recently reinforced by KK taking donations from a foreign propaganda organisation. Greens and some independents are the only ones with nothing to hide.

That stuff is chicken feed and Albo has been proactive in doing his part to deal with it.

Last edited:

Two posts to 'but Laybah'. Need to be quicker next time.

And this;

Could you provide some details on this. How much was provided and by what mechanism?

As you are linking it to the Porter trust fund scandal I assume you are saying Keneally deliberately tried to mislead Parliament about this donation or refused to detail the names of the donors?

I would be very interested to know more.

It is pretty clear that the Labor strategy is to save everything for one massive assault at election time.

Morrison gets oxygen from the day to day fight. You can see it in question time he opens every rant with "those opposite" blah blah. Morrison does not have anything of substance to say, so Labor are better off not giving him the petty fights he wants.

It would seem to me that Labor are positioning themselves as the adults in the room and will save all of Morrison's many screw ups for the election.

Morrison is going to get savaged. No one is listening to his bullshit anymore, everyone knows it is exactly that - bullshit.

The only thing Labor has to overcome is Murdoch and "but Labor".

I live in Higgins and almost every single person I know is dyed in the wool Liberal, and every single one of them thinks Morrison is - and I quote - "a complete *******".

all they need to do...

plenty of s**t goes down in green branch-land

but ultmately the offences are minor.

Unfortunately "bothsidesm" is not scalable and a false equivalency will be drawn by the media....
(million dollar anonymous donation is the same as someone misusing a photocopier and a electoral postage allowance for a student union election campaign)

Could you provide some details on this. How much was provided and by what mechanism?

As you are linking it to the Porter trust fund scandal I assume you are saying Keneally deliberately tried to mislead Parliament about this donation or refused to detail the names of the donors?

yep, put up or...

Yep, Labor just have to sit back and wait until the LNP implodes at this point.

The thing that concerns me is the narrowness of Oz election outcomes.

All it would take is for something to go wrong at a number of Labor leaning polling booths in a dozen marginal seats and, we are Hungary/Belarus.

Does Morrison fancy himself a Lukashenko?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, we say that, but the Liberals did implode before the 2019 election and we know what happened.

The same sort of instability as 2010-13 Labor Party but without the consequences.

Morrison ran without a record in 2019.

Labor ran with an enormous change agenda and a raft of policies that were misrepresented.

they were treated like a government and Morrison as a fresh face.

I didnt say they were the same and have previously ridiculed this blind trust travesty. Just gave one recent example of the ALP's own problems in response to a question about why Albo was being so weak. I could have listed the issues in Vic or more historic ones- the point is whilst the ALP is not as bad as the LNP currently, they are far from clean and only the greens and independents like Lambie can be trusted.

the point is whilst the ALP is not as bad as the LNP currently, they are far from clean and only the greens and independents like Lambie can be trusted.

Trusted on what - donations or behaviour in general?

Frankly there are very few career politicians I would 'trust' and when it comes to minor parties like the Greens the corruption and lack of integrity is generally glossed over or regarded to be on a lower scale simply because they have no chance of forming government and regarded as a non threatening sideshow of loosely connected misfits gathered around a single issue thus escaping serious scrutiny from the media.

Scratch below the surface and you find The Greens have more than their fair share of scurrilous incidents of hypocrisy and poor behaviour including claims of sexual assault, misogyny and lack of accountability, despite the holier than thou air that their current national leader tries to suggest.

Not forgetting Bob Brown's arrogant and idiotic behaviour in the last Federal election is widely recognised as one of the key factors delivering government to Morrison.

Nope - wouldn't trust the Greens on anything that actually mattered.

And Lambie? Give me a break.

There is a reason why we should demand a higher level of accountability and transparency from government MPs (especially Ministers) in comparison to the opposition or minor parties and independents, and it has nothing to do with party politics. And that is because their position of power as government representatives means their behaviours have an immediate impact via legislation and protocols on our community and for the standard of government into the future.

It is why the 'whataboutism' argument you and others peddle is simply disingenuous.

Edit: But I will agree with you on one point. And that is despite the downward spiral of standards we have seen under the Morrison government, I truly doubt that an Albanese led opposition presents a credible alternative to those whose votes need to shift away from the LNP at the next Federal election to see a change in Government. And more to the point, I reckon Morrison and his government thinks that as well - hence the blatant disregard for public accountability and established standards and protocols as evidenced by the Porter donations affair.

Last edited:
Just been listening to investigative reporter Kate McClymont (total hero) on ABC Sydney detailing the extraordinary criminal corruption of former Labor politician Eddie Obeid. Breathtaking.

And of course the only reason he is in the poop is all because of ICAC.

And schitte-for-brains Morrison can't score killer points against Labor on it because he spent all last week urinating on ICAC.

Frankly there are very few career politicians I would 'trust' and when it comes to minor parties like the Greens the corruption and lack of integrity is generally glossed over or regarded to be on a lower scale simply because they have no chance of forming government and regarded as a non threatening sideshow of loosely connected misfits gathered around a single issue thus escaping serious scrutiny from the media.

Scratch below the surface and you find The Greens have more than their fair share of scurrilous incidents of hypocrisy and poor behaviour including claims of sexual assault, misogyny and lack of accountability, despite the holier than thou air that their current national leader tries to suggest.
Saying the only party that stands on a platform of cleaning up corruption, serious donations reform, and proposes the toughest federal ICAC of any party is "just as bad as the others; they just haven't been corrupted by power yet" is lazy horseschitte unless you can provide proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back