Selwood elbow to the back of Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Weak analogy for sure, the incident involving Gaff obviously was worse as the was more force due to gaff running back and jonas running forward, and he collected Gaff more flush, but what Selwood did was still a clear as day elbow to the back of the skull, and was lucky Mitchell wasn't hurt. Do we just wait until something bad happens before we suspend someone for a disgusting act? Anything of the sort should be stamped out regardless of the outcome, the malice was clearly there and what he did had the potential to be very serious.
Pitchforks ready! Mitchell was fine. Move on. It's footy not netball and it didn't look like he hit him too hard anyway. Seeing as Mitchell was already face down any force (minimal or otherwise) would have caused the bloody chin.

And Mitchell was lucky when he strangled selwood that he didn't kill him. Just as danger was lucky to not end up in a wheelchair. See how easy is it to go overboard with hypotheticals?

Penalties can't and shouldn't be handed out for what could have happened.

The afl bought in the fines system to penalize players for incidents like selwood and Shuey- unsavory but ultimately no one was hurt. I don't want to pay to watch teams play without their better players for such ultimately irrelevant incidents.
The difference being the risk is far greater when you elbow the back of someone's skull. Anyone can make false equivalencies, the potential for injury from what Selwood did was far greater than the other 2, and Mitchell gets off for the simple fact it was in retaliation to being elbowed in the head.

Lucky how? Head and low impact were certainties and given he was off balance/tripping over it'd been bloody hard to argue intentional. This $1500 down to $1000

Nice fred kane249 :)
Because it was clearly intentional but because he was falling over it has given the MRP room to say it was careless

The mrp is an absolute disgrace. Rance gets 2 weeks for the same incident. This only further highlights what a corrupt pack of utensil suckers they have become.

The mrp is an absolute disgrace. Rance gets 2 weeks for the same incident. This only further highlights what a corrupt pack of utensil suckers they have become.

Dont worry, his still a sook and exploitive ducker. Nothing will erase that from the tarnished legacy he will eventually leave behind.
Definitely should have had a week out.

Excellent application of the Brownlow Medal Discount.

I will delete my bigfooty account if that cheating flog wins a Brownlow. There literally will be no reason to talk footy anymore with such severe injustices like that taking place.

Because it was clearly intentional but because he was falling over it has given the MRP room to say it was careless
It can argued to be intentional but the intentional part is far from "clear". He tripped over Mitchell, are his arms just meant to disappear?

It's human nature to brace for a fall. Why did Rampe break his arm when he fell at training (jumping a rope from memory)? Because he braced his fall.

But it's ok for him to question Bartels integrity?

Also, you were wrong. Free to play.

No, I was right. You apparently can't read. Free to play. But shouldn't have been. And it's fine to question an ex-players allegiances. To not question a conflict of interest is wrong, and leads almost inevitably to corruption.

Yessss suck it haters, the whinging has been hilarious.
Thanks Jimmy we finally got one to go our way and now we can hand the AFL those brown paper bags

Danger!Selwood You liked this post which clearly questioned Bartel's integrity. But that's okay?

Borderline autistic critical thinking ability. No way in any universe what Shuey did was higher impact, and certainly wasn't done with the malice that Selwood clearly had.
Lmao take the blinkers off

No, I was right. You apparently can't read. Free to play. But shouldn't have been. And it's fine to question an ex-players allegiances. To not question a conflict of interest is wrong, and leads almost inevitably to corruption.

Danger!Selwood You liked this post which clearly questioned Bartel's integrity. But that's okay?

Yeah mate, it's all dodgy....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the post because it pokes a bit of fun at a bunch of precious sooks who believe the mrp and barrel is corrupt because selwood got a fine.

You can keep whinging, but it won't change the outcome.

Dont worry, his still a sook and exploitive ducker. Nothing will erase that from the tarnished legacy he will eventually leave behind.

I will delete my bigfooty account if that cheating flog wins a Brownlow. There literally will be no reason to talk footy anymore with such severe injustices like that taking place.

Do us a favour and ditch it now

:D

What an awesome thread with many laughs to be had.
This post though is a clear winner, 10/10 for a fantastic melt. :D

We will wait for a more severe injury, then the AFL will try and stamp this type of incident out.......

By not doing anything about this actions (elbow to the back of the head), the AFL are endorsing players to do this. I think its pretty poor form. The AFL have form as well (giving Conca a week for something he should've been facing legal action over).

Truth always provides the best reads. :thumbsu::)
You should probably delete your account anyway as the constant sore bottom posts in pretty much every Geelong related post isn't adding anything of value.

Selwood is an out and out champion of the game and if he were to win a Brownlow it would be well deserved.

To me it just looks like Selwood tripped over and landed on him, I'm not sure if the intent was actually there. Completely different to Rance who just straight up swung his elbow into Watts.

Nah, I call BS. The Rance one was worse, but I don't think you can argue the trip defence for Selwood. Its human instinct to brace a fall by putting your hands out, not landing on your forearm/elbow. Selwood saw that he was going to land on Mitchell and thought that'd be a perfect opportunity to crack him one in the head. Disgraceful that he got off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back