Universal Love Sheedy returns home to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually starting to think there is some crazy method there....

Whatever it is, you could make the arguement that its working. He's done it twice now wattling on about christians and religeon and no one has either stopped him or asked him what on earth he is talking about. They just smile and ask their next question, so at the very least he uses it to dodge specific questions.

Was actually a really interesting inteview, very keen to hear what his next endevour as far as building a match is focused on. Seemed to indicate an Australian segment that has fallen on really tough times, mind you that could mean many many things.

Glad hes back, ive missed him.

Whatever it is, you could make the arguement that its working. He's done it twice now wattling on about christians and religeon and no one has either stopped him or asked him what on earth he is talking about. They just smile and ask their next question, so at the very least he uses it to dodge specific questions.

Was actually a really interesting inteview, very keen to hear what his next endevour as far as building a match is focused on. Seemed to indicate an Australian segment that has fallen on really tough times, mind you that could mean many many things.

Glad hes back, ive missed him.

Going to be great at restoring the clubs brand also will be defending the players and Hirdy which i like.

With these Christian references I wonder how long before he mentions one of his old talking points that he was a Catholic going to a largely Protestant Club.

47grandpa.png

For some unknown reason I had SEN on in the car this morning (Gaze and Maher are unbearable) and some flog had to call up to voice his displeasure with Sheedy drawing a parallel between getting a flu shot and not knowing what is in the vial and our injection program.

It's an analogy that does absolutely nothing to advance the cause (given that even the most ardent member of the lynch mob understands that we ****ed the players over and that it isn't really their fault). It strikes me as odd that we'd be publicly going down that path again.

The risk you run with Sheedy is that even he doesn't know what is going to come out of his mouth. To be honest we need better than that if he is going to be the public face of the club (remember that it is not all just about trying to get some disenfranchised members to re-sign). It's way too late for games and I'm not sure that games were ever appropriate in this situation.

For some unknown reason I had SEN on in the car this morning (Gaze and Maher are unbearable) and some flog had to call up to voice his displeasure with Sheedy drawing a parallel between getting a flu shot and not knowing what is in the vial and our injection program.

It's an analogy that does absolutely nothing to advance the cause (given that even the most ardent member of the lynch mob understands that we stuffed the players over and that it isn't really their fault). It strikes me as odd that we'd be publicly going down that path again.

The risk you run with Sheedy is that even he doesn't know what is going to come out of his mouth. To be honest we need better than that if he is going to be the public face of the club (remember that it is not all just about trying to get some disenfranchised members to re-sign). It's way too late for games and I'm not sure that games were ever appropriate in this situation.
To be fair, Sheeds hasn't actually started yet so probably isn't really over it all or how to answer that point. He has said something similar in the past well before he was coming back to Essendon.

He needs to sit down with the club and work through exactly where we are at, where we've been and where we are going. He needs to find out what is ok to say and what isn't. In the meantime, he needs to be careful with what he says and how he is saying it.

I think that Sheeds coming back to Windy Hill provides a much-needed boost - I just hope things go well for the Dons as the season progresses, barring any other developments.

I suppose with me, I am Essendon 'til I die.

tried to listen, but Andy Maher, it's just too much

but anyway, whats with Sheeds & all this religious bs? I really cannot remember him carrying on with that before & now it's twice in a week:confused:

aliens-ET.jpg

seagulls-wallpapers-1.jpg

Marshmallow.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE="BrunoV, post: 37383039, member: 79274"
The risk you run with Sheedy is that even he doesn't know what is going to come out of his mouth. To be honest we need better than that if he is going to be the public face of the club (remember that it is not all just about trying to get some disenfranchised members to re-sign). It's way too late for games and I'm not sure that games were ever appropriate in this situation.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Love or hate Sheedy, he isn't going to bring what we need. His antidotes and analogies that are great for getting a quote in the paper and a novelty picture, which is fine, but not our first priority.

Great man and a loyal servant, but I'm not personally overly excited that he's back.

Part agree there Jab.

I do think he needs a defined role and not just to as he pleases.

ANd being carefulwith what he can say is certainly a concern - at the same time I think someone experenced in getting a messages across in a football world too is important.

He does have a unique way of having little jabs at people with an element of humor. Treds a fine line sometimes but I do think there is a genuine role he can fill right now. Just have to be sure it is well defined.

Sheedy has always spoken in the same way - The AFL and GWS were happy with his