seeking feedback on Foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are a true Footy Fan and Sports fan then Foxtel is a must. Once you get it, you will never be able to live without it and will wonder how on earth you ever survived without it.

During the Footy season alone, it is sensational. Enables you to see pretty much every game live, plus 'On the Couch', 'League Teams' and 'Before the Bounce' are three awesome, high quality shows.

On the Couch is my favourite sports show.

You might also want to consider getting Foxtel iQ as well. You can set up to record shows automatically and then watch them at your leisure. You can even record one show and then continue watching anything else.

"Goddamnit, Notting kicked a goal!" *throws shoe*.
Why are some people so unkind. In any case, this is a most unlikely scenario, so my TV is at very little risk.

Seriously, if Notting bursts into the new season with all the vigour early training reports suggest, I will be the first to acknowledge I got it wrong.

If, however, he reverts to last season's non-tackling, non-presenting, non-accountability mode I will be among the first to point out he should have been shafted.

Thinking of getting foxtel at our house as well... The input is great and i am sold on the sports.. The only thing left to do is convince the two girls i live with that we must have the sports add-on, then i should be in for a good winter!!

Can't live without Foxtel now being in Melbourne. I actually prefer the games not be on free-to-air anymore, especially channel 7 (though they only do one game a year for us usually). It's nice to watch a replay after a great goal instead of the same commercial about tires for the millionth time.

Only downside to Fox Sports is Dunstall as a commentator. Talk about Captain friggin Obvious commentating.

'Brisbane five goals down with ten mintues to play. They could really use with a goal right now!'

ORLY?!

Charles De Gaulle is meant to be better.

Though I tend to arrive at Gare du Nord either from elsewhere, like Calais or Geneva.

parismetromap.jpg

Thinking of getting foxtel at our house as well... The input is great and i am sold on the sports.. The only thing left to do is convince the two girls i live with that we must have the sports add-on, then i should be in for a good winter!!

You get the sports in exchange for the girls getting the channels with Sex and the City etc....

We've had Foxtel since mid 2004 and love it !! Upgraded last October to have IQ2 and it's fantastic, no more setting videos to record, just hit one button and it's done, even better is the series link.

For those looking at getting Foxtel, use your first free month on Platinum to see which channels you watch the most, then choose appropriate packages. Make sure you change before your anniversary date, that way you won't be charged the Plantinum rate for the next month. ( if you start on Feb 10th, the 10th of each month is your anniversary date )

Sport - Love AFL with no ads plus there's heaps of Lions games.
KFC 20/20 Big Bash at State Level plus some Ford Ranger games.

Kids channels are fantastic, I'm even enjoying another childhood, especially on Boomerang. The boys have even discovered "The Addams Family" on the Classic Channel.

The wife loves E! , especially the gossip/news shows and "The Girls of the Playboy Mansion" is something else.:eek:

Some shows to view:
Little People, Big World ( dwarf family raising their kids)
Jon & Kate plus 8 (first twins, then sextuplets)
American Chopper
Miami Ink
Lobster Wars
Deadliest Catch
Kiss Family Jewels - (Gene Simmons and family)
The Bios are usually very good

Aussie Shows
Camp Orange - ( a kids version of Survivor )
Kids Choice Awards
Love My Way
Satisfaction - ( life in a brothel )

Plus you get repeats of shows that were on FTA and enables you to catch up on some, that you may not have watched.

She'll probably be out next week.

I hear Heff's become immune to the stimulants.

Actually, all three of them have moved out of the mansion over the last year or so.

Holly is dating Criss Angel (the illusionist), Kenda is dating a San Diego Chargers player, and Bridget has also moved out to further her career. Needless to say they wont be filming any new episodes of the show.

Hef is now shacked up with these identical twins.

hugh_hefner_twins02_490077e38c943-t.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some shows to view:
Little People, Big World ( dwarf family raising their kids)
Jon & Kate plus 8 (first twins, then sextuplets)
American Chopper
Miami Ink
Lobster Wars
Deadliest Catch
Kiss Family Jewels - (Gene Simmons and family)
The Bios are usually very good

Aussie Shows
Camp Orange - ( a kids version of Survivor )
Kids Choice Awards
Love My Way
Satisfaction - ( life in a brothel )

You are obviously forgetting Naked Wild On 2

Stick with the pub. Foxtel/Austar is a rip off!

It depends on how much use you get out of it. I have it mostly for the sport as I watch the American sports, Cricket, Soccer and the AFL. I'll watch a few other things on top of that so I wouldn't call it a rip off in my case.

It depends on how much use you get out of it. I have it mostly for the sport as I watch the American sports, Cricket, Soccer and the AFL. I'll watch a few other things on top of that so I wouldn't call it a rip off in my case.
Foxsports do a lousy job a both Cricket and AFL, and a REAL s**t job at Baseball.

I said they're a rip off and i MEAN THEY'RE A RIP OFF!!!!!

Stick with the pub. Foxtel/Austar is a rip off!
You must have mates paying for your food,alcohol and taxis when you go to the pub because I can easily spend $200-there's your rip-off.This excludes the temptation of placing dud bets on the trots.

Foxsports do a lousy job a both Cricket and AFL, and a REAL s**t job at Baseball.

I said they're a rip off and i MEAN THEY'RE A RIP OFF!!!!!

Righto, settle down. I couldn't give a stuff how good the commentary is or if they have a million cameras at the game. Without Foxtel, I would get zilch chance in seeing my other favourite sports so I need it to fulfill those wants in my life. Each to their own.

Using the Caps Lock button ain't gonna change much:cool:

Did you end up getting Foxtel installed?

There have been a lot of good films showing on the movie channels lately.

I had the appointment with foxtel booked for next week but it now looks like I'm going to be heading overseas for at least 3 months from May so I'm gonna hold off for now and get it when I return. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back