Official Match Thread Season 25 Round 15: East Side Hawks vs Gold City Royals at Waverley Park

How many posts will Blern make in this match thread?

• 50-99: He reminds me of Jack Watts. Almost there.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100-149: He loves Chicko Rolls.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks.png Royals.png

The last time they met

Round 9 last season the Royals 16.6 (102) defeated the Hawks 12.7 (79)

Round 4 this season the Royals 13.12 (90) lost to the Hawks 16.14 (110)

The season so far

Hawks Royals form.png

Clearly, the Hawks form has not been good lately. None-the-less, they sit 4th and have clinched a finals berth so they can afford to “manage” a few players leading into the next few weeks should they feel the need. The comfortable situation they see themselves in must be a testament to a handful of supremely talented and gifted qootiers, carrying the side on their backs through thick & thin. On the other side of the park (& ladder) is the Royals. While form would suggest otherwise, they are struggling this season. Their spot on the ladder reflects the lack of support a small few players are getting on game day (at the moment). This would no doubt be disappointing given the offseason acquisitions which have had mixed success thus far. Should those few currently performing manage to drag a few along with them, they could very easily turn it around and be a force to be reckoned with in the coming weeks. The Royals would be hoping to lift again this week and try to get back into the 8 with a very strong win while the Hawks are busy getting their finals photo shoots done.

Last Week & Player Watch

Hawks Royals last week.png

Last week saw too much left to too few it seems for both sides. I mean, look at the Royals… Cloud_ carrying the side yet again ( :hearteyes: … so dreamy), ahem… Despite their best efforts neither Spooks or our great leader could drag their sides over the line with both sides going down in bitter losses; The Hawks going down to the Dragons by 19 & the Royals losing to the Wonders by 9.

There are a fair few of my favourite posters playing this week (you know who you are); Some of which are clearly flying however I’ll have my eyes on two in particular. Both have moved clubs this season (one now a Hawk & one a Royal) who have been disappointing recently and need to lift (or come back to the Swampies… whatever). I, of course, will be also watching Cloud_ as I always do. Over and over and over and ov...

I’m going to tip the Hawks to re-find their form and beat the Royals by 41 (I'm sorry my love)

Captains please remember to post the Official Team Sheets by 11.59pm Melbourne time on Thursday

Last edited:

Hi Royals
Please appreciate this post more than the Dragons and my teammates did.
This is the image:
489957_ec4535fe0cfd828cd688a83682c5d817.jpg

Hi Royals
Please appreciate this post more than the Dragons and my teammates did.

This is the image:
489957_ec4535fe0cfd828cd688a83682c5d817.jpg
There is plenty you can’t do mate. For instance be a good bloke for 5 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is plenty you can’t do mate. For instance be a good bloke for 5 minutes.
I spent the last week helping someone perfect their portrayal of me.

That surely took longer than five minutes.
Whether it was good bloke behaviour depends on your perspective I suppose.

I would like to use my 37,000th comment to state that if Noobz’ girlfriend was any younger they’d have the same haircut.

Carpets match the drapes I hear.

Back