Recommitted Caleb Marchbank [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of contract still, broke into the team but now dropped for McGovern

For those wanting a cheap ready made KPD who has played over 50 games then this could be the player to target

Decent player if he could stay fit. Good target for a couple of Vic clubs inc yours.

Decent player if he could stay fit. Good target for a couple of Vic clubs inc yours.
Can definitely play and I’d absolutely want to keep him if it ends up being possible to fit him in. As you said if he stays fit he’s a more than capable defender, can play tall or small as well.

Owes the club.
We certainly have stuck by him and I’ve got no doubt that if he is offered a contract he will be staying, even if slightly better terms are offered elsewhere. We might not be in a position to offer him one once Cuningham, Fogarty and possibly Silvagni are signed up though. I’m hoping somehow there’s room for all 4.

He should be safe with Honey, Curnow, Plowman and potentially Sam Durdin moving on. Dow and Fisher also if they choose to take up an offer somewhere else.

He should be safe with Honey, Curnow, Plowman and potentially Sam Durdin moving on. Dow and Fisher also if they choose to take up an offer somewhere else.
I think Dow and Fisher are probably gone. Fish more likely than Dow. That makes 5-6 list changes if Durdin goes which is probably enough. If it came down to Durdin and Marchbank I’m thinking they keep Marchbank. Though there is a school of thought that the club really likes having Durdin as a break glass in case of emergency if Weiters went down.

I think Dow and Fisher are probably gone. Fish more likely than Dow. That makes 5-6 list changes if Durdin goes which is probably enough. If it came down to Durdin and Marchbank I’m thinking they keep Marchbank. Though there is a school of thought that the club really likes having Durdin as a break glass in case of emergency if Weiters went down.
Think that can be Young now... shudders...could see Young moving on though and Durdin staying.

Think that can be Young now... shudders...could see Young moving on though and Durdin staying.
Based on the article in the Sun the other day it will be. He did play his best footy last year when Weiters was out and he was the one to take the gorillas. But totally dropped his bundle this year. Do hope he can get back to at least acceptable form. On the bright side he did a really good job as first ruck when he had to…just trying to look for positives here lol..

Based on the article in the Sun the other day it will be. He did play his best footy last year when Weiters was out and he was the one to take the gorillas. But totally dropped his bundle this year. Do hope he can get back to at least acceptable form. On the bright side he did a really good job as first ruck when he had to…just trying to look for positives here lol..
Yah he's just not very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a good footballer, just impossible to value given the never ending issues with his body.

No idea if he stays or goes, I'd be OK with either.

Not a KPD though.
In our current set up he fills that hybrid KPD role that Kemp and Gov are doing i suppose. Definitely can play 3rd tall down there.

Probably get delisted then a rookie deal.

Guessing Carlton need to get rid of its current rookies before this can happen though..?

I reckon he will be fairly likely to stay on a 1-2 year deal.

Plowman is almost certainly gone. Curnow retiring. Fisher likely to leave (I hope we convince him to stay) and 2 or all of Honey, Dow and O'Brien are likely to be gone too.

5 or 6 changes is plenty for a side who are top 4 aspirants. Marchbank is an above average AFL standard footballer, but has had wretched luck with his body.

Unless a team that needs some mature, 2nd/3rd tall support such as WCE, North or Richmond come for him on a 3+ year contract, I don't see why he'd leave now we are finally a decent side, he's in the picture and we have stuck with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back