Official Match Thread SEASON 24 SFA GRAND FINAL: East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at SFA Park

Who wins the Season 24 Grand Final?

• East Side Hawks

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Baghdad Bombers

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • The Boy's Club

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • The Gentleman's Club

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • #NoDickheads

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Chris Judd

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • The Ghost of Hoooops

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Big Dance

That One Day in December.

A contest that both teams need to win, and neither team can afford to lose.

This is the SFA Grand Final for Season 24.

SFA BG.png
Possibly the single most venomous rivalry in recent seasons will have a new chapter written this weekend, as the East Side Hawks face the Baghdad Bombers in what promises to be an absolute hellraiser of a match.

vs.png

Following on from a match thread with over 80 pages to a controversial boycott, there is no shortage of love lost between these two teams.

The Bombers see themselves as the underdog heroes, resenting the Boy's Club influence at the Hawks that they feel gives them an unfair advantage.

Meanwhile the Hawks see themselves as having worked hard to get where the are, and regard the Bombers as endlessly whinging ingrates.

Make no mistake: this is the biggest Grand Final in SFA history. At least to those taking part.

For the rest of us, its the Alien vs Predator of Grand Finals:

Whoever wins...we lose.

Let's look at the teams...

nPXdLv7.png

The Road to the Grand Final

Qualifying Final: lost to West Coast Wonders, 12.9 (81) - 15.6 (96)
Semi Final: defeated Dragons FFC, 12.10 (82) - 9.10 (64)
Preliminary Final: defeated Mt Buller Demons, 19.5 (119) - 10.5 (65)

Predicted Lineup

B: go you pups - Marklar_33 - Keg on legs
HB: Milera2Betts - Eagling - Egga
C: Agent93 - Loonerty - tgrs
HF: Biggie - BigJoeD_ - Brown Bottle
F: larrikin - BRAB - DapperJong
R: spookism - brahj - The Filth Wizard

INT: Karnezis_13 - Mr Eagle

wgfRUZD.png

Elimination Final: drew with Fighting Furies, 18.9 (117) to 17.15 (117)
Elimination Final Replay: defeated Fighting Furies, 17.8 (110) to 14.11 (95)
Semi Final: defeated Gold City Royals, 22.9 (141) to 20.6 (126)
Preliminary Final: defeated West Coast Wonders, 21.11 (137) to 14.3 (87)

Predicted Lineup

B: George - Citroin - beez
HB: UnitedWarrior93 - HumanMeatball - Daniel McL
C: LicoriceAllsorts - Tony Lynn 15 - TheCoach16
HF: iDon - Dawn to Dark - arrowman
F: okeydoke7 - BEEG - ant555
R: KohPhi - HaroLad - miggs
INT: Shermy - billingsnumber

Odds supplied by PhenomBet (please gamble responsibly)

Match Result:
Hawks: 1.56 Phenom Dollars
Bombers: 1.65 Phenom Dollars
Draw: We can only hope

First Goal:
BRAB: 1.05 Phenom Dollars
BEEG: 1.08 Phenom Dollars
Someone else with an all-caps name: 2 Phenom Dollars

Deestroy Medallist:
TheCoach16: 1.02 Phenom Dollars
Brahj: 1.03 Phenom Dollars
Someone who understands how gambling odds work: Please help me

Suspended sentences activated:
KohPhi: 500 Phenom Dollars
HaroLad: 1.01 Phenom Dollars
Dawn to Dark: Betting suspended

Smuggest Boy's Club member:
Brahj: 12 Phenom Dollars
Spookism: 3 Phenom Dollars
BRAB: Yes

Last time they met...

Season 24, Round 15, at Waverley Park.

