Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 1: Gumbies FFC v Las Vegas Bears @ House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

1613154943692-png.1056722
27LVBdc585cb1f9c2b45f.png

Gumbies FFC v Las Vegas Bears
At House of Gumby

1561430720605-png.698218

It's a new season in the Sweet Football Association with plenty of exciting stories to be told in the 36th edition of this great competition. With new personas, new rivalries, new stars to emerge.

But before we get to all the shiny new toys that can be played with. Let's take a look at the season just gone for these two teams...

S35 Recap - Gumbies FFC

The Gumbies FFC had a trademark disappointing season after failing to win a final. However, they did get a rare win at the Tribunal when Falconista managed to successfully overturn a penalty by arguing that there is no specific squad submission deadline. It was yet another season where GWS Goose did not make the All-SFA.

S35 Recap - Las Vegas Bears

The Las Vegas Bears hoped to finally overcome the curse of the retiring Broken and win a final with him in the team, but their quest was ultimately unsuccessful. They did however, have a highlight to end the season when champion backman JoshWoodenSpoon prevented okeydoke7 from kicking goal 1000.

The Off-Season - Gumbies FFC

The Gumbies welcome back the newly named Chat Pile while introducing a generation of new rookies in cats_09, nobbyiscool and HotPiesWithSauce. Notable losses include Rodney Dangerfield, Brick Loosener, DenieD and The Foolback.

The Off-Season - Las Vegas Bears

The legendary Broken retires but the Bears welcome back Tandy and guero while bringing in superstar rookie JoseMourinho from the Gee Dee scouting campaign.

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

First up the bears hey?

Someone please tell me why the name? Sounds like someone is holding a convention in LV that features a lot of leather and Queen songs
From a distance LV looks like LIV which is the name of Liv Morgan who is a pro-wrestler we all should appreciate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new season has arrived and by the looks of things some of us are in desperate need of some training, I fear the plane might struggle to take off on Sunday morning if some of us don't lose a few kilo's. Lets show these Gumbies what we are made of.

Bears in training.png

Art Vandelay_ Cap CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash

We all know Stuart Broad is a campaigner. And we've learnt over time that Stokes is a bigger campaigner. Is there anyone who could be a bigger campaigner than Broad and Stokes combined? Yes: that plastic campaigner who moved to the Wonders.

Call for mercy, Bears. I am one pissed off campaigner.

We're like cockroaches. When you think you've killed the last one off, another one appears.
Years ago I saw a cockroach at home and said "oh hi cockroach" and my yelled back that it wasn't nice to call people that. At the same time (I had my back to the TV) Mick Malthouse came on the news and mum thought I was talking about him

We all know Stuart Broad is a campaigner. And we've learnt over time that Stokes is a bigger campaigner. Is there anyone who could be a bigger campaigner than Broad and Stokes combined? Yes: that plastic campaigner who moved to the Wonders.

Call for mercy, Bears. I am one pissed off campaigner.
I saw how you left the Bandits, I doubt you can be any more campaignery now than then

The new season has arrived and by the looks of things some of us are in desperate need of some training, I fear the plane might struggle to take off on Sunday morning if some of us don't lose a few kilo's. Lets show these Gumbies what we are made of.

View attachment 1760939

Art Vandelay_ Cap CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash

Just more of me to love baby

I saw how you left the Bandits, I doubt you can be any more campaignery now than then
Ok. Given I never left the Bandits I'll just, I dunno...

Ok. Great start :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back