Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 16 - Las Vegas Bears v East Side Phoenix @ The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

qooty2survive.png

Season 36, Round 16.

August the 6th, 2023 saw the opening of the 36th season of Sweet F.A, and it’s been an adventure since with threads spammed, games won, drama unfolded and plenty of penalty points given way.

Now, to stay in the hunt for the premiership, teams must Qooty to Survive.

Qooty2Surive2.PNG

A recap on the path to a premiership so far.

Bears.png

Thinking back to season 35 shouldn’t be a pleasure for the Bears, they struggled and missed out on a finals series. Season 36 though has been a pleasure for them and it started off in fantastic fashion.

Even Fast Starters Need a Break:

The Las Vegas Bears started the season quickly with a 63 point smashing of the Gumbies which saw MWPP get given the qooty over and over again to kick six majors of his own and although they couldn’t have as much impact in the second round when the Bears faced the Dragons, guero was able to with five goals and another win for them to be the only side to have played two games and be undefeated and take an early scalp to position one on the standings.
Management is key in the world of qooty and losses in round three and four against the Coney Island Warriors and Roys made it clear that the Bears were there for the long run.

The Long Run:

2-2 isn’t a terrible record to start the season and three wins in a row to make it 5-2 makes it look even better with the Royals and Old Boys spending a bit too much time on the Vegas strip in their visit to Las Vegas and were shocked when they realised the Bears can handle the extra curricular activities of their home town and beat both of those sides by a combined 69 points.
One more win against the Bombers in round seven had the Bears in second but it was a three game tumble against the Swamprats, Wonders, and Furies that sent them to the edge of the top four.

End of the Road:

Since round 10, the Bears have had a bye, won two games, and even drawn a game and now have finals locked in heading into the final round and while they sit second by half a game, they can end up in a number of positions if they do not beat the East Side Phoenix.

Statistic Leaders:
Hit Outs: Cap (160)
Kicks: RonnieRaven (151)
Handballs: RonnieRaven (147)
Marks: RonnieRaven (74)
Tackles: Senor M (73)
Goals: Matera92 (31.24)
Dream Team: RonnieRaven (1078)

phoenix.png

Consistency is the key to Qooty and after failing to make finals in season 35, the East Side Phoenix were motivated to achieve just their second premiership.
It’s clear that it’s going to be a tough ask for the Phoenix with a lot of work needing to be done, and done well.

A Positive:

The Hawks started their season just as they needed to, with a win against the reigning premiers by the tune of 27 points. Itsmyshow stood out as an important piece of their seasons puzzle with a seven goal haul but they weren’t able to make nearly as much of an impact in round two and three as they lost two on the trot to turn positivity sour in the east side camp.
That sour positivity soon turned into a positive record again though as close games against the Gold City Royals and Fighting Furies became wins due to the heroics of MP_ .
Another win against the Bombers rounded out a trio of games with another win two weeks later against the Dragons. A one point loss against the Demons was the meat in the winning sandwich and had the Phoenix sitting positively at third position.

To a Negative:

Callums_Guns ' 32 disposal game against the Dragons in round nine has been the most recent positive in their season with a five game losing streak being the story of the last two months.
It started against a strong Gumbies outfit in round ten by just seven points and progressively got worse with the Bears getting the better of them in round 11 by 39 and a week later the Roys clipping their feathers with a 81 point reality shattering loss.
The Phoenix were nearly able to get a win on the board against the Wonders in round 13 but a last quarter surge had them named the losers again.

Out for the Count?:

A round 14 loss to the Baghdad Bombers has made it incredibly tough for the Phoenix to get back into finals contention. They’ll definitely need to beat the Bears in the final home and away round and hope results regarding the Roys, Royals, and Dragons all go their way.

Statistic Leaders:
Hit Outs: por_please_ya (144)
Kicks: MP_ (121)
Handballs: The Majestic (139)
Marks: Wise Guy Sam (59)
Tackles: MP_ (63)
Goals: Itsmyshow (47.25)
Dream Team: The Majestic (922)

Captains, please be aware that the team sheet for your team must be submitted by 11:59 AWST on Thursday.

they can end up in a number of positions
Olivia Wilde Reaction GIF

Hello Phoenix & Chipmunk, welcome back to Vegas. Please help yourself to this lovely spread we have provided for you.
Once you are done with this, I will bring out the cannoli cake for you.
feast.png
424be9c241b463c0a6bd430660642dc2.jpg

Bears, the Phoenix are back in town. We need the win this week to stay top 4, so whenever you see a Phoenix player throw them some food. A fat Phoenix can't fly and will improve our chances of winning.

View attachment 1847547

Art Vandelay_ Cap CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash
We may not be able to fly, but we can knock you flat on your arse and you won't get up til next week.

Thought we had a bye this week however can't be disappointed with another trip to Vegas

Time to run a muck on the Vegas strip and find another red scooter for this weeks BOG
Turns out we both have a bye this week as well as this game. Why they chose to combine 15-16 I‘ll never know but given the recency of our bye, happy to actually be playing in the final round (unlike last season where we could only watch helplessly as we were knocked out of the finals)

Bears, the Phoenix are back in town. We need the win this week to stay top 4, so whenever you see a Phoenix player throw them some food. A fat Phoenix can't fly and will improve our chances of winning.

View attachment 1847547

Art Vandelay_ Cap CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash
Little bit of cushion for the pushing is mandatory 😉

Time to bring the heat, Phoenecies. Let's leave it all out there, because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. If this is going to be our last game for the season, we'll go out with a bang.
I’m good to leave my dignity here…where we hitting first?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And No! Sadly we didn’t make the cut but honestly…who would want to live with dopey, grumpy and sleepy!

May as well be married
Oh My God Wow GIF
I already am - 23 years (you get less than that for murder). I don’t always wake up grumpy. Sometimes I let him sleep in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back