Official Match Thread Season 30 - First Preliminary Final: Gold City Royals vs Baghdad Bombers at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, you don't have to play nice.
It's just such a shame when you slip into playing into all the tropes of Baghdad.

Don't be nice, be better.
The Royals aren’t exactly setting a high bar this week, so you need to play to your crowd.

But it’s true, most of the malcontents only like Antonio, the superego, or me, the ego.

As soon as BlueVein breaks free of his shackles and has a laugh you all go to water, and that’s fine, I’ll just play the “nice” card so no ones “feelings” get hurt.
This is positive
Not Freddie Mercury’s favourite phrase.

This whole telling people how you think their feeling angle doesn't work for you any more Toni Cheese Jr. It was a hip and bold tactic when you started posting a year ago, but now I think we all know that this post is merely the oversized sunglasses that cover your puffy eyes and the alarming lack of creativity when it comes to trying to post with a bit of venom.
What’s “Toni Cheese Jr”?
while we’re at it, what’s “six stacked”
What’s “simp”?

I’m trying to get involved, but I don’t know what anybody is saying!
Double mate. Ooof, the time lord is starting to work up a sweat.

Tell me more about posting in a group PM, Tones? I was always lead to believe by you and the rest of dribblers that having a private conversation with a group of people was bad. What's good for the goose eh?

Seriously though, can only imagine the kind of enlightening discussion that goes on in a group PM that only picks up when someone posts pr0n.

"lol she is cute, hope she likes dogs XD"

"*a gif*"

"Rattled"

"Rootled"

"Reminds of that time in the early 90s when I shat myself at the back of the TAB because Dominic Cork had barricaded the toilet doors to root my missus. Stay tuned."

"Well it seems to me that this attractive young lady would be quite nice to go to bed with. I don't think that's such a stretch to say? Stop me if I'm wrong here, but intercourse would absolutely be a pleasure to have with her, or any hole with the appropriate levels of moisture. Seems fair to me? Yes? Ok."
My usual response to pr0n is, “how gruesome would that look if emotional scars were visible?”

"Don't stop me now" let us know what he was up to. Can see how things got to how it did in the end.
I’m surprised you weren’t around for the infamous “top 10 musicians match thread” of yesteryear. Remember how much fun we had with Wayneo in that thread The Filth Wizard?

Good times they were, good good times.

No but I’m actually sorry if I struck a nerve with you, that wasn’t my intention. I know this year has been tough for many people, namely the common folk, for a myriad of reasons, but I don’t REALLY wish to heap it on you, especially if you’ve been operating under duress.

Like I said to spook, I’ll play nice with you from now on, as you don’t tend to react favourably when a bit of heat is applied.

You just stick to your stoned sloth shtick and I’ll be the funny guy, I’ll even make you a couple of gifs if you want? Would that make you feel better? A gif?

Now we're back to the "you're melting" "you're emotional" but with the "genuine concern" factor turned up a bit to try and cover the frustration. It's a shame that you haven't been here a bit longer. In time, you'd be able to better hide the fact that this is all getting away from you and what you're doing is ultimately a last ditch attempt to try and take something back for yourself before we have another back and forth.

Focusing in on one key thing while ignoring everything else can be worthwhile in banter, but it's a slippery slope because if it's not done tastefully you're effectively showing your hand. Again, the Centrelink thing can be funny but it needs a funny anecdote to really land. It's not simply enough to go down the "haha you're poor" route. It's far too heavy handed and contradictory for someone such as yourself who finds comfort in being genuinely concerned more often than not.

Good luck, look forward to seeing how you improve from here. I did try and proof read this post, but it was only a skim read. I look forward to remediating any errors you come across.

Now we're back to the "you're melting" "you're emotional" but with the "genuine concern" factor turned up a bit to try and cover the frustration. It's a shame that you haven't been here a bit longer. In time, you'd be able to better hide the fact that this is all getting away from you and what you're doing is ultimately a last ditch attempt to try and take something back for yourself before we have another back and forth.

Focusing in on one key thing while ignoring everything else can be worthwhile in banter, but it's a slippery slope because if it's not done tastefully you're effectively showing your hand. Again, the Centrelink thing can be funny but it needs a funny anecdote to really land. It's not simply enough to go down the "haha you're poor" route. It's far too heavy handed and contradictory for someone such as yourself who finds comfort in being genuinely concerned more often than not.

Good luck, look forward to seeing how you improve from here. I did try and proof read this post, but it was only a skim read. I look forward to remediating any errors you come across.
18 minutes for a #noyou?

Disappointing effort from the medically affected sloth.

Well now I know I've got you because you've been watching the clock.
Because that’s how long it took you to respond to me, deeerrrrrrp. You’re having an absolute mare today, but I’m really enjoying you dribbling all over your keyboard.
I bet you’re mashing those letters really hard, aren’t you?

Oh I’ll get him with this one I will, I’ll show him.

Pathetic.

I’m surprised you weren’t around for the infamous “top 10 musicians match thread” of yesteryear. Remember how much fun we had with Wayneo in that thread The Filth Wizard?

Good times they were, good good times.

I never want another match thread between these clubs to ever happen without thinking of the greatest band of all time.

Because that’s how long it took you to respond to me, deeerrrrrrp. You’re having an absolute mare today, but I’m really enjoying you dribbling all over your keyboard.
I bet you’re mashing those letters really hard, aren’t you?

Oh I’ll get him with this one I will, I’ll show him.

Pathetic.

Dropped the genuine concern angle way too quickly and repeating the same old "you're melting" "you're emotional" style, but this time there's definite anger.

Most will say that you can feel the anger in the "Pathetic" but it's actually when you start asking questions like a single father on facebook who's just been challenged on a Fox Sports article.

I never want another match thread between these clubs to ever happen without thinking of the greatest band of all time.

While LP were great they didn’t get close to Fred and the Bizkit boys, I actually listened to Chocolate starfish today on my drive in. Absolute banger of an album

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While LP were great they didn’t get close to Fred and the Bizkit boys, I actually listened to Chocolate starfish today on my drive in. Absolute banger of an album

Look, in fairness it's Wayne that said LP were the best band of all time (whilst decrying Queen) but I will say this...

You are my favourite motherf***er... I told you, didn't I?

Dropped the genuine concern angle way too quickly and repeating the same old "you're melting" "you're emotional" style, but this time there's definite anger.

Most will say that you can feel the anger in the "Pathetic" but it's actually when you start asking questions like a single father on facebook who's just been challenged on a Fox Sports article.

Oooh I’ll get that guy from the Internet with this one, you watch fellas, I’ll get him good

- brahj

Mate I went to school with a couple of the Chocolate Starfish members.

It’s not a moth gif, but we’re almost there.
Still going.

2RYIYz0.gif

I feel like commenting on grammar was never an effective banter strategy in the SFA - certainly didn't fly back when I was relevant.

If this is the gold standard in the SFA now I might just let myself slip back into the wilderness.

Yeah you leave his grammar out of this mate. She sadly passed away recently!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back