Official Match Thread Season 22 Round 1 - Fighting Furies v Gold City Royals @ Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

We can discuss perpetual mediocrity if you want
splash_crest.png
Perpetual????
41 Major trophies at last count!

Just done some research...

HF: sausageroll (262), RodneyDangerfield (54), Michaels (17)
F: footy_fumbler (139), Tarkyn_24 (289), Equus (213)

Our forward line has an average of 162.3 games experience. This isn't the glamour of the midfield, this is the lesser glorified forward line we're talking about. Not to mention three former club captains and a plethora of premierships.

It's almost unfair how much talent this Furies team has. I apologise in advance for the destruction we're about to wreck on the Royals.

You're the Port fan who tries to count SANFL premierships
Please! Are you one of these flogs who reckon football started in 1992 (MU) or 2005 (Chelsea).
Waste of time so I'll go with Furies 5 premierships Royals ?

Point taken, but at least I've seen my team regularly involved in and winning finals. You and TIA must have forgotten what that feels like.

have you ever seen any of the 4 teams in your avatar win anything?

second place is just the first loser

Just done some research...

HF: sausageroll (262), RodneyDangerfield (54), Michaels (17)
F: footy_fumbler (139), Tarkyn_24 (289), Equus (213)

Our forward line has an average of 162.3 games experience. This isn't the glamour of the midfield, this is the lesser glorified forward line we're talking about. Not to mention three former club captains and a plethora of premierships.

It's almost unfair how much talent this Furies team has. I apologise in advance for the destruction we're about to wreck on the Royals.

I'm just honored I can learn the craft from some experienced legends of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have you ever seen any of the 4 teams in your avatar win anything?

second place is just the first loser

Did it ever occur to you that while winning trophies is great, that there is much more to supporting a club than that?

I still have plenty of great memories from my time following each of my clubs.

And second place is better than ninth.

WvwheEs.jpg

Official Team Sheet - Round 1 Fighting Furies:

B: tigland , _Cayz_, Coxy_

HB: flaps, tgrs, joelsyt
C: Nuffers, akkaps, Helen Wheels
HF: sausageroll, RodneyDangerfield, Michaels
F: footy_fumbler, Tarkyn_24, Equus
R: Shadow Man, This Is Anfield, Sterge

INT: Grockadoc, Gentlemen

Also team - you may notice that we have a new logo. I have been working with Sterge and Gentlemen to refresh our image a bit and have created a new logo and headers for our team. Gentlemen will get the team thread updated in due course.
Half back really? Bugger, won't be matching my pre-season career haul of 6 goals. :(

However looking at that forwards group, they will definitely have no trouble kicking the royals out of the game! Go furies.

Hehehe, my first match for Gold City and I'm matched up against TiA.

There is a god :)

Hey buddy sorry it took me 47 pages to get back to you......................

Wait it wasn't you after all * Off.

Did it ever occur to you that while winning trophies is great, that there is much more to supporting a club than that?

I still have plenty of great memories from my time following each of my clubs.

And second place is better than ninth.

makes fun of Richmond for not winning....then says there is more to sports than winning :rolleyes:

Point taken, but at least I've seen my team regularly involved in and winning finals. You and TIA must have forgotten what that feels like.
No. I remember 67, 69, 73, 74 & 80 quite clearly from a Richmond perspective, still in Liverpool in 1966, sorry.
I also remember 63/64, 64/65, 65/66, 72/73 (2 trophies), 73/74, 75/76 (2), 76/77 (2), 77/78, 78/79, 79/80, 80/81 (2), 81/82 (2), 82/83 (2), 83/84 (3!!), 85/86 (2), 87/88, 88/89, 89/90, 91/92, 94/95, 2000/01 (3!!!), 02/03, 04/05, 05/06 & 11/12 quite clearly from a Liverpool perspective.
Boys, this is NOT a stick to try and beat me with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back