Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a lot of speculation a while back as to when he would hand back the captaincy.

That talk seems to have gone quiet. Early days but I reckon it should be his job again next year.

I reckon they should wait for Selwood to hand the captaincy over and then get Pendlebury to hold onto it.

There was so much carry on about Selwood and the captaincy record and how no one would likely catch it. Pendles could have him in a year or two 😂

That said there has been evidence of Darcy Moore going on On The Couch and even doing the pre-gane huddle. I think he's the next man, the transition has already started.

Watching some highlights on YouTube. How good was 2010!? Smashing the Cats in the prelim and Pendles kicked 2 goals in the first quarter. Collingwood chant halfway through the 2nd quarter 😍
They’ll work something out here. Pendlebury. Bang. Goal. 4 years of Geelong‘s dominance being brutally dismantled that night. They had no idea what hit them in that first quarter.

One of the best halves of football I've witnessed in 50+.

THRASHED THEM SENSLESS!
It was destiny.
Leigh Brown’s dog leg trick bounce goal was proof.
I rarely get sloshed at the Footy…I was gone by halftime…was beered out by 3 quarter time…last quarter was rum & cokes or something.
Started the day at Young & Jackson’s, finished in the Duke of Wellington.
Twas a day to remember…

It was destiny.
Leigh Brown’s dog leg trick bounce goal was proof.
I rarely get sloshed at the Footy…I was gone by halftime…was beered out by 3 quarter time…last quarter was rum & cokes or something.
Started the day at Young & Jackson’s, finished in the Duke of Wellington.
Twas a day to remember…
Wasn't as good a day and night as the '90GF but it came close.

Swanny has summed it up perfectly really. It has been a treat to watch this guy operate at such a high level every year. I think he has deserved an extra 2-3 AAs if not for the natural anti-pies lens of the regime, and would love to have seen him with a Brownlow. Plenty more good footy to come even if the peak has passed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 5 in the national draft,we opted for Scott Pendlebury.
Do you guys think we made the right choice here or was it yet ANOTHER recruiting blunder we will be sorry for in years to come??
In my own humble opinion,I would have taken Ryder :(
i think we could of picked Scott up at 120 nobody would have picked him up Before than we shown what we can pick in the draft before there all gone since mick being there i think we have blown it im happy with dale thomas and ryan cook i think we should have done better with 5th pick i don't known much about the other boys has any bobdy know about the others
After watching scotty on the w/e for willy in the prelim, i struggle to see how he got best for the seagulls.

He doesnt seem to have the natural ability of a bloke that should be taken at pick 5, and whenever he gets the pill, he is totally lost with it.

I will say he does find it well, but when he gets it he doesnt run hard and he just has no idea what he should do with it!!!

what are our thoughts on scotty?
Iam a bit of a naysayer as well...I dont think he has any penetration in his kicking...Danny Nicholls left foot hurt Geelong more the other week, and he cant run the lines with any degree of authority. Reserve full judgement until end of next pre-season so see if his 'tank' has improved. He sure has not showed the evasivness/skill/poise of Dal Santo at the same age.

One thing for sure we over-priced ourselves by picking him at 5....Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Some great reminders that we should never write off youngsters early.

On Fox last night they showed a post draft interview with him.
He said he’d been likened to Nick Dal Santo.
Said he’d be happy if he was half as good as him ✅

Some great reminders that we should never write off youngsters early.
Last seen 2012
Last seen 2012 1 post, the one you quoted
Last seen 2008
Last seen 2020, at least he /she hung around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back