Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Key word is Potential. He could be potentially crap for all I know. Example: Freo rad Des Headland for picks 3 and 19 back in 2002. He was brilliant at Brisbane but average at Freo. You Also want to know wo was young and have massive potential and sadly was injury prone? Harley Bennell.

Freo aint going to pay over the odds or Shai Bolton to make Richmond happy, especially if he out of contract.

Sorry but this isn't Freo of 1994-2006 of freo trading a top 10 pick on a potentially good player that ends up as a dud
Shai's talent and class is a fairly known quantity at AFL level. If you think he's "potentially crap" then go watch the first quarter of this game:

The key word, if anything, is perspective. He's 19 years old (20 in December). He was given experience at AFL level before he was ready. He's been in our VFL bests 4 times from 9 games this year (one he was copped an early cork). He is getting more and more midfield minutes in our VFL team to increase his tank.

If Freo don't pay Shai for potential then he's not even going to consider moving to your club. If it did, then the pick would be proportional to what you're offering. We can debate it as much as you want on a forum but it really makes no difference.

Regardless, as I said earlier, as it stands I don't see Freo being involved in this. They have other priorities and if we do shop Shai around we can get better value from other clubs. The biggest thing I can point to, as you should be aware, is if Freo were involved there would be whispers going around by now about how Shai is homesick.

He'll be right, great kid. Has plenty of time too. Only 2 months older than Shai.

Was spewing when you guys stole him from us!
We’ll see. There are a couple of rumours going around that doctors have said he can’t play anymore. He’s certainly not as fit now as he was a few months ago. Feels like he may have put the cue in the rack. Hope I’m wrong, because I reckon he could be anything if he gets his fitness right. (Big fan of his if you couldn’t tell by the avatar).

We’ll see. There are a couple of rumours going around that doctors have said he can’t play anymore. He’s certainly not as fit now as he was a few months ago. Feels like he may have put the cue in the rack. Hope I’m wrong, because I reckon he could be anything if he gets his fitness right. (Big fan of his if you couldn’t tell by the avatar).
That sucks. Fingers crossed they're just rumours. All the best to him.

Key word is Potential. He could be potentially crap for all I know. Example: Freo rad Des Headland for picks 3 and 19 back in 2002. He was brilliant at Brisbane but average at Freo. You Also want to know wo was young and have massive potential and sadly was injury prone? Harley Bennell.

Freo aint going to pay over the odds or Shai Bolton to make Richmond happy, especially if he out of contract.

Sorry but this isn't Freo of 1994-2006 of freo trading a top 10 pick on a potentially good player that ends up as a dud
Don't worry, he doesn't want to go to your club.

He'll be right, great kid. Has plenty of time too. Only 2 months older than Shai.

Was spewing when you guys stole him from us!
Collingwood stole Kirby as 'revenge' because we took Shai the pick before they were going to.

Shai was BOG in the VFL today. Played midfield against one of the better state league midfields, Box Hill.

Don't worry, he doesn't want to go to your club.

Collingwood stole Kirby as 'revenge' because we took Shai the pick before they were going to.

Shai was BOG in the VFL today. Played midfield against one of the better state league midfields, Box Hill.
Revenge? Please.... on talent he was well worth the pick 50 we used on him. Stop with the childish revenge narrative, we picked him because we rated him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early enough in his career where current performance is still taken with a grain of salt, and POTENTIAL still carries currency
Don't go All tough man Tony Abbott on the trade Table. GWS tried it on Cam McCarthy and that back fired. Just like How Melbourne thought Jack Watts was worth a 1st round pick because there was a lot of "interest " from many Vic Clubs and he went to Port for pick 30 odd.

Again, don't give me crap about his potential. Freo traded picks 3 and 19 for Des Headland in 2002 for his "Potential" and I know how that worked out.

Sorry but this isn't 1995-2006 anymore. Shai Bolton might be talent but so far in my opinion I wouldn't trade no more than pick 40 for him. If he plays for Richmond and starts playing good and consistent games, his value will grow.

If you want to rot him in the reserves, don't demand a 1st rounder or a top 10 pick for him because you wont get it.

Don't go All tough man Tony Abbott on the trade Table. GWS tried it on Cam McCarthy and that back fired. Just like How Melbourne thought Jack Watts was worth a 1st round pick because there was a lot of "interest " from many Vic Clubs and he went to Port for pick 30 odd.

Again, don't give me crap about his potential. Freo traded picks 3 and 19 for Des Headland in 2002 for his "Potential" and I know how that worked out.

