Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 14 - Roys FFC v Baghdad Bombers at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

My memories with trains as a kid was in both Victoria and South Australia having trains where the doors could be kept open. I recall them being blue in Vic and red in SA
Child, you don't remember the red rattlers in Melbourne with the high backed timber and vinyl seats.... the double hung timber windows

I haven't been in Sweet building houses for a while. If anyone wants a home (for example, Bombers in Abu Ghraib, or Roys in Old Town), give me a yell. I might go have a potter around today.
Penthouse in SOHO?

We had both blue and red in Melbourne iirc. And perhaps blue in country Vic.

I remember once traveling by train from Melbourne to Adelaide for a party, I think 1997ish. The train was non-smoking but had a smoking carriage where it was allowed. I was a heavy smoker at the time and spent the entire trip (what is it, about 8 hours? It was overnight) in that carriage, and it was absolutely chockers with smoke, and I reeked of it when arriving in Adelaide.
I caught a train from Melbourne to Adelaide back in 1974 - I ran away from home, I ran to the Nunawading train station, up the platform, on the train to Spencer St, sold some valuable stamps, brought a one ticket to Adelaide (my god what was I thinking - one bloody way). Got a job aged 14 at a menswear store in Rundle Mall (told them I was 15) - the 2nd biggest mistake was expecting my Nan in Plympton to say nothing to the folks:think:

Last edited:
Finally something constructive, was worried this thread was turning into a train wreck. 🥴
Some of us are proud of our low standards - aren't we Mobbs?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Bombers. Looking forward to seeing some friendly fire in your camp on Sunday. I heard you guys are good at that and we basically just have to stand around and pick up the pieces when you implode. Thanks guys. You're the best.

Hey Bombers. Looking forward to seeing some friendly fire in your camp on Sunday. I heard you guys are good at that and we basically just have to stand around and pick up the pieces when you implode. Thanks guys. You're the best.

Yes I did implode

images-2.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back