East Side Hawks: 15.11 (101)
Baghdad Bombers: 15.16 (106)

Players to watch:

brab fireworks.png
The ever-controversial Hawks full-forward came within inches of his maiden Fred Medal, but just fell short. Facing the team he hates the most, will he be motivated to kick the winner? And speaking of arch nemeses…

coach fireworks.png
The man they call “Mr. September” (despite it being December), Coach is coming off the back of one of the most successful individual finals series performances in SFA history. Will he be able to collect another 120+ dream team points?

brahj fireworks.png

The newly crowned Mobbs Medallist will be looking to prove that his victory wasn’t a fluke, and he’ll be hungry for a big win. Can he snare a Deestroy medal to go with the Mobbs?

Tony fireworks.png

Uncle Tony will be out to capitalize on his massive rise in the beez trophy ranks and his surprise All-SFA selection. Is the league’s resident agony uncle going to sing HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA as a victory song on Grand Final night?

loonerty fireworks.png

A criminally underrated poster (IMO), Loonerty has been one of the Hawks most consistent posters. Will he hit a Rainmaker on the Bombers on Sunday?

kohphi fireworks.png

The leader of the pack, the man of 1000 gifs, Fly Guy, whatever you want to call him, the reigning TFLUA –Tiger medallist will want to hold up the cup to go along with it. Will his bottomless pit of disturbing gifs disgust the Hawks long enough to steer the Bombers to premiership number 5?

Phenom's Tip:

Run. Just run. I wasn't kidding with the Alien vs Predator comparison. We're screwed either way...

Also, Hawks by a point.​

Last edited:
The Big Dance

That One Day in December.

A contest that both teams need to win, and neither team can afford to lose.

This is the SFA Grand Final for Season 24.

View attachment 444122
Possibly the single most venomous rivalry in recent seasons will have a new chapter written this weekend, as the East Side Hawks face the Baghdad Bombers in what promises to be an absolute hellraiser of a match.

View attachment 444123

Following on from a match thread with over 80 pages to a controversial boycott, there is no shortage of love lost between these two teams.

The Bombers see themselves as the underdog heroes, resenting the Boy's Club influence at the Hawks that they feel gives them an unfair advantage.

Meanwhile the Hawks see themselves as having worked hard to get where the are, and regard the Bombers as endlessly whinging ingrates.

Make no mistake: this is the biggest Grand Final in SFA history. At least to those taking part.

For the rest of us, its the Alien vs Predator of Grand Finals:

Whoever wins...we lose.

Let's look at the teams...

nPXdLv7.png

Qualifying Final: lost to West Coast Wonders, 12.9 (81) - 15.6 (96)
Semi Final: defeated Dragons FFC, 12.10 (82) - 9.10 (64)
Preliminary Final: defeated Mt Buller Demons, 19.5 (119) - 10.5 (65)

Predicted Lineup

B: go you pups - Marklar_33 - Keg on legs
HB: Milera2Betts - Eagling - Egga
C: Agent93 - Loonerty - tgrs
HF: Biggie - BigJoeD_ - Brown Bottle
F: larrikin - BRAB - DapperJong
R: spookism - brahj - The Filth Wizard

INT: Karnezis_13 - Mr Eagle

wgfRUZD.png

Qualifying Final: drew with Fighting Furies, 18.9 (117) to 17.15 (117)
Qualifying Final Replay: defeated Fighting Furies, 17.8 (110) to 14.11 (95)
Semi Final: defeated Gold City Royals, 22.9 (141) to 20.6 (126)
Preliminary Final: defeated West Coast Wonders, 21.11 (137) to 14.3 (87)

Predicted Lineup

B: George - Citroin - beez
HB: UnitedWarrior93 - HumanMeatball - Daniel McL
C: LicoriceAllsorts - Tony Lynn 15 - TheCoach16
HF: iDon - Dawn to Dark - arrowman
F: okeydoke7 - BEEG - ant555
R: KohPhi - HaroLad - miggs
INT: Shermy - billingsnumber

Odds supplied by PhenomBet (please gamble responsibly)

Match Result:
Hawks: 1.56 Phenom Dollars
Bombers: 1.65 Phenom Dollars
Draw: We can only hope

First Goal:
BRAB: 1.05 Phenom Dollars
BEEG: 1.08 Phenom Dollars
Someone else with an all-caps name: 2 Phenom Dollars

Deestroy Medallist:
TheCoach16: 1.02 Phenom Dollars
Brahj: 1.03 Phenom Dollars
Someone who understands how gambling odds work: Please help me

Suspended sentences activated:
KohPhi: 500 Phenom Dollars
HaroLad: 1.01 Phenom Dollars
Dawn to Dark: Betting suspended

Smuggest Boy's Club member:
Brahj: 12 Phenom Dollars
Spookism: 3 Phenom Dollars
BRAB: Yes

Last time they met...

