Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Ralph Carr he doesn't plan on leaving & wants to stay, but Richmond have already stated players will have to take less as they can't pay as much other clubs can on the open market.

If he continues to the form in 2021 you'd expect him to get some juicy offers from clubs, In reality most clubs should be after a silky midfielder that can play forward.

So str8 swap of Shai for Jay Schulz isnt out of the question? o_O

Would love Shai to be in the Port guernsey, close to my favourite non Port player in the league. Love the way he goes about it now...

Dam u Richmond!

Por Jay, was another victim of our horrendous culture and development back then :(

Hopefully tiggies have enough spare coin to pay him otherwise he ll be back in perth next year👍
Looks like you missed the interview with his manager Carr

Very very happy at tigerland and wants to stay and Markov/Higgins leaving gives us an extra $500k in the kitty this year
keep in mind that Richmond had also considered brad Crouch so no issue with cash for Shai Bolton , Noah Balta & Liam Baker

Hopefully tiggies have enough spare coin to pay him otherwise he ll be back in perth next year👍
Hmm perhaps.

But West Coast have taken a pay cut on the proviso that the $$$ doesn’t go to a recruit.

And Freo have Bell to brain fart his way through another trade period. I expect him to drop the ball with Cripps and not even be a consideration with Bolton (although Carr will play him like a fiddle for leverage).

His big achievement will be if he can hold on to Cerra.

Players take less to play at Richmond and come to Richmond

Richmond dont lose players they want to keep
Dan Butler made the AA squad last year. He was better than any small forward at your club in 2020.

Tipping the club wouldn't have enjoyed losing him.

Dan Butler made the AA squad last year. He was better than any small forward at your club in 2020.

Aarts had a similar season stats wise and wasn't best 22. Offers more hardness run and defensive game too.

Similar to butler not being best 22.

The tigers would be ok losing butler cause george and Daniel Rioli suit the system better.

Bolton, lambert types much better obviously too.

The tigers also had caddy outside the senior team.. who was around top5 in the Coleman not too long ago

Last edited:
The tigers would be ok losing butler cause george and Daniel Rioli suit the system better.

lol butler is twice the player Rioli is and
Whilst true Richmond wouldn’t seem to be too bothered given they did win the flag I reckon if they had a hindsight choice between the two it would’ve been Rioli out the door last year instead

Aarts had a similar season stats wise and wasn't best 22. Offers more hardness run and defensive game too.

Similar to butler not being best 22.

Bolton, lambert types much better obviously too.

The tigers also had caddy outside the senior team.. who was around top5 in the Coleman not too long ago
One kicked 29 goals the other 14. Butler is a much better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol butler is twice the player Rioli is and
Whilst true Richmond wouldn’t seem to be too bothered given they did win the flag I reckon if they had a hindsight choice between the two it would’ve been Rioli out the door last year instead

Danny has contributed to winning 3 flags in 5 years...23 years old, I reckon the club would be fairly happy with him. Stands up in big games too.

Higgins and butler are promising but you can't fit them all in. Needed to open up a path way for new Rioli too

Butler 1.5 goals a game v Aarts 1.0

It's reasonably similar. Aarts less game time and works back better too
Look I know Richmond are the greatest sporting organisation the world has ever seen but Dan Rioli is the most overrated player in the league and after showing some promise early on purely gets a game in his name only.

Theres not a club in the league that would take him over butler ditto with aarts

Look I know Richmond are the greatest sporting organisation the world has ever seen but Dan Rioli is the most overrated player in the league and after showing some promise early on purely gets a game in his name only.

Theres not a club in the league that would take him over butler ditto with aarts
Hang on - Rioli did have 1 kick in the Grand Final. Not sure how he didn’t win the norm Smith.....

Comparing Butler and Arts is like comparing Aaron Hall and Trent Cotchin. Similar stats but miles apart as players.

I wasn't say Aarts is better. Just that he has filled the role satisfactorily.

Hang on - Rioli did have 1 kick in the Grand Final. Not sure how he didn’t win the norm Smith.....

Gave off three goals the prior grand final...

The club was extremely happy to let him leave and go to the club of his choice and even facilitated the trade by waiting until St kilda finished all their trades and just accepted what ever pick they had left. He was told if he cant find a club they would rookie list him.

After 2017 he had a terrible 2 years and spent most of the time in the VFL, The club that won 2 premierships without him has ample players that play the way we want that is a proven formula for success and Butler wouldnt have made any difference at Richmond in 2020.

Maybe North should have offered him the Dusty money to come over as he would be in your best 2-3 players

At the end of the day (annoyingly) Richmond have won 3 of the last 4 premierships.

I wouldn't be bothered at all if so called player X from a bottom 4 club is better so called player Y from The Premiership Tigers.

Does it really matter (least of all to Tigers fans) if Dan Butler or FFS Shane Clayton had better season's than Dan Rioli or Bolton last season?

Seems to be a lot of bitter and jelly rival supporters here (and I hate Richmond, trust me) and I fail to see why Tiger fans feel the need to defend their premiership winning players.

At the end of the day (annoyingly) Richmond have won 3 of the last 4 premierships.

I wouldn't be bothered at all if so called player X from a bottom 4 club is better so called player Y from The Premiership Tigers.

Does it really matter (least of all to Tigers fans) if Dan Butler or FFS Shane Clayton had better season's than Dan Rioli or Bolton last season?

Seems to be a lot of bitter and jelly rival supporters here (and I hate Richmond, trust me) and I fail to see why Tiger fans feel the need to defend their premiership winning players.
Exactly

I dont think you will find 1 Richmond person upset we let him go to St Kilda to continue his career
He was just stagnant and sitting in the reserves at Richmond. I actually mentioned on the Blues board mid way through 2019 that the Blues should go after him and would be a great fit there and was not working out at Richmond but the boy can play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back