Sorry but this isn't 1995-2006 anymore. Shai Bolton might be talent but so far in my opinion I wouldn't trade no more than pick 40 for him. If he plays for Richmond and starts playing good and consistent games, his value will grow.

If you want to rot him in the reserves, don't demand a 1st rounder or a top 10 pick for him because you wont get it.
If you didnt give a crap about his potential then you wouldnt be on this thread and even commenting , If you are here you are here because you are interested and you are interested only because of his potential so stop talking crap

If you didnt give a crap about his potential then you wouldnt be on this thread and even commenting , If you are here you are here because you are interested and you are interested only because of his potential so stop talking crap
so in your biased view, is he worth freos 2018 1st rounder?

so in your biased view, is he worth freos 2018 1st rounder?
If in your Biased View he is worth #40 pointless to argue with you he wont be leaving and if he does it will be for more than #40
You probably have never seen him play and wouldn't know him if he fell on your head.

If he leaves its for $$$ and there will be a fair few teams that are after him and he is settled in melbourne and according to whispers is not looking to go back to perth but wants game time and $$ being a Ralph Carr client.

Melbourne clubs who watch him on a weekly basis know what he can do and now playing midfield getting best on grounds with goals and spectacular marking even contesting ruck work - Maybe you should have a look at his highlights just from this weeks game against a very strong Bombers reserves team

The link is above

If in your Biased View he is worth #40 pointless to argue with you he wont be leaving and if he does it will be for more than #40
You probably have never seen him play and wouldn't know him if he fell on your head.

If he leaves its for $$$ and there will be a fair few teams that are after him and he is settled in melbourne and according to whispers is not looking to go back to perth but wants game time and $$ being a Ralph Carr client.

Melbourne clubs who watch him on a weekly basis know what he can do and now playing midfield getting best on grounds with goals and spectacular marking even contesting ruck work - Maybe you should have a look at his highlights just from this weeks game against a very strong Bombers reserves team

The link is above
He is uncontracted and major of the time players go for way unders.

Tigers will have no hand in negotiations and picks are overrated.

Therefore, Bolton will go for either an upgraded pick or a third round pick.

I haven't seen him play VFL. I have seen him play AFL however, he wasn't great.

Nobody cares how good Richmond's other small forwards are, they care how well Bolton plays at AFL level. His potential is what will stop the trade being for pick 60. It will be an upgrade or 3rd rounder (maybe late second) as eastfreo says.

Not to us though, I hear.

Therefore, Bolton will go for either an upgraded pick or a third round pick.

I wouldn't hold your breathe.

Nobody cares how good Richmond's other small forwards are, they care how well Bolton plays at AFL level. His potential is what will stop the trade being for pick 60. It will be an upgrade or 3rd rounder (maybe late second) as eastfreo says.

If we were talking about Sean Darcy I could say, "He's only ever played when Sandilands is injured so he can't be any good! He's only worth a 3rd rounder and he's from Victoria so you have no say hurr hurr"

Give me a break :rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold your breathe.

If we were talking about Sean Darcy I could say, "He's only ever played when Sandilands is injured so he can't be any good! He's only worth a 3rd rounder and he's from Victoria so you have no say hurr hurr"

Give me a break :rolleyes:
Hurr durr indeed. When Darcy played AFL he played well. When Bolton played he spudded it up.

Unless of course you think Bolton played a better standard of AFL than Darcy?

Hurr durr indeed. When Darcy played AFL he played well. When Bolton played he spudded it up.

Unless of course you think Bolton played a better standard of AFL than Darcy?

I think Shai has played in the way you'd expect of a 18/19yo small forward who is 76kg. He's shown flashes but is far off putting together a 4 quarter performance.

I keep asking the same question in this thread... name me the other 19yo small forwards who are best 22 for their team? Shai is right where he should be development wise and will play consistent AFL footy by the time he's 21. Anything before that is a bonus.

I think Shai has played in the way you'd expect of a 18/19yo small forward who is 76kg. He's shown flashes but is far off putting together a 4 quarter performance.

I keep asking the same question in this thread... name me the other 19yo small forwards who are best 22 for their team? Shai is right where he should be development wise and will play consistent AFL footy by the time he's 21. Anything before that is a bonus.
All those other small forwards would also be worth jack ****. That's the part you don't seem to be able to grasp.

Players playing almost exclusively in the lower league are worth **** all.

Draft picks are like new cars, you lose a third of value the moment you drive out the dealership.

Being uncontracted is a mortgagee sale. You are never going to get true value.

When a new recruit leaves uncontracted you don’t get the value of that player. If it fair, no.

Bolton was a mid second round pick and third off is a third round pick. Yes, that’s not his true value but the Tigers has no hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back