Official Match Thread Season 35, Round Six: Roys FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Renown Park

Remove this Banner Ad

'Starred' could be over-egging it a bit but you were certainly there.

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF
That combined with me being clear BOG means one thing only. 3 votes - Zevon šŸ„“

That combined with me being clear BOG means one thing only. 3 votes - Zevon šŸ„“
Iā€™m glad youā€™re starting to understand the system weā€™re trying to build here

Iā€™m glad youā€™re starting to understand the system weā€™re trying to build here
Imagine how well I would have played if I wasnā€™t sitting in the Rate my Team thread waiting for your post. We might have got away with 3 quarters today

Imagine how well I would have played if I wasnā€™t sitting in the Rate my Team thread waiting for your post.
Patience grasshopper. Iā€™ll post my team sometime before 7.19pm on 16th March 2023. Promise.

Go Runk !!! You legend you !!!

View attachment 1622230

Gotta laugh at Kennedy Parker there - doesn't post, doesn't admin, doesn't kick the match winner....

Is there anything he does do.... ??

View attachment 1622232
I didn't kick the matchwinning goal?

oh-no-anyway.gif

Don't worry about the Swamprats Ted, this is simply a minor setback early in the season before we find form in the latter half of the season and have the last laugh while we play finals, philreich has a perfect team sheet posting record for the rest of the season, okeydoke7 charges past 1000 goals, spookism recreates a renewed version of the #stackedsix and the Roys experience your classic late season collapse.

As for admin stuff, I think the league's going pretty well at the moment. Nothing's on fire, BTS processes are a well-oiled machine, everyone seems to be having a fairly swell time. If there's nothing in particular you are concerned about I will be returning to more important matters...

4a17afd657c08eb9f896c6f9877900a20cb3fa3d.gifv

The FattyLumpkin Medal:

The Roys FFC would like to announce that the winner of one of the highest honours in Qootball is Grav - for a tremendous display of fun, entertaining and humorous posting !! Well done that Grav !! Fatty would be proud of that display in what was another hard fought clash, played in the right spirits !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commiserations Swampies, thanks for a fun week - always enjoyable with you !!

Roys, up into 2nd spot - well done and a big (but really boring) game next week.... The first of three byes in a row (I think)...

The FattyLumpkin Medal:

The Roys FFC would like to announce that the winner of one of the highest honours in Qootball is Grav - for a tremendous display of fun, entertaining and humorous posting !! Well done that Grav !! Fatty would be proud of that display in what was another hard fought clash, played in the right spirits !!
What the * is this? Lol

View attachment 1621990

This week in Roys History.....

(normally I do this in our team thread, but I'll make an exception this week.....)

Season 25 Grand Final...

This week for Roys History, we venture back to my first season in the League, Season 25. Despite an overabundance of biscuit related topics this season, the likes of fitzroybowiedog , Mobbs , I Dont Care were joined by newbies such as Runk , _Mike_ and some other flog....

And with our beloved captain leading the way with a league breaking season, winning the Mobbs Medal, the Deestroy Medal and the swimsuit competition, the Roys made their way to the decider. Could they be victorious and triumph over the Swamprats ???? Tune in for one of the all time great match threads to find out....

View attachment 1621992

Oh hell yes they could !!!

_Mike_ , Runk , JackNah_8 , Barrels , tigs2010 , Roylion , Sterge , RU_ , Kabanna , Lore , zackah , windyhill , Allikat , Elmer_Judd , Mooch , fitzroybowiedog , Zevon , royboy2 , Aristotle Pickett , 3KZ is Football , Beandip , Chezzalenko Reborn , DERRINALPHIL , Ed_Gein
Still the best match thread ever - apart from the result.....

I'm all in on this.

We can start by calling batsmen batsmen rather then 'batters'.

Batter is what you put on fish so you cannot taste the fish or something that happens to wives.
Yeah I'm pretty hot on this - it's dumb to call them batters!!!! At one point, the do gooders even tried to replace the term "player of the match" with "hero of the match". Haven't heard it used of late: perhaps because all and sundry were laughing at it when it was suggested.

Last edited:
3 : 4.31 {C} - GremioPower times his jump well and wins the tap.
3 : 4.43 {C} - Grav has a paddock.
3 : 4.49 {C} - Great tackle on Grav.
3 : 4.54 {C} - The ball is now with Runk.
3 : 5 {lHFF} - Gets onto his preferred foot and boots it long.
3 : 5.06 {lHFF} - Elmer_Judd and TheDarkDwarf both holding each other. No mark.
3 : 5.12 {lHFF} - Running with the ball is Elmer_Judd.
3 : 5.19 {lHFF} - That's a fantasic tackle by TheDarkDwarf.
3 : 5.25 {rHBF} - The ball is now with TheDarkDwarf.
3 : 5.31 {C} - He kicks long and low.
3 : 5.37 {C} - Runk rises over the pack majestically.
3 : 5.43 {C} - Runk picks it up on the bounce.
3 : 5.49 {rHFF} - Quick hands to RU_.
3 : 5.55 {rHFF} - Handballs to tigs2010.
3 : 6.02 {CHF} - Mike screaming for the ball - and he is heard.
3 : 6.06 {CHF} - Ohhh. Mike runs back with the flight of the ball and nearly gets cleaned up.
3 : 6.12 {CHF} - Mike sizes the options in front of him.
3 : 6.18 {CHF} - Mike takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
3 : 6.25 {CHF} - Mike has wild shot at goal.
3 : 6.31 {CHF} - It's going to result in a goal. Goal to Mike.
ROYS FFC : 7.4.46
SIN CITY SWAMPRATS : 5.2.32

So far the Roys have the answers. _Mike_ kicks his second.

1AA.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back