SEASON 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so tigers99 tell us wot division 1 will look like?
All SEFNL in division 1 with 2 yarra teams joining is on the cards.

No Avenel Longwood imagine Kinglake to Longwood nah.
Still say the best solution is a workable management between EFL and YVMDFA would be in the best interest, especially with the new clubs entering the competition. Yes I also concur with the YVMDFL management with a separate hill comp, this could well achievable with the inclusion's of say Chirnside and or Coldstream. Reading the articles from the current SESNFL clubs is that YVMDFL Netball arrangements are far better coordinated than EFL so if EFL were to streamline netball perhaps we could see a more inclusive comp
Why is the best solution not maybe continuing the league as is? is this league in peril? Some
Teams will struggle such as eildon ect no matter what happens

Trying to accomodate clubs like Bonnie Doon IMO is a waste of time.

I think targeting colstream, Chirnside Park, mt lilydale is a great idea. They are logistically close ect.

Last edited:
Do not bullshit me with thinking this is a good idea. Local plays local and you become friends with these blokes for along time and may even end up coaching with them.
If the valley cave to this it's the death nail to warby, powelltown,Belgrave,gembrooke, emerald.

Do not bullshit me with thinking this is a good idea. Local plays local and you become friends with these blokes for along time and may even end up coaching with them.
If the valley cave to this it's the death nail to warby, powelltown,Belgrave,gembrooke, emerald.

AFL Victoria fixed up the Swanpool and Tatong football/netball clubs. Then they fixed up the Alberton league. Now they’re going to fix up the Yarra Valley.

But seriously, Doveton is 0-10 this season and would surely have to be in second division. They’ll probably end up with something like this:

Premier division

Narre Warren
Berwick
Beaconsfield
Officer
Pakenham
Olinda-Ferny Creek
Woori Yallock
Upwey-Tecoma
Wandin
Healesville

Second division

Doveton
Mount Evelyn
Monbulk
Emerald
Belgrave
Warburton-Millgrove
Seville
Gembrook

Northern division

Yarra Junction
Yea
Alexandra
Powelltown
Kinglake
Thornton-Eildon
Yarra Glen
...plus any other clubs they can persuade to join

I know where I’d be going if I was Wandin or Mount Evelyn. The EFL is expanding to 5 divisions next year. Except its netball is not an appealing comp. Who would have thought when the YVMD started netball 13 years ago that it would become such an important factor in clubs joining/leaving the league. You’re right about one thing though. If that northern division doesn’t get off the ground then it doesn’t look too good for the futures of clubs like Junction and Powelltown.

AFL Victoria fixed up the Swanpool and Tatong football/netball clubs. Then they fixed up the Alberton league. Now they’re going to fix up the Yarra Valley.

But seriously, Doveton is 0-10 this season and would surely have to be in second division. They’ll probably end up with something like this:

Premier division

Narre Warren
Berwick
Beaconsfield
Officer
Pakenham
Olinda-Ferny Creek
Woori Yallock
Upwey-Tecoma
Wandin
Healesville

Second division

Doveton
Mount Evelyn
Monbulk
Emerald
Belgrave
Warburton-Millgrove
Seville
Gembrook

Northern division

Yarra Junction
Yea
Alexandra
Powelltown
Kinglake
Thornton-Eildon
Yarra Glen

I know where I’d be going if I was Wandin or Mount Evelyn. The EFL is expanding to 5 divisions next year. Except its netball is not an appealing comp. Who would have thought when the YVMD started netball 13 years ago that it would become such an important factor in clubs joining/leaving the league. You’re right about one thing though. If that northern division doesn’t get off the ground then it doesn’t look too good for the futures of clubs like Junction and Powelltown.
What’s broken? Why do they need to introduce these clubs. Just cause their league fell apart.

What’s broken? Why do they need to introduce these clubs. Just cause their league fell apart.

Erm...I was being sarcastic about them fixing things. Swanpool and Tatong had football/netball clubs that were keen to continue in the Ovens and King FL even though their senior footy teams regularly lost by big margins. AFL Victoria fixed things so that now no football or netball is played in either town. And the Alberton league is down to 6 clubs and is on the verge of collapse after the recent Gippsland restructure that saw the formation of the West Gippsland league.

In answer to your question, they have been having trouble fitting these SE clubs into a viable league for 20 years or more. They tried them in the La Trobe Valley, they tried them in the Mornington Peninsula. Now they're going to try and fit them into our league. It might end up working OK or it might be a disaster for the YV. We'll just have to see how it works out. I'd be surprised if the SE clubs don't win most of the premier division premierships though. They are pretty strong clubs down there.

Erm...I was being sarcastic about them fixing things. Swanpool and Tatong had football/netball clubs that were keen to continue in the Ovens and King FL even though their senior footy teams regularly lost by big margins. AFL Victoria fixed things so that now no football or netball is played in either town. And the Alberton league is down to 6 clubs and is on the verge of collapse after the recent Gippsland restructure that saw the formation of the West Gippsland league.

