Media Serial Stats: The Old Puppets of Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

I try not to take myself or this place too seriously.

I actually don't dislike anyone, not sure the feeling is mutual 😂😂😂
I'd still plant a juicy kiss on your lips

Robert Redford Nod GIF

What Gumbies are NC affiliated? I thought that was a Bears/Hawks thing.

Must be gratifying to get validated at last for breaking this wide open (admittedly with PMBangers help) 2 years ago BLUEALLTHRU?
I just want whats best for the league and all members of the NC are scourge of the Earth and need to be exterminated. I’d be surprised if any aren’t virgins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want whats best for the league and all members of the NC are scourge of the Earth and need to be exterminated. I’d be surprised if any aren’t virgins.
You're bang on the money BAT. 🙏

Well said mate.

My apologies.
I just added some stats in there for you. 🤠
Don't mess with me. First Bailey Banfield injures his shoulder and now this. I picked a helluva week to quit diazepam.

View attachment 1781804

Many of you would have seen Toy Story series, yes? A tale of a bunch of toys going on a range of adventures, whilst conveying a heartwarming message to its viewers. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen would have had you digging out your childhood toys, just to check on them once the credits rolled.

The third Toy Story movie is that one really ups the ante though, with adult themes, a creepy antagonist (Lotso-Huggin Bear) and even some horror genre elements!

The toys are loved and cherished for the first two films, but the third started with the toys' owner Andy preparing to leave for college. He's grown tired of of his old toys, and this means that Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie and the rest of the toys find themselves headed for the attic but mistakenly wind up on the curb with the trash. Woody's quick thinking saves the gang, and they eventually end up being donated to a day-care centre. However, the kids at the centre are not very nice, and in the process of trying the escape once more the toys end up in a rubbish dump, and face the prospect of being being burnt to a crisp in a garbage incinerator at the end of the film.

It really tugs the heart-strings.

Did you know that we have something similar to this going on in Sweet right now?

Meet Tigerturbulance:

View attachment 1781827

Turbo has been part of the Sweet FA for many seasons now, and a few seasons ago he got bored of hanging out with the Richmond supporters at the Fighting Furies, and decided to get together with a few of his Richmond-supporting buddies and create their own team: haydo's lizards The Ophidian Old Boys!

View attachment 1781831

Of course, the Old Boys needed to gain entry to the league first. They needed a benefactor. An owner like Andy, if you will, to get them in.

Luckily, they had two founding members who were part of a secret club. A "Nerd Club" some may call it.

Now the inner workings of this "Nerd Club" are quite the mystery, and I am unable to access the secrets within, but it's fairly safe to say that this "Nerd Club" has a lot of influence in several Sweet FA clubs: most notoriously being the Furies, Dragons, Bears and Gumbies. Could Bonz and Elton Johns Wig work with their NC chums to tilt the vote in their favour?

Let's look at the Sweet FA Committee vote results for the Old Boys' admission into the league:

View attachment 1781842

Curious. Curious indeed.

The Old Boys entered the league, and with great fanfare they entertained us with their Spotswood Campus schtick.

They generated a few fictitious storylines with their backers (remember the Basilisks??), before lifting the holy grail of Sweet at the end of Season 35.

Life was good to be an Old Boy.

But suddenly, it appears that Andy has grown tired of his toys.

The risk of relying on the support of a flaky bunch of man-children on a Discord channel is that they get bored and move on to other interests. The tide turns, and suddenly the Ophidian Old Toys find themselves on the front verge collection and at the mercy of the world of Sweet without their beloved Andy to keep them safe.

A raft of rule breaches at the start of Season 36 saw them once more prostrating themselves to the Sweet FA Committee. Some rule-obsessed nutcase has caught them with their pants down. Ruthless Admin Kennedy Parker compiled a huge list of charges against them, along with some of the harshest penalties seen in recent Sweet history.

The Committee put it to a vote. Would Andy save his Old Toys...?

View attachment 1781844

Oh dear. It appears that the Old Toys are in a little bit of trouble.

At the mercy of the OG anti-expansionists, and without the aid of their precious "Nerd Club" allies - the Old Toys are at risk of finding themselves at the Sweet rubbish tip, and moving towards that fearsome incinerator.

The puppet shall dangle where the puppet master dictates.

Watch this space.

toy-story-3-gif.gif

Stats for Tonga Bob:
Sweet FA premierships for Old Boys - 1
Sweet FA premiership for Warriors - 0
Credit to the Swampies and the Wonders for voting for expansion and against the “witch-hunt”.

We couldn’t bare to see some of our greatest Bomber minds traded out, but we can spot an over-reach when we see one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back