Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Your fight for Shai is admirable.
Pick 29 and done diddly at AFL. Out of contract. If he chooses a team and let’s say it’s Fremantle, then on no planet or history of trades does he go there what you’re suggesting.

If he is happy to go wherever? Then he may go for a pick around 30... at best.

Good luck to him and you.

How many light bodied players do you want in one team? Freo have too many of the Bolton touch type players thats there biggest weakness IMO.

Have a look across the road and see how many of those types WCE are playing?

How many light bodied players do you want in one team? Freo have too many of the Bolton touch type players thats there biggest weakness IMO.

Have a look across the road and see how many of those types WCE are playing?

Well it’s a rebuild mate. WCE are in premiership contention. Slight difference pal.

I’ll explain it but it’s hard with no pictures so bare with me.

Firstly when using a trade scenario to highlight your point it’s probably best to get all details out there.

So it was Jed and pick 54 for pick 38 and 40.

Using the points system that values Jed Anderson at smack bang at pick 40.

Do you wish to counter with another dumb example?

Alright I'll give you pick 18*, 36 and Shai Bolton for Freo's pick 6. That values Shai at pick 51. Happy?

Of course not.

All Hawthorn knows in the Anderson trade is they got Ryan Burton at pick 15 for him.

*if we win the flag of course *touchwood*

Alright I'll give you pick 18*, 36 and Shai Bolton for Freo's pick 6. That values Shai at pick 51. Happy?

Of course not.

All Hawthorn knows in the Anderson trade is they got Ryan Burton for him.

*if we win the flag of course *touchwood*

Well I think most in the industry acknowledged the Anderson deal as a bit of a WTF trade and you yourself said it was the exception. So I’m still not sure what you’re arguing here. It’s comical.

A first rounder doesn’t get involved in Shai Bolton. An early 2nd doesn’t get involved in Shai unless it’s to upgrade from your potential late 2nd.

He’s about pick 40 if he opts out. If he decides to stay then well done.

Hamling who was a young defender in a premiership team went for pick 35.

That’s a relatively comparable trade.

Well I think most in the industry acknowledged the Anderson deal as a bit of a WTF trade and you yourself said it was the exception. So I’m still not sure what you’re arguing here. It’s comical.

A first rounder doesn’t get involved in Shai Bolton. An early 2nd doesn’t get involved in Shai unless it’s to upgrade from your potential late 2nd.

He’s about pick 40 if he opts out. If he decides to stay then well done.

Hamling who was a young defender in a premiership team went for pick 35.

That’s a relatively comparable trade.

So first the Jed Anderson trade was good argument for you because it valued Jed at pick 40, So I propose a similar trade.... now it's bad example because "the industry acknowledged... it was a bit of a WTF"

Good job buddy. All you are doing is proving my point. Some depth players for strong teams change clubs for high draft picks. See Sam Murray and Jed Anderson in recent years.

Ralph Carr's clients have a habit of holding out only to re-sign once it comes to the crunch. So my guess is all this back and forth will be for naught.

I'm done with you. Maybe you should spend some time brushing up on "splitting the difference" between now and the trade period?

So first the Jed Anderson trade was good argument for you because it valued Jed at pick 40, So I propose a similar trade.... now it's bad example because "the industry acknowledged... it was a bit of a WTF"

Good job buddy. All you are doing is proving my point. Some depth players for strong teams change clubs for high draft picks. See Sam Murray and Jed Anderson in recent years.

Ralph Carr's clients have a habit of holding out only to re-sign once it comes to the crunch. So my guess is all this back and forth will be for naught.

I'm done with you. Maybe you should spend some time brushing up on "splitting the difference" between now and the trade period?

Anyone who thinks pick 6 goes in a trade with Bolton would be certifiably crazy. Regardless of what comes back.

The splitting the difference comment was a joke. You do get that right? You’ve banged on about that one 3 times now like I was serious. Pick 20 or pick 40 and I say pick 38 to split the difference and you think I’m serious? Dumb.

Anyone who thinks pick 6 goes in a trade with Bolton would be certifiably crazy. Regardless of what comes back.

The splitting the difference comment was a joke. You do get that right? You’ve banged on about that one 3 times now like I was serious. Pick 20 or pick 40 and I say pick 38 to split the difference and you think I’m serious? Dumb.

I guess I was fooled by the notion that jokes are actually funny. Yours must have been a different kind of joke I guess.

I guess I was fooled by the notion that jokes are actually funny. Yours must have been a different kind of joke I guess.

