Official Match Thread Season 24, Round 14 - Las Vegas Bears vs Gumbies FFC at The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

397254_4f8e9f2e4004ef6206cd2f646434ccf3.png

vs

90090932.png

The Bears have a chance to deliver a massive blow to the finals hopes of the Gumbies in a must win clash for both sides.

Outlook

This is where things start to get serious. 1 win in their last 5 games have derailed a season that started with such promise for the recently rebranded Gumbies. The equation gets simpler for them as the end of the season draws closer however, win, and stay in touch, lose, and be 3 games out of the 8 with 3 games to play. If the Gumbies want their fate to stay in their hands they simply must fire now and fire quickly. It will be a huge challenge for a team that has been bereft of heart for seasons now, and turncoats Noobz0r and Golumless will have their work cut out for them to show that jumping ship to Geelong was a good move.

For the Bears on the other hand, it’s a bit easier. A win for them is crucial to stay in touch with the rampaging roys, who they are above only on percentage. As it goes, the bears are actually a fantastic attacking team, racking up the second highest amount of points in the league, and as such, have the best percentage in the league which sets them up for a tantalizing end to the season which could still potentially yield a top 4 spot.

What will be key for both teams is to stop the horse Hockey. This is no longer a game and plans will have to be adhered to in order for either team to fetch the win.

FORM

Las Vegas Bears

8th Place

WWLWW

Gold City Royals 15.6 (96) lost to Las Vegas Bears 16.13 (109)

Gumbies FFC

10th Place

WLLDL

Gumbies FFC 13.6 (84) lost to West Coast Wonders 15.12 (102)

Players to Watch:

Noobz0r: The Sweet FA’s answer to Jake Stringer will be keen to continue to lead from the front.

Golumless: Temperature won’t be the biggest aberration Golly observes this year, with his Wolves predicted to plummet to new lows this week.

Doctor Gero: Won’t take no Horse Hockey anymore and is ready to come out firing for his beloved bears to keep their season rolling along.

Some Stats to Note:
The gumbies are the most mark heavy team in the league, taking on average, 0.45 more marks per possession than any other team in the comp. This possession centric game plan has died down in the past few weeks, with the Gumbies running at a -0.25 mark differential per possession compared to previous weeks. This deficiency in their game plan needs to rectified if they are to win this week.

The Las Vegas Bears have been absolutely firing of late and the reason for this might lie in their supplements regime. In the last 5 weeks the Bears have increased their orders for pure, fresh, Mount Franklin water by a factor of 2 which seems to have directly correlated with their surge in form.

My Prediction:

The Gumbies will turn their fortunes around and keep in touch with the top 8 by defeating their direct competitors. 4 captains will retire at the end of the season.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR TEAMSHEETS AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME AS MANDATED BY LEAGUE ADMIN AND s**t BLOKE HATE.

Golumless: Temperature won’t be the biggest aberration Golly observes this year, with his Wolves predicted to plummet to new lows this week.

Vicious, but i'll pay that.

I can't help but notice that our drop in form has coincided with Bucketss going AWOL. Come back man, we need you :(

I'm awake! What did i miss? Oh....

I was hoping you all would be fine without me but clearly I was mistaken. Not to worry Gumbies, we can still make something of this season and no better time than the present to walk over the LV - not scary at all - Bears.

In the last 5 weeks the Bears have increased their orders for pure, fresh, Mount Franklin water by a factor of 2 which seems to have directly correlated with their surge in form.
I swear that's just to water our ephedra plants!

The Las Vegas Bears have been absolutely firing of late and the reason for this might lie in their supplements regime. In the last 5 weeks the Bears have increased their orders for pure, fresh, Mount Franklin water by a factor of 2 which seems to have directly correlated with their surge in form.

Two bottles of water for the whole team instead of the usual one. Alcohol and drug order has increased by a factor of 20

I'm awake! What did i miss? Oh....

I was hoping you all would be fine without me but clearly I was mistaken. Not to worry Gumbies, we can still make something of this season and no better time than the present to walk over the LV - not scary at all - Bears.

We need all hands on deck if we want to be playing finals. Let us push for glory!

You'll need more than Bucketss to contain what we'll be dishing out on Sunday.

Our complementary Stadium in the Sky Caipirinhas!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd in total hitouts, including 20 last game. 18th best player in the league based on DT points for the season.

You?
Expecting up to date stat attacks.
You'll learn, novice.

2nd in total hitouts, including 20 last game. 18th best player in the league based on DT points for the season.

You?
Record times in 84 out of the 87 eating challenges in the City of Las Vegas.

Fantastic.

I'm currently 10 hitouts behind Kohphi, and I haven't hit a proper 100 in a while.

Getting those Vitalstatistix up will be just one of many factors behind the Gumby push to the finals!

I'd just be happy to be on the field for half the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back