Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Both he and Gollant are going to knock each other out flying for the same high ball one day.

(Will also be a free to the opposition for unrealistic attempt)
Wait until Nankervis joins in on the act...He doesn't mind a bit of aerial gymnastics either.

It just seems performative to me, a cry for attention.

See, I see it almost as the opposite. It's as though he wants people to give him a pass when judging his performance because he is injured. He doesn't want to be in the spotlight.

That kick for the lead he had is a perfect example of it. Biggest pressure kick in the game for him.

Rachele wants to take those kicks, McAdam didn't want it.

Before he takes the kick he's letting everyone know he's cramping, trying to lower expectations. Misses everything, starts stretching again, reminding everyone he was cramping.

See, I see it almost as the opposite. It's as though he wants people to give him a pass when judging his performance because he is injured. He doesn't want to be in the spotlight.

That kick for the lead he had is a perfect example of it. Biggest pressure kick in the game for him.

Rachele wants to take those kicks, McAdam didn't want it.

Before he takes the kick he's letting everyone know he's cramping, trying to lower expectations. Misses everything, starts stretching again, reminding everyone he was cramping.
Maybe he was cramping and he does seem to be chasing and harassing a lot more.

As a small guy that consistently jumps higher and leads hard at pretty much every contest, when up against much bigger and stronger opposition, I think the criticism is extremely harsh.

Danger is the opposite, being bigger, stronger a d faster than most guys here's playing on.

I have ample sympathy for the smaller guy punching above his weight in this scenario.

Most importantly, he's been kicking goals and playing really well.

As a small guy that consistently jumps higher and leads hard at pretty much every contest, when up against much bigger and stronger opposition, I think the criticism is extremely harsh.

Danger is the opposite, being bigger, stronger a d faster than most guys here's playing on.

I have ample sympathy for the smaller guy punching above his weight in this scenario.

Most importantly, he's been kicking goals and playing really well.

Here we go, thank you. This is what I was getting at. The 'loser's limp' tries to elicit this exact sort of response.

I dont buy it. I don't believe McAdam gets hurt at a higher rate than every other player in the AFL.

Here we go, thank you. This is what I was getting at. The 'loser's limp' tries to elicit this exact sort of response.

I dont buy it. I don't believe McAdam gets hurt at a higher rate than every other player in the AFL.
He either gets hurt more often than every AFL player... or recovers from injury quicker than any human on the planet

Or...?

Even yesterday he had that one where he slipped over in the goal square. Off injured, not obvious what the problem was from the footage. Shoulder as it turned out. Returned minutes later without any strapping.

In between he is playing great. Just needs to raise his pain threshold a fraction

He either gets hurt more often than every AFL player... or recovers from injury quicker than any human on the planet

Or...?

Even yesterday he had that one where he slipped over in the goal square. Off injured, not obvious what the problem was from the footage. Shoulder as it turned out. Returned minutes later without any strapping.

In between he is playing great. Just needs to raise his pain threshold a fraction
That one in the goal square I thought he grabbed at his knee
( could be wrong)

One thing I love about Shaneo is his ability to get up like a cat. They need to defend him with a slightly taller player due to his aerial ability but they can't go with him on the deck.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
His second and third efforts were his standout attributes while at Sturt, that and his marking ability over head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That one in the goal square I thought he grabbed at his knee
( could be wrong)
He had three problems, knee (may have been pre-existing- see bandage), ankle, and cramp. I think the one in the goalsquare may have been ankle. He obviously had cramp before a key shot and should have passed it off.

Or...?

to be fair about the goal square incident, the club may have forced him off to assess if he hit his head. Once they discovered he was ok head wise they let him back on. Secondly I think he got cramp after his mark. The fact he missed so badly afterwards suggests his legs were tight. I'd give him a break on that. Id rather him also being legit hurt than flopping around like a fish all game searching for frees. At least he competes.

to be fair about the goal square incident, the club may have forced him off to assess if he hit his head. Once they discovered he was ok head wise they let him back on. Secondly I think he got cramp after his mark. The fact he missed so badly afterwards suggests his legs were tight. I'd give him a break on that. Id rather him also being legit hurt than flopping around like a fish all game searching for frees. At least he competes.

This is exactly what I have been getting at.

Wake up.

I do not give him a break on that. Not when he gets 'injured' in every game. It's gone on way too long and some of us see through this s**t.

Loser's limp: An ailment or impediment, typically manifested through injury, that is feigned or exaggerated by a competitor to explain a poor performance.

Wake up.

I do not give him a break on that. Not when he gets 'injured' in every game. It's gone on way too long and some of us see through this s**t.

Loser's limp: An ailment or impediment, typically manifested through injury, that is feigned or exaggerated by a competitor to explain a poor performance.

Oh man come on. Even Tex got cramp. To suggest he is faking is kind of pathetic. If he kicked the goal after and ran around celebrating id say your comment is spot on. But like no one feigns injury after leaping for a ball. its a terrible observation. Like seriously terrible.

Wake up.

I would prefer McAdam cramp up at the end of a game where he has given it his all...than not in one of the games where he goes missing for effort.

I take it as a positive he is cramping as he has been more involved in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back