Season 24, Round 15, at Waverley Park.

East Side Hawks: 15.11 (101)
Baghdad Bombers: 15.16 (106)

Players to watch:

View attachment 444131
The ever-controversial Hawks full-forward came within inches of his maiden Fred Medal, but just fell short. Facing the team he hates the most, will he be motivated to kick the winner? And speaking of arch nemeses…

The man they call “Mr. September” (despite it being December), Coach is coming off the back of one of the most successful individual finals series performances in SFA history. Will he be able to collect another 120+ dream team points?

The newly crowned Mobbs Medallist will be looking to prove that his victory wasn’t a fluke, and he’ll be hungry for a big win. Can he snare a Deestroy medal to go with the Mobbs?

View attachment 444135

Uncle Tony will be out to capitalize on his massive rise in the beez trophy ranks and his surprise All-SFA selection. Is the league’s resident agony uncle going to sing HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA as a victory song on Grand Final night?

View attachment 444137

A criminally underrated poster (IMO), Loonerty has been one of the Hawks most consistent posters. Will he hit a Rainmaker on the Bombers on Sunday?

View attachment 444140

The leader of the pack, the man of 1000 gifs, Fly Guy, whatever you want to call him, the reigning TFLUA –Tiger medallist will want to hold up the cup to go along with it. Will his bottomless pit of disturbing gifs disgust the Hawks long enough to steer the Bombers to premiership number 5?

Phenom's Tip:

Run. Just run. I wasn't kidding with the Alien vs Predator comparison. We're screwed either way...

Also, Hawks by a point.​

Who let this campaigner make a grand final thread
Ludicrous

I didn't want to have too much focus on the captains. Besides, out of the two of you, only you actually deserved a graphic...

Fair enough.

How about me and miggs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big one and perhaps the culmination of a a season long rivalry.

The bombers are a repugnant club. No ifs or buts about it. The last time we met the bombers were slapped with a disrepute charge.

I feel like a bombers win here would kill the league. We are the last hope for a league without an arrogant bombers line up.

The entire competition is behind us. It's time to put an end to the siege mentality of the bombers once and for all.

This is the biggest game in the history of the league.

Let's give them hell hawks.

Ah the grand final. Fond memories of it in this league, not so fond recent memories in the lesser league

What’s a Baghdad again?

Ah the grand final. Fond memories of it in this league, not so fond recent memories in the lesser league

What’s a Baghdad again?

Well look at what the cat dragged in... will I have to make changes?

The big one and perhaps the culmination of a a season long rivalry.

The bombers are a repugnant club. No ifs or buts about it. The last time we met the bombers were slapped with a disrepute charge.

I feel like a bombers win here would kill the league. We are the last hope for a league without an arrogant bombers line up.

The entire competition is behind us. It's time to put an end to the siege mentality of the bombers once and for all.

This is the biggest game in the history of the league.

Let's give them hell hawks.

#thelesseroftwoevils

Well look at what the cat dragged in... will I have to make changes?
I mean my qooty skills are slightly rusty. My ball movement skills are equivalent to that of a tortoise pushing a soccer ball around, if that helps?

But you know the old saying - experience wins matches :D (most likely is not an ‘old saying’)

I mean my qooty skills are slightly rusty. My ball movement skills are equivalent to that of a tortoise pushing a soccer ball around, if that helps?

But you know the old saying - experience wins matches :D (most likely is not an ‘old saying’)

Hang around a bit... we'll see what happens :)

Back