Official Match Thread Season 36, Round 14 (Heritage Round): Gumbies FFC v Fighting Furies at House of Gumby

Who wins?

• Elton Johns Wig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DenieD

• Jabba73

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hl4rZ6V.gif

Please engage the soundtrack.
View attachment in the mood - glenn miller orchestra.mp3

Heritage Round - Season 36

The year is 1941 2001.

Mobbenfuhrer has just finished creating a fantasy football league on an old reconditioned Tamagotchi and his site on lexicon.net was dial up interwebbing away with the promise that "It's assured, you won't be disappointed”.

36 seasons of disappointment entertainment later, and at least we can take solace in the knowledge that to quote the great man… It isn't really happening!!!!!

kfI6eqi.png

And so, 22 years later and 36 seasons on from that fateful disclaimer... here we are celebrating over two decades of our beloved league that has certainly left all of us equal parts elated & disappointed at some point, and yet we can rest easy in the knowledge that it isn't really happening and my tears over our premiership heartache at the Warriors are just figments of my overly fervent and feverish imagination!

Ladies and Gentlemen … Welcome to Heritage Round, as we celebrate 36 seasons of joyful misery! 🤗

Gumbies FFC v Fighting Furies

GkEiWv0.png

Each club will be wearing a special commissioned Heritage Kit this weekend as we celebrate Heritage Round. Here's each club's kit for this week's match.

Great Moments In <insert club here> History

JUckMZi.png

Gumbies FFC
  • Established S4
  • Enter the competition as the Geelong Gumbies
  • Historic maiden premiership in S16, going from the wooden spoon to premiers in a season after a tumultuous period
  • Gumbies rebranded in S19 to the short-lived Geelong Wolves, reverting back to the Gumbies moniker in S23

Lu4MviQ.png

Fighting Furies

• Established S3
  • Furies enjoy a charmed run over a 7 season period that sees them win 4 premierships, including back to back flags in S10 & 11
  • Wacky Tiger goes back to back in the Mobbs Medal S18 & S19
  • Furies # firsttofive with historic flag win in S20

Head 2 Head
Stats courtesy of Hate & Sweet F.A+

GUM FUR H2H.png

Clubhouse Leaders - All-Time

GUM 1.png
peterss winty StFly
FUR 1.png
rfctigerarmy CJH

Clubhouse Leaders - Season 36

GUM 2.png
Chat Pile Barrybran Falconista GWS Goose
FUR 2.png
ShaunDuggan NaturalDisaster Frothies Mcveigh

Heritage Round - Exhibition Series

:handpointup:
Keep an eye out for this week’s Heritage Round festivities as we celebrate with a round-robin exhibition tournament representing the greatest personas and contributors across three distinct eras in the league. The players will be selected via a Legends Draft and the draft pool will be divided by rookie classes accordingly:
  • Rookie Classes S1-12
  • Rookie Classes S13-24
  • Rookie Classes S25-36
Head over and get around the fundraiser! :thumbsu:

~ Captains, team sheets are to be correctly submitted by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST ~​

Last edited:
Thanks to TheInjuryFactory for amending our guernsey slightly for this season's Heritage Round. I will explain it's meaning in the team thread in a bit. I'm sure all Gumbies can agree it looks fabulous.

And, good evening/morning to the Furies.

Thanks to TheInjuryFactory for amending our guernsey slightly for this season's Heritage Round. I will explain it's meaning in the team thread in a bit. I'm sure all Gumbies can agree it looks fabulous.

Pleasure Falc. Here's a nice big one for Barrybran, should be able to fit that big bouffant bonce through the oversized neckhole.

uUUu6PE.png

Hi Falcon, I just need you to join the song contest so we can converse in all bigfooty cults - song contest, the sfa, wordle thread and AFL Team Manager.

Hi Falcon, I just need you to join the song contest so we can converse in all bigfooty cults - song contest, the sfa, wordle thread and AFL Team Manager.
They'll write books about us one day. Fridge and Falc: How they took over Bigfooty, one board at a time.

They'll write books about us one day. Fridge and Falc: How they took over Bigfooty, one board at a time.
We look like we're about to drop the years hardest most pretentious alt rock album

1698676684224.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, and forgive me for the eye sore of an avatar. I promise it won’t translate to my posting.
Just assumed you were harassing half the league with needless PMs.

Back