Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 16 - Roys FFC v East Side Hawks at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd time. Hawks both time.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
That means they went a month without a name change.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

fitzroybowiedog aka fitzroy done nuffin all day bowiedog is again a combo of regular appearance plus background helper. He's also an institution so this is the hardest **** off letter I've ever had to write.

But he'll keep showing up anyway so let's keep him.

HFF is dead set perfect for a favourite son who has rocked up every week through no inconsiderable amount of jade. Super lovable not just in-team but also by opponents, he also has hit the max of 15s making him a pick without question each week.

He promised me he'd show, and here he's been. Sorted.

Next we'll look at our newest LG member, Ed_Gein .

Ed_Gein has been with the Roys for many seasons and spent all of them completely bewildered at the whole concept.

This season, something clicked. Now Ed is essentially prime poach-bait. Full 15s every possible week and despite his own self doubts a convo starter as much as a responder.

It's Ed who I chose to give up CHB to, and in honesty he could move further up the ground if he chose to desire it.

On top of his breakout participation stats. Ed has also kicked in to help with leadership, becoming our newest LG member partway into the season.

Also a serial killer. I don't want to make him angry.

I'll do some work now and later on talk about JackNah_8 .

Ok I have about 8 minutes. Something tigs2010 said to me when we got too drunk together after a recent win.

tigs is a reliable and strong performer in participation, though not always through the roof. He does however back up his work in the threads with his duties in leadership. The Barrels Award is now his to manage and, let's face it, he's been exactly equally as tardy as either me or TedDougChris both were when it was ours to cover. He has clearly done his research.

After a super spammy opening round, tigs has been here every week except one (well back in the rounds). Again, he kept me informed. This means he's a walk-up start to be selected. The next question is, where to play him?

Originally he was on the ball, and deservedly so. These days he's in a forward pocket, not through demotion, but more through being squeezed out. He himself opted for a defence possie yonks ago to help squeeze in players when we had a high uniques rate, but this inadvertently left him unable to get back onto the ball when it was time to resume normal broadcasting. After checking in with the player themself, it seems that either he doesn't care or he's scared of me. I'm going with the former.

tigs2010 has been a 15'er (Mobbs speak for high-end poster) in the early rounds, dropped off, and has now returned to a 15'er in the last 3 rounds (if he continues to present this week). Therefore, his selection is a given, and I can't see much reason to shunt him to any other spot.

With tigs out of the way (don't we all wish!) it will be time later on to attack our next list member, fitzroybowiedog . Who I just mis-typed three times for some reason.
It’s tricky to remember, but his name isn’t fitzroyblowiedog like you expect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That means they went a month without a name change.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF
Does my presence mean nothing to you?

I have staunchly opposed the East Side Hawky Walky Wookies ever since it was floated, and I will continue to do so until I change my mind. Which I won’t. Probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back