Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 16 - Roys FFC v East Side Hawks at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

While I can perhaps have capsicum on pizza maybe, I tend to not choose it in any meals. It's always disappointing to see a pizza has peppers in it, leaving me looking forward to actual chili peppers, and then realising they just mean capsicum.

So a new store is opening near us soon, which basically sells philly cheesesteaks, an american staple! It's a bit like a Quiznos, subs with a more beefy leaning than Subway.

Let me show you why I am greatly restricted in how I can shop there:
Original Cheesesteak: Beef steak, fried onions & choice of cheese. I can eat this. Not really keen on onions but they're fine.
Mushroom Cheesesteak: As above but with mushrooms. The problem is in the title. Can't stand mushrooms.
Pepper Cheesesteak: As per the original but with mixed capsicums. I'll probably avoid because capsicums just seem to jar.
Chili Cheesesteak: American style chili unfortunately. The chili is fine, but in this case they also mean beans. I hate beans.
Triple Cheesesteak: I definitely like triples. Triples are my favourite food. The term applies to just the cheese, so it might be a bit sickly. I'd rather three meats as well, if there's gonna be three cheeses. Can eat.
Supreme Cheesesteak: The additions are capsicums, mushrooms and olives. Axis of evil. Well, two evils & one groan. Olives suck.
Hoagie Cheesesteak: Even if I can handle the capsicum, it also has tomato. I have a reaction to chopped tomato. That reaction is to throw up because they taste like crap.
Garlic Gravy Cheesesteak: Now this sounds awesome! But they still add mushroom for some reason. If I can get them to make it without the mushroom, I'm in.
Chicken Cheesesteak: It's the basic but with chicken thigh as well. I'm keen, though to me chicken seems like it would clash with the beef. Worth a shot.
Chipotle Cheesesteak: Ok here we go! Basic but with chipotle pepper AND chipotle mayo. Sounds awesome!
Grilled vegie sub: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAAA no.
I know exactly what you mean. Places make flavor combinations someone in product development likes then they subject the rest of us to it stating that you’ll like it. I think not. It’s easier for them to make a flavor packet or combination of items ahead of time and just slather everything with it instead of making it to order. I hate mushrooms. Can’t help it - my mouth opens, tongue comes out, and it is deposited on my plate. Cannot eat any peppers at all. I get horrible…i wouldn’t even call it indigestion; it’s more like a sun is burning in my chest trying to kill me. It lasts for days.

I’m ranting again, aren’t i? 🤭
My one rant for the day. 😬🥂

Soooo… DERRINALPHIL is my opponent this week…?

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

Piece of
Hungry Cake GIF

What a nice day it was today.
1. Slept in.
2. Mr. Strig didn’t work.
3. Went to our former local VFL team’s game (Preston Bullants) and they won!
4. Had an HSP from Melbourne Kebabs (best I’ve tasted)
5. Hawthorn Hawks won!

Doesn’t get any better. 🥰

Here’s a message from your beloved Mobbs

“Phone connection is being a bitch and I can't access Bigfooty while out here at the real footy. Would be pleased if you can pass that on for me!” 🙂
Quick! Mods are asleep post Josh Bootsma highlights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a nice day it was today.
1. Slept in.
2. Mr. Strig didn’t work.
3. Went to our former local VFL team’s game (Preston Bullants) and they won!
4. Had an HSP from Melbourne Kebabs (best I’ve tasted)
5. Hawthorn Hawks won!

Doesn’t get any better. 🥰
IMG_4380.jpeg

I missed the team flight early in the week and got handed a bonza ticket to make my own way to Brunswick Junction Oval, waited all week for it to do something they even turned the wifi off and couldn’t get the teamsheet in 🤦‍♂️

Spent the last 2 days travelling on a bus and should arrive in time, let’s hope for WARM conditions and a long overdue win

SpecialBruce used to play some qooty back in the day. Had a bit of a reputation too. How times have changed, with this humble, unassuming introvert back at the Roys to delicately tiptoe into every one of our match threads to date.

Ok ok, I'm not fooling anybody. SpecialBruce is our own resident figjam :D Happy to sing his own praises and sometimes even notice he's part of a team. Though he actually apologised for his game the other day, a game in which he still featured among the best.

That's right, SB has been a high performer onfield since snaffling an onball role some point into the season. Exemplary performance at ballgetting. A B&F smoky? Sure! Why not!

SpecialBruce doesn't post a lot, never reached a 15'er rating, though he's been 10+ on occasions. And more importantly, he's shown every week (usually to bag everyone on the other team, and I'm sure in his head he's bagging his teammates too!). Not a prolific participant, but an always active and reliable one.

Brucey holds down the ruck-rover possie these days, and he's been a prime mover in that spot. Immovable at this point.

Next to be dissected will be the STOTLE

Too right

Today is the day I kick a couple more goals. 2+

Remove this Banner Ad

Back