Recommitted Caleb Marchbank [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Body made of glass but do not want to lose him. Had some massive moments last night I thought
He’ll have bigger and possibly longer offers elsewhere, but I really hope he stays. Club has backed him in massively and if his body can stay right he has a lot of good footy ahead of him.

Always been a fan of his footy and he showed why the club has stuck by him vs the Swans.
Going nowhere, move along folks.
Would love to see Marchbank, Cuningham and Fogarty all announced as signing up again in the one press release if possible. All 3 probably seemed gone for all money at the end of the year (Fog for different reasons to the other 2 who just seemed like their bodies would keep letting them down). But they’ve come into the side and been emblematic of our resurgence in a way.

Would love to see Marchbank, Cuningham and Fogarty all announced as signing up again in the one press release if possible. All 3 probably seemed gone for all money at the end of the year (Fog for different reasons to the other 2 who just seemed like their bodies would keep letting them down). But they’ve come into the side and been emblematic of our resurgence in a way.
Don't get me started on Cunners.
All he needed was an injury free run, the ability was always there.
Has been awesome this year.
Much man love! LMAO 🤣

Don't get me started on Cunners.
All he needed was an injury free run, the ability was always there.
Has been awesome this year.
Much man love! LMAO 🤣
I’ll keep it brief because this Marchy’s thread but I’m very much the same mate. Cuners has been a big factor in how we’ve played since the turnaround. He’s incredibly clean by hand, strong as an ox and just makes good decisions under pressure. An absolute class footballer and I’m so glad he’s finally getting a run at it, always loved him.

I think Blues keep Marchbank. I've not been a fan, but Blues hierarchy clearly are and I think he ended up playing well in the finals (especially against Brisbane, I thought). He is brave and good overhead, always has been. His disposal can be iffy and he struggles with the pace of the game - BUT that could actually improve if he gets continuity.

In Marchbank and McGovern, Carlton have a pair of unreliable injury-risks in similar roles. I guess we are committed to both at the moment, on the understanding one will usually be unavailable. Blues are better to keep at modest price, can't see anyone coming knocking with big, long deals.

His disposal can be iffy and he struggles with the pace of the game - BUT that could actually improve if he gets continuity.
I think it already has improved. He was rock solid in finals, particularly in the Brisbane game. Handled the pace better than many in our team. Would be a real shame to lose him now that he's finally got his body right and is playing well.

Cuningham , Marchbank, McGovern, Martin and Doc aren’t durable footballers / athletes. Thence some very poor form during 2023, Williams too has yet to establish some decent form and justify his remuneration , he ain’t getting any younger, 30 next year.
All potentially could break down at anytime, they’ll be closely monitored in during 2024, next year’s trade period will be thorny and agonizing, some very hard decisions will have to be made. Keep our fingers crossed.
I digressed badly.
Marchank will remain for another I year, very positive momentum at the club, he’s very well regarded.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back