Official Team Thread SFA Exaction Bid - Southside Shitgibbons

Remove this Banner Ad

rhobBrw.png

Thank you all, for joining me here today. I would like at this time to announce the intention to launch a formal bid for Sweet F.A. exaction for Season 30 with the club: Southside Shitgibbons (formerly West Coast Wonders)

Name: Southside Shitgibbons
Colours: Poo Brown, Banana Yellow, Beige and White
Homeground: The Jungle, located in Rasasidge (formerly The Colosseum)

Club song: 'Welcome to the Jungle'

Guernsey:

Home:

dOm6aAb.png

Away:

8WLvI6S.png

Clash:

JdtFJFI.png

Club History:
Season 29:
Wonders lose all their upper echelon posters and leave behind a bunch of Shitgibbons.

FIN.

Media Questions:

"How many players have you signed currently?"

At the time of posting I have salvaged 22 posters (sadly including Sab22). 10 are current (?) established "players" in the league (each of them nominated for HOF by ClarkeM this season) and the remaining 12 are rookies, shittrucks or both (such as jezzajay). This satisfies the required established player squad size outlined in the rules.

"Who are these signed players?"
With every single Wonders player making their pleas for expansion, even though they are still currently playing for the club in S29 with a chance for finals, I have already decided to release the names of maligned players who will be left behind to the admin for purposes of my bid. Once a bidder's side has been eliminated from expansion contention, I will PM that player and see if they are OK with being announced as having to come back and join the club again.

"What about the rookies?"
They are being watered and fed regularly and will be notified of the league if and when that becomes necessary.

"How do you believe this exaction will benefit the league?"
A new team always brings excitement and freshness. But mainly, old inactives back to the league for a week or two. Whilst statistically not every Wonder posts, it is still positive change for the league. Also, a new team could be exactly what a tired club would need to get reinvigorated. Exaction isn't a common occurrence and the chance to be a part of a new team at your own club for the first few seasons is exciting. Or so they would have you believe.

"Will the last few players be rookies or established players?"
Most of our posters post at a rookie level so we feel we will have a great mix of both disciplines.

"How will you ensure not only the Shitgibbons last but the other 11 teams as well?"
I've always had the belief that rookies are the future. The Wonders/SGs will have to bring in a bunch of new rookies this season after everyone bails. In S31 we will probably have to look for even more. Same in 32 and 33 and onwards. I believe that the established clubs would have to do the same. Players will come, but mostly players will go. That is the nature of the SFA but the successful clubs I have seen, all 2 or 3 of them, have still been forced into recruiting and maintaining rookies during their flows which reduced their stronger ebbs. If you have seen our list, then you would know that we will not be restrictive in which players we let go if they wish to leave and will be welcoming to any player who approaches us to join.

"How do you believe your side will banter and be bantered against?"
The culture and personality of the side will be based on the players we have. So it will be severely lacking, but that will be in keeping with our new Shitgibbons moniker. We do have some SFA lore with used up, dirty old hacks like ClarkeM that can be used as a starting point for players to use. I do suspect the less creative types would post gifs of Apes and Baboons, but I suspect the novelty would wear off just like calling the Vampires "viable".

"Why didn't you come forward with the exaction bid earlier?"
Trying to find the correct time to announce the bid to the public was difficult. Come out too early and you get laughed at like the Vampires. Wait too long and you're out of time and everyone is put off like the Serpents because they say you need things like "players". Change is scary, man. Scary like vampires, snakes and LizardTrolls™.

The process of making the side went as followed:

- Get an iron clad guarantee from admin
- Get a name
- Get graphics to show serious intent
- Give up expecting their established players to form a good core
- Get rookies?
_ ....
- Profit

The second last one somewhat overlaps with their rookies' talent. I think they said they had 2 or 3 established players, but I couldn't find any so I started looking at their rookies. My god, their rookies. FML.

When I asked people if they would like to join the Wonders ahead of my bid, I had plenty of "no thank yous" as well as "I'll wait until season ends" in those PMs. Unfortunately, the wrong PM to the wrong poster can force your hand before you'd like. Thankfully the fact that I am actually in the league and know who the captains are, I was able to avoid that fatal mistake.

