Ultimate Glory Shaun Burgoyne plays game 400! #silk400 - hanging up the boots!

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, at 3 qtr time in the 2013 prelim this club faced wasting a potential legacy worthy team after losing a grand final the year before.

Year after year, Geelong beat us in every way imaginable and it just seemed like they were destined to stop us from reaching the heights we could at every turn.

But Shaun Burgoyne didn’t listen, didn’t care about any so called “curse” and wasn’t leaving the field that night without ensuring we won.

We don’t 3-peat without him and that match will forever be my favourite football game. Hawks fans in tears, hugging total strangers and making so much noise the siren couldn’t even be heard.

And it was all because the champion we have running out for game 400 tonight decided Hawthorn was going to be champions and there would be no other result.

Congrats Shaun you absolute legend and thank you for creating my all time favourite experience at a footy game.

A champion in every sense of the word.

What an incredible player at such important moments for our footy club, a three peat that started in 13 very much lays at his feet. Well done Shaun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the plan is to get him to 404? I mean, why not? And would we be cheeky enough to do it via the medical sub role?
I would totally support him being the sub for every game here on out. He's genuinely a great fit for the sub role, will largely only be expected to play a quarter or two if he plays at all, and best of all it will cause opposition supporters to melt about game record numbers.

I wonder if the plan is to get him to 404? I mean, why not? And would we be cheeky enough to do it via the medical sub role?
I'm happy for Burgoyne to be medical sub every game for the rest of the year now. Except for maybe a proper send off game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back