Official Match Thread Season 25, Second Semi-Final - West Coast Wonders vs. Sin City Swamprats @ The Colosseum

Pick A Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
vF5DQTF.png

After Week 1 of the Sweet F.A Season 25 finals series wrapped up with the West Coast Wonders being beat at the Colosseum by fellow top 4 club in the Roys FFC, they are set to take advantage of their second chance at becoming the first club to reach six premierships. It will be not be easy as they come up against the Sin City Swamprats who promptly disposed of and dumped the Fighting Furies out of this seasons finals series, as well as the race to become the first to six premierships with an emphatic 58 point thrashing on the Furies home turf in their Elimination Final.

XZUYuD1.png

Excuse the incorrect jumper and logo for the Wonders, you can blame them. You can just blame me for the wrong Swamprats logo though. Maybe I'll fix it. Who knows.

Previous Encounters:
Since Season 18, the Sin City Swamprats, have been rather dominant against one of the leagues all-time greatest teams in the West Coast Wonders. The Sin City Swamprats seemingly always play very well against the West Coast Wonders, having scored 100+ points in 8 of their last 12 encounters, posing great issues for the Wonders who have only won two games from their last 12 encounters with the Swamprats. This is sure to give the Sin City Swamprats great confidence after various form slumps over the last few years.

However, does the record really matter? This is finals Qooty and there is everything to play for. Both clubs have previously knocked each other out in Elimination Finals before, the Wonders winning in Season 5, and the Swamprats getting one over the Wonders more recently, back in Season 16.

Last time they met:

Season 25, Round 13 - Sin City Swamprats 20.18 (138) def. West Coast Wonders 17.16 (118) @ Underground Stadium

Round 13 saw a close game at the Underground Stadium up until half time where the Wonders would trail by only 10 points. Both gaskin & Dingster presented problems for the Wonders to try and solve throughout the game down forward as they'd both end up with 4 goals. The midfield battle set up a blow out 59-28 point third term in favour of the home team. With U2tigers and SarahSmiles in the middle in the last term, the Wonders were able to outscore the Swamprats 30-9 but to no avail as the game was pretty much wrapped up in the third quarter.

Random Statistics & Facts:
  • Macca19 has played in 26 head to head match ups, the most of all players
  • Of current signed players, both BallaratBulldog and ClarkeM have played in 19 head to head matches
  • Since Season 18, Ant Bear leads the disposal count with 253 - 64 more than the next best player
  • Golumless, since Season 18 leads the goal kicking with 18 goals
  • Groove, from 10 matches leads the all-time goal kickers with 36 goals
  • In Season 21, Round 2 Sin City Swamprats player Quadzilla racked up 39 disposals, the most disposals in a game
  • Two players have kicked 8 goals, both Swamprats players - Millky95 in Season 23, Round 14 and I Dont Care in Season 21, Round 2
  • Only 3 currently active players have played for and against both teams in matches between the clubs: BFFL, Golumless and ShaunDuggan
  • The average winning margin from the last 12 games is 46.41 points
  • There has been 16 games played on Wonders home turf, 12 on Swamprat turf.
  • The West Coast Wonders at Home are 8-8 against the Sin City Swamprats
:key:Keys to Victory::key:
West Coast Wonders -

:key: Constant Attack - Any sort of comparison model, would show that the West Coast Wonders are up there with some of the most recent premiership winners. The West Coast Wonders are a great attacking team, kicking 11 scores (league #2) of 100+ this season for a record 8-3 and are 5-1 at home when kicking 100+ points. There only loss at home (100+ points) being just last week.

:key: Energy - The Sin City Swamprats are a team who are willing to grind matches out. The Wonders have shown the ability to outscore their opponents in 38 quarters this season (league =#2). They will need to be on their feet and willing to run this game out as they have done all season.

:key: Kicking Accuracy - Superstar West Coast Wonders player haydo had a great start to the season, being an early Fred Medal contender. The Sin City Swamprats have a slightly higher kicking accuracy over the season, so haydo and the rest of the West Coast Wonders are going to need to work on their goal kicking throughout the week if they really want to put the Sin City Swamprats away.

Sin City Swamprats

:key: Is The Premiership Quarter Real? - The Sin City Swamprats at Round 9, were 2 and 7 and dead in the water on the bottom of the ladder. However, they managed to get themselves back to a respectable margin in all 9 games after winning 7 of 9 3rd quarters. The Swamprats are league #1 for 3rd quarter average score (29.94), and this is finals Qootball. If the Swamprats are in the game at Half Time, they may blow the game apart in the third.

:key: Match The Attack - From Rounds 1-9, the Sin City Swamprats did not register a single score over 100 points. As pointed out above, the West Coast Wonders are prolific in their scoring and can be relentless. The Swamprats since Round 9, have registered 5 scores of 100. They are very capable of both grinding out matches as well as matching the West Coast Wonders attacking play style.

:key: Dingster -
With just the 4 goals from his last 2 games, the Fred Medallist needs to be on his game, leading the way down forward for his team to give the underdogs in this game a real crack at leaving The Colosseum happy. We hope this isn't the start of a form slump at the most crucial time of the season.

Predictions:
Hate's prediction model, which is rather useless as is everything else above because the sim is literally 50/50 says:

Win Probability:

West Coast Wonders - 56.64%
Sin City Swamprats - 43.36%

Predicted Scoreline:

West Coast Wonders 19.18 (132) def. Sin City Swamprats 9.5 (59)​

This is absolute ******* fantastic Hate. Awesome job on a great opening post. Why couldn't you have done the GF thread!?

Morning Swamprats, I've already conceded defeat so no need to come and play Qooty this weekend. Well done for ending our season into straight sets and good luck for the remainder of the finals

This is absolute ******* fantastic Hate. Awesome job on a great opening post. Why couldn't you have done the GF thread!?

Morning Swamprats, I've already conceded defeat so no need to come and play Qooty this weekend. Well done for ending our season into straight sets and good luck for the remainder of the finals
who the hell hacked your account?

Fills me with confidence . Not

One can understand his sentiments - if this was my last game as captain before moving to the Gumbies, I'd probably feel the same way.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't usually hit the bar until half time. I like you.

Did you read the OP? The Wonders have won 2 games out of the last 12 against the Swamprats. Sunday will be no different unfortunately

Back