"Is this bid finalized?"
No, although we already have a squad of 22 posters (with 3 1/2 active posters by season start as with every other SFA side). Once we have these numbers, we will launch an official bid in private to the admin, and then when approved, he will sell it to the committee.

Thank you again for your time. Carna Shitgibbons!!

Credit to TheInjuryFactory for work on the logo and jumpers. Cheers bloke.

Last edited:
I recon the away strip should feature a turd coming out the banana peel
Thank you for your constructive feedback. These are the sorts of pearls we were hoping to glean from being transparent and open with our intentions.

Hi TheInjuryFactory, given a bid like the Tangerines cannot even get a foot in the door

How do you expect a list so bereft of quality (as seen below) to be viable in S30?

1. Ant Bear
3. TheHairyGamer
5. SSwans2011
7. dogs105
8. BallaratBulldog
9. Dingster (C)
10. U2tigers
11. Beutbrute
12. Kangaroos4eva
13. KBLT
16. PerfectFooty
21. ClarkeM
22. Sab22
23. jezzajay
30. Wojcinski
32. Marklar_33
33. PVF
34. Elton Johns Wig
36. Cactus_
44. Crusty Undies
45. croweater 41
52. Bloodied52
54. Bonz
69. Coopers
99. JT_the_Man
TBD. SweetD

Also, is Bloodied52 being paid for the use of his likeness on the clash jumper?

If so, is this a breech of the SFA player payments policy?

Hi TheInjuryFactory, given a bid like the Tangerines cannot even get a foot in the door

How do you expect a list so bereft of quality (as seen below) to be viable in S30?

1. Ant Bear
3. TheHairyGamer
5. SSwans2011
7. dogs105
8. BallaratBulldog
9. Dingster (C)
10. U2tigers
11. Beutbrute
12. Kangaroos4eva
13. KBLT
16. PerfectFooty
21. ClarkeM
22. Sab22
23. jezzajay
30. Wojcinski
32. Marklar_33
33. PVF
34. Elton Johns Wig
36. Cactus_
44. Crusty Undies
45. croweater 41
52. Bloodied52
54. Bonz
69. Coopers
99. JT_the_Man
TBD. SweetD
Hi Kennedy Parker. Thank you for your thoughtful question and very fair assessment of our prospective list.

While it would be absolutely fair to lump in Ant Bear with the rest of that list on form, I think he's made it quite clear that he does not wish to be seen as too pro exaction.

At least that's what he's been saying in our PM these last 6 months.

I think you'll find that at least 7 of those posters know their BigFooty password currently, and I believe in a league as transient as ours that can be considered a fairly high bar for a list of this quality.

If wonders has million number of posters i am one of them 🙋🏻. if wonders has ten posters i am one of them. if wonders have only one poster and that is me 🙋🏼🙋🏽🙋🏾. if wonders has no posters, that means i am no more on the earth 😢. if the sfa against the wonders, i am against the sfa ❌🌍☄️. i love #Wonders till my last breath.. 😍 .. Die Hard fan of wonders

If wonders has million number of posters i am one of them 🙋🏻. if wonders has ten posters i am one of them. if wonders have only one poster and that is me 🙋🏼🙋🏽🙋🏾. if wonders has no posters, that means i am no more on the earth 😢. if the sfa against the wonders, i am against the sfa ❌🌍☄. i love #Wonders till my last breath.. 😍 .. Die Hard fan of wonders
Weren’t you just gagging over the vamps though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a lot of effort to go to for a pretty lame joke.

I mean, if you’d ad libbed it in about ten seconds I’d probably give it a like. But the OP has the premeditated look of something you’ve put time and effort into, and ... meh.
giphy.gif

rhobBrw.png

Thank you all, for joining me here today. I would like at this time to announce the intention to launch a formal bid for Sweet F.A. exaction for Season 30 with the club: Southside Shitgibbons (formerly West Coast Wonders)

Name: Southside Shitgibbons
Colours: Poo Brown, Banana Yellow, Beige and White
Homeground: The Jungle, located in Rasasidge (formerly The Colosseum)

Guernsey:

Home:

dOm6aAb.png

Away:

8WLvI6S.png

Clash:

JdtFJFI.png

Club History:
Season 29:
Wonders lose all their upper echelon posters and leave behind a bunch of Shitgibbons.