In answer to your question, they have been having trouble fitting these SE clubs into a viable league for 20 years or more. They tried them in the La Trobe Valley, they tried them in the Mornington Peninsula. Now they're going to try and fit them into our league. It might end up working OK or it might be a disaster for the YV. We'll just have to see how it works out. I'd be surprised if the SE clubs don't win most of the premier division premierships though. They are pretty strong clubs down there.
Sorry had no idea about what happened at those other clubs or leagues.

Not sure why these clubs aren’t thrown into the EFL they’ll all find their level eventually.

These clubs just are on a different level of potential as some of these small country towns

What’s the situation with the Monbulk v Healesville game? Was it a goal umpire error?

What’s the deal with under 18s next year? Will they play the same teams as seniors? Is it staying under 18 or going 19s.

If the under 18s keep their current comp you can see the serious challenges for clubs in terms of trainers, helpers and players.

Premier division

Narre Warren
Berwick
Beaconsfield
Officer
Pakenham
Olinda-Ferny Creek
Woori Yallock
Upwey-Tecoma
Wandin
Healesville

Second division

Doveton
Mount Evelyn
Monbulk
Emerald
Belgrave
Warburton-Millgrove
Seville
Gembrook

Northern division

Yarra Junction
Yea
Alexandra
Powelltown
Kinglake
Thornton-Eildon
Yarra Glen

And tried to fix up Picola league earlier this year and made a massive mess.

And tried to fix up Picola league earlier this year and made a massive mess.
Problem is, you don’t really get a choice with AFL vic. It’s “hey everyone, give us your thoughts on this. We aren’t going to take them into account, but give them anyway”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KDFL would be there likely choice.

Surely it couldnt be in the current KDFL format? Already 14 teams, draw as uneven as one could be unless they did go 16 teams and play 15 games playing each other once.
Few over that way already waiting to see what AFL Goulburn Murray may do.

For a long time I'd banged on about an area of football which roughly encompasses our local cricket and junior footy boundaries and the Hume corridor but she never grew legs.
Thornton/Eildon, Bonnie Doon, Alexandra, Yea, Violet Town, Longwood, Avenel, Broadford even Nagambie and/or Kilmore could've worked as the bulk of us either do it with Sunday kids footy and/or cricket over the summer.
Euroa or Seymour DFL, use their GV ground for GF day etc. Constant opponents summer/winter as our kids develop, form friendships etc like what local sport used to be like hey ... whislt it's always been a "what if" or "how would it look" I doubt she'd ever seriously eventuate.

Last edited:
That would work well...something must be done up that way.

Wont happen journeyman, just some wishful thinking a long while ago and to be fair to all those clubs no one has ever truly generated a whip around call of interest amongst themselves to test the "what if" waters ...

I can't understand why AFL Vic don't get more involved in the SE growth corridor and establish more clubs. The population is certainly there. The entire population of the Yarra Ranges first division clubs is about the same as Berwick.
Why come to Yarra Ranges and 'fix up' what isn't broken?

Surely it couldnt be in the current KDFL format? Already 14 teams, draw as uneven as one could be unless they did go 16 teams and play 15 games playing each other once.
Few over that way already waiting to see what AFL Goulburn Murray may do.

For a long time I'd banged on about an area of football which roughly encompasses our local cricket and junior footy boundaries and the Hume corridor but she never grew legs.
Thornton/Eildon, Bonnie Doon, Alexandra, Yea, Violet Town, Longwood, Avenel, Broadford even Nagambie and/or Kilmore could've worked as the bulk of us either do it with Sunday kids footy and/or cricket over the summer.
Euroa or Seymour DFL, use their GV ground for GF day etc. Constant opponents summer/winter as our kids develop, form friendships etc like what local sport used to be like hey ... whislt it's always been a "what if" or "how would it look" I doubt she'd ever seriously eventuate.

Common sense solution doon! Sadly afl Vic lacks common sense so probably won’t happen ...might have saved tatong swan pool devenish etc

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has anyone else realised that we have our bye on the weekend of the 14th of July yet a quick whip around of the other country leagues show that they have a bye scheduled for this coming weekend to conincide with the state representative game on Sunday in Ballarat. How can this oversight occur at league HQ when the whole point of the bye is to prevent players from having to miss club games to participate in representative footy??

Last edited:
How many of our players are playing though?

Don't forget the bye is also to create a gap in the D1 and D2 fixtures.
The kid from Wandin is playing.
Creating the gap between D1 and D2 is irrelevant as to the date. The bye was created to avoid exactly what is happening, hence the record stating in bold letters “Vic Country Vs VAFA” under the date 14/7/2018 in the fixture. What are they doing in there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back