Multiplat Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 2019 Game Awards GOTY

Remove this Banner Ad

This is easily my most anticipated game atm. It's going to siiiiiiick.

I was a pretty big fan of Nioh too. I liked the brisk speed of the game and the extra layer of depth to the combat. Souls/Bloodborne absolutely smashes in most other ways though. (world design, bosses, music, story/lore)

I don't really like the loot mechanics in Nioh.

tenor.gif

Some nice looking bosses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22nd March. First quarter of 2019 is loaded.
It's insane really. Off the top of my head the first quarter has Ace Combat 7, Kingdom Hearts 3, Devil May Cry and Sekiro. Also Anthem but that will probably suck on account of EA being EA.

I'm so pumped for Sekiro though. I'm gonna take time off work.

It's insane really. Off the top of my head the first quarter has Ace Combat 7, Kingdom Hearts 3, Devil May Cry and Sekiro. Also Anthem but that will probably suck on account of EA being EA.

I'm so pumped for Sekiro though. I'm gonna take time off work.

Add in Metro Exodus and Division 2. Something for just about everyone.

Yeah reminds of Hino-Enma and Okatsu. I liked Nioh though so I'm cool with this.

This is a From game so I'm pretty sure it will have a better story and level design than Nioh.

I’m shocking with the names from Nioh but Hino-Enma sounds like the early boss that flies and swoops? She was brutal. The other one that it made me think of was that chick from the snow level. I couldn’t defeat her without being cheap and slowing her down. That dash she did was brutal. I loved Nioh too. My favourite ‘Souls like’.

I’m shocking with the names from Nioh but Hino-Enma sounds like the early boss that flies and swoops? She was brutal. The other one that it made me think of was that chick from the snow level. I couldn’t defeat her without being cheap and slowing her down. That dash she did was brutal. I loved Nioh too. My favourite ‘Souls like’.
Yeah Nioh was great. I liked the extra speed of the combat. There were a few things I didn't like about it e.g. loot system and the story but it's the best Souls-like game I've played, equal with Hollow Knight but that's more of a metroidvania anyway.

It's funny because I recommended Nioh to two of my friends who are Souls fans and they really didn't like it. I get the feeling they like the atmosphere of From Software's games and Nioh didn't really handle the whole story/lore elements very well.

Yeah Nioh was great. I liked the extra speed of the combat. There were a few things I didn't like about it e.g. loot system and the story but it's the best Souls-like game I've played, equal with Hollow Knight but that's more of a metroidvania anyway.

It's funny because I recommended Nioh to two of my friends who are Souls fans and they really didn't like it. I get the feeling they like the atmosphere of From Software's games and Nioh didn't really handle the whole story/lore elements very well.

The biggest point of difference that I’ve seen people like or didn’t like in regards to the Souls comparisons were the levels. Dark Souls has beautifully crafted, inter connected worlds. Nioh just has levels. They are their own little worlds that you unlock as you go but definitely not on the scale of Dark Souls. I can understand that point. There were a few on here that weren’t into the loot system either. Though I did but I’m into loot piñata sort of games where I can grind for drops with perfect rolls.

That aside, I remember the whole time playing Nioh thinking about a Japanese themed From Software game. Now can’t wait to see how it goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back