FIN.

Media Questions:

"How many players have you signed currently?"

At the time of posting I have salvaged 22 posters (sadly including Sab22). 10 are current (?) established "players" in the league (each of them nominated for HOF by ClarkeM this season) and the remaining 12 are rookies, shittrucks or both (such as jezzajay). This satisfies the required established player squad size outlined in the rules.

"Who are these signed players?"
With every single Wonders player making their pleas for expansion, even though they are still currently playing for the club in S29 with a chance for finals, I have already decided to release the names of maligned players who will be left behind to the admin for purposes of my bid. Once a bidder's side has been eliminated from expansion contention, I will PM that player and see if they are OK with being announced as having to come back and join the club again.

"What about the rookies?"
They are being watered and fed regularly and will be notified of the league if and when that becomes necessary.

"How do you believe this exaction will benefit the league?"
A new team always brings excitement and freshness. But mainly, old inactives back to the league for a week or two. Whilst statistically not every Wonder posts, it is still positive change for the league. Also, a new team could be exactly what a tired club would need to get reinvigorated. Exaction isn't a common occurrence and the chance to be a part of a new team at your own club for the first few seasons is exciting. Or so they would have you believe.

"Will the last few players be rookies or established players?"
Most of our posters post at a rookie level so we feel we will have a great mix of both disciplines.

"How will you ensure not only the Shitgibbons last but the other 11 teams as well?"
I've always had the belief that rookies are the future. The Wonders/SGs will have to bring in a bunch of new rookies this season after everyone bails. In S31 we will probably have to look for even more. Same in 32 and 33 and onwards. I believe that the established clubs would have to do the same. Players will come, but mostly players will go. That is the nature of the SFA but the successful clubs I have seen, all 2 or 3 of them, have still been forced into recruiting and maintaining rookies during their flows which reduced their stronger ebbs. If you have seen our list, then you would know that we will not be restrictive in which players we let go if they wish to leave and will be welcoming to any player who approaches us to join.

"How do you believe your side will banter and be bantered against?"
The culture and personality of the side will be based on the players we have. So it will be severely lacking, but that will be in keeping with our new Shitgibbons moniker. We do have some SFA lore with used up, dirty old hacks like ClarkeM that can be used as a starting point for players to use. I do suspect the less creative types would post gifs of Apes and Baboons, but I suspect the novelty would wear off just like calling the Vampires "viable".

"Why didn't you come forward with the exaction bid earlier?"
Trying to find the correct time to announce the bid to the public was difficult. Come out too early and you get laughed at like the Vampires. Wait too long and you're out of time and everyone is put off like the Serpents because they say you need things like "players". Change is scary, man. Scary like vampires, snakes and LizardTrolls™.

The process of making the side went as followed:

- Get an iron clad guarantee from admin
- Get a name
- Get graphics to show serious intent
- Give up expecting their established players to form a good core
- Get rookies?
_ ....
- Profit

The second last one somewhat overlaps with their rookies' talent. I think they said they had 2 or 3 established players, but I couldn't find any so I started looking at their rookies. My god, their rookies. FML.

When I asked people if they would like to join the Wonders ahead of my bid, I had plenty of "no thank yous" as well as "I'll wait until season ends" in those PMs. Unfortunately, the wrong PM to the wrong poster can force your hand before you'd like. Thankfully the fact that I am actually in the league and know who the captains are, I was able to avoid that fatal mistake.

"Is this bid finalized?"
Yes, as we already have a squad of 22 posters (with 3 1/2 active posters by season start as with every other SFA side). Once we have these numbers, we will launch an official bid in private to the admin, and then when approved, he will sell it to the committee.

Thank you again for your time. Carna Shitgibbons!!

Credit to TheInjuryFactory for work on the logo and jumpers. Cheers bloke.

Did you thank yourself?

That ranks up there with when I called myself most improved poster. PM me and bring nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back