Or you have zero sense of humour. Try reading it with a sense of humour as opposed to a ‘must defend Shai at all costs’ mentality.

Anyway, see you mate. Good luck this year. Try and get outside.

I keep asking the same question in this thread... name me the other 19yo small forwards who are best 22 for their team? Shai is right where he should be development wise and will play consistent AFL footy by the time he's 21. Anything before that is a bonus.

Higgins,bailey,ronke,pies leading goal kicker.narkle an fogarty,clark.lipinski, Ryan,Morrison.spargo. just off the top of my head all of who are best 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins,bailey,ronke,pies leading goal kicker.narkle an fogarty,clark.lipinski, Ryan,Morrison.spargo. just off the top of my head all of who are best 22

Higgins (1st round pick)
Bailey (1st round pcik)
Ronke (turns 21 in December)
Pies leading goal kicker (pick 6 and arguably should have gone higher)
Narkle (only through injuries to Menzel, McCarthy, and Gregson have got him a gig, also turns 21 in December)
Fogarty (that's one)
Clark (not sure who you're on about here? Hunter Clark the top 10 pick maybe?)
Lipinski (is 187cm wingman, also Dogs have one of the longest injury lists in the league
Ryan (Liam Ryan? he's 21 dude!)
Morrison (plays half back flank)
Spargo (that's two)

Two! In the entire league of 18 teams! Point is the majority of AFL standard small forwards are 20/21yo or older. Check back in 12 months time and see where Shai is at.

Do you think Bolton is doing well in his VFL games?

I think he's had good games but he' also been inconsistent. The last 2 weeks in particular have been good for him. If Butler has an injury like whats been reported I think he's a good chance to come in. It seems the club need him to be doing more when we don't have the ball for him to earn a spot.

With all that being said, Townsend won the Liston Medal last year he was going so well in the VFL and he had to wait until round 22 to get a call up!

Higgins (1st round pick)
Bailey (1st round pcik)
Ronke (turns 21 in December)
Pies leading goal kicker (pick 6 and arguably should have gone higher)
Narkle (only through injuries to Menzel, McCarthy, and Gregson have got him a gig, also turns 21 in December)
Fogarty (that's one)
Clark (not sure who you're on about here? Hunter Clark the top 10 pick maybe?)
Lipinski (is 187cm wingman, also Dogs have one of the longest injury lists in the league
Ryan (Liam Ryan? he's 21 dude!)
Morrison (plays half back flank)
Spargo (that's two)

Two! In the entire league of 18 teams! Point is the majority of AFL standard small forwards are 20/21yo or older. Check back in 12 months time and see where Shai is at.

In 12 months Shai won't be on the Richmond list.

Shai Bolton doesnt want to go back to Perth, If he leaves it will be to another Melbourne team

Freo fans are just drooling about shai but best to move on

Will sign and remain at the Tigers
Hawks may snoop around now that Cyril is gone and puopolo is is feeling the pinch a bit. Wouldn't mind him as he is still young and has some tricks.

Hawks may snoop around now that Cyril is gone and puopolo is is feeling the pinch a bit. Wouldn't mind him as he is still young and has some tricks.
There would be a fair few teams watching him and what he is doing at VFL , He isnt hidden away and clubs know what he can do

People get excited about Liam Ryan , This kid is just as good if not better and if i had a choice #20 or Shai - Im keeping Shai
Just have a look at his highlights from the last vfl game he does this week in week out and increasing his numbers by the week as he gets more game time
only 19 he would have been in last years draft if 3 weeks younger

I wouldn't want to compare him to Liam Ryan in these next two weeks if I were you.
Only talking about football ability

Ryan is 2 years younger than Ryan and i would bet he has a better career than Ryan will and Ryan was #26 as a mature age selection
When this kid is 21/22 this thread is going to look extremely silly. Im nearly 53 years old and have watched a lot of footy in my time and this kid has what it takes to be a special player and is not just a small foward more a midfielder that tears games apart with things he can do.

Talent alone he is Dan Rioli class but needs more pre seasons and fitness to get to that level, He was barely able to see out a half a game of VFL when drafted and in the last 2 weeks he is getting mid 20 poss 7 tackles 5 foward 50 entries as a midfielder - He will be playing AFL next year and tearing it up

Most people who comment on here about Bolton wouldnt know him if he fell on their heads yet talk like they are experts, I would rather hear or read from people who have actually watched him play games not just look at where he was drafted. As i said earlier i would rather have Shai than #20 in this years draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back