Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 5 - East Side Phoenix v Fighting Furies @ The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy how time flies, I’d give anything to be a 18 year old campaigner again. Simpler times.
In SFA, you can be

dance flying GIF by Trippyogi

Today:
1. My favourite band releases their new album;
2. Starfield is released; and
3. Wheel of Time Season 2 starts.

I have next week off to just nerd out with all this (considering I haven't started Armored Core VI or Immortals of Aveum yet either, I need it).
My favourite band will never release an album again 😞

Today:
1. My favourite band releases their new album;
2. Starfield is released; and
3. Wheel of Time Season 2 starts.

I have next week off to just nerd out with all this (considering I haven't started Armored Core VI or Immortals of Aveum yet either, I need it).
I recall reading the wheel of time back in my uni days. Can’t remember what book I got to. I probably should give it another crack

There's still hope One Direction could reunite.

Don't give up.

Chortled.

I only discovered who they were in a very funny Derry Girls episode.

Further distractions:

I'll be an uncle again any day now, and as an MCC member I have three games to attend next week. JC is F***ing BIZAY!!

Big time congrats on being an Unc again. Hope all goes well.

First duty of an Unc is to put bub on the MCC Wait List.

Second duty is to be the naughty indulgent Unc. You'll do well.

The last time I was in the members was the 1964 GF when I cheered the Crompton goal to get the Dees home over the Pies. For reasons* I have forgotten I have not been allowed back since.

Had but have mislaid a photo of a woman who claimed to be a rello* being asked to leave the old male only Smokers' Stand during a Bodyline Test.

* The woman was allegedly my grandmother but that can't be right as she was not wearing a toga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big time congrats on being an Unc again. Hope all goes well.

First duty of an Unc is to put bub on the MCC Wait List.

Second duty is to be the naughty indulgent Unc. You'll do well.

The last time I was in the members was the 1964 GF when I cheered the Crompton goal to get the Dees home over the Pies. For reasons* I have forgotten I have not been allowed back since.

Had but have mislaid a photo of a woman who claimed to be a rello* being asked to leave the old male only Smokers' Stand during a Bodyline Test.

* The woman was allegedly my grandmother but that can't be right as she was not wearing a toga.

I'm still only a restricted member myself, but my Stepfather (who nominated me as a child) will sort this out for his newest grandchild 😀

As for the indulgent part, believe me I've got that down pat. It's my sister that's about to give birth, but one of my brothers had two little girls (10 & 4, soon to be 5). They get utterly spoilt, but are both wonderful children. I fawn over the youngest one as she's special needs (Level 3 Autism with Global Developmental Delay), but is the most affectionate child; I can't wait to spoil the new one rotten, too ❤️

Watched the before you buy on Starfield and I am going to wait until I really get bored with Baldurs gate. Just looks to be another case of Todd Howard looking in the mirror and tickling his own prostate.
I'm getting 'Mass Effect' vibes from what I've seen so far.

Do the NPC relationships you make with crew atleast give you some Dragon Age wink wink options?

I'm still only a restricted member myself, but my Stepfather (who nominated me as a child) will sort this out for his newest grandchild 😀

As for the indulgent part, believe me I've got that down pat. It's my sister that's about to give birth, but one of my brothers had two little girls (10 & 4, soon to be 5). They get utterly spoilt, but are both wonderful children. I fawn over the youngest one as she's special needs (Level 3 Autism with Global Developmental Delay), but is the most affectionate child; I can't wait to spoil the new one rotten, too ❤️

Fantastic.

I truly reckon being the indulgent scallywag Uncle is one of the great roles for males in our species. I have witnessed the role play out in the Americas, Asia, Africa and Europe across all sorts of cultures.

As a kid I was lucky enough to have a number of Uncles (not all related) who teased the hell out of me, taught me how to box, bowl a wrong’un, crack jokes, flip pancakes and have a sense of and regard for other folk.

I’ve only ever read one series twice. Okay challenge accepted. I’ll buy it and start again. It’s been nearly 25 years at a guess
The last re-read I did with audiobook. It was well paced for all the public tranport I had to use at the time. Very calming too.

Comes with the added benefit of learning how to actually pronounce everyones name!

The last re-read I did with audiobook. It was well paced for all the public tranport I had to use at the time. Very calming too.

Comes with the added benefit of learning how to actually pronounce everyones name!

Have not read the books. Took me a while to get into the First Series but quite liked the world it created. I finished it a few months back and will give S.2 a crack.

They obviously spent heaps on special affects and locations.

I must admit the writing and some of the actors left me a little cold. Rosamund Pike seemed to wander around trying to master the stern look while the kid playing Rand reminded me of The GRohan.

Those downers aside, I liked the Perrin, Egwan and Wisdom roles as well the little stories about the pacifist travelling people (leader played by the great Irish singer Maria Doyle Kennedy) and the gleemen. I also enjoyed the Matt character who conveyed some depth and contrary impulses Most humans are prone to.

Have not read the books. Took me a while to get into the First Series but quite liked the world it created. I finished it a few months back and will give S.2 a crack.

They obviously spent heaps on special affects and locations.

I must admit the writing and some of the actors left me a little cold. Rosamund Pike seemed to wander around trying to master the stern look while the kid playing Rand reminded me of The GRohan.

Those downers aside, I liked the Perrin, Egwan and Wisdom roles as well the little stories about the pacifist travelling people (leader played by the great Irish singer Maria Doyle Kennedy) and the gleemen. I also enjoyed the Matt character who conveyed some depth and contrary impulses Most humans are prone to.
The common problem I am finding with all these 'book series made in tv series' is there is an almost disrespectful lack of focus on protagonist relationships.

The writers cram minimal scenes of 'interaction' between them and that (in the writers view) is enough to lean on these minimal interactions heavily whenever it suits their adjusted storylines.

Case-in-point from this season Wheel of Time is using written letters between the protagonists to make up an imagined strength of lifelong bond that has not been displayed (barely) in the show.

spamfl-small-png.1765315

Catch all the ressies action below in Round 5 of the SPAM FL as the undefeated East Side Hawks take on the Tittybong Thunder.

Tittybong Thunder
FB:21. Davis Bertans.22. Josh Giddey.23. Luguentz Dort.
FF:15. raskolnikov14. Mobb Deep.13. DMX.
HB:24. Isaiah Joe.25. Tre Mann.26. Olivier Sarr.
HF:12. Method Man.11. Rakim.10. ASAP Rocky.
C:27. TyTy Washington Jr.28. Cason Wallace.29. Jack White.
C:9. Public Enemy.8. larrikin7. Biggie
HF:30. Jaylin Williams.31. Jalen Williams.32. Kenrich Williams.
HB:6. LL Cool J.5. 50 Cent.4. Chipmunk
FF:33. KJ Williams.34. tigland35. Chet Holmgren.
FB:3. Busta Rhymes.2. Jay Z.1. Nas.
East Side Hawks
East Side Hawks FOLL :16. Ghostface Killah.17. TY2418. SunsphereParker
Tittybong Thunder FOLL :36. Silky2337. Ousmane Dieng.38. Stevi_Tigers
East Side Hawks INT :19. The Blue Weirdo20. sey666
Tittybong Thunder INT :39. Edmund hunt40. krided

Remove this Banner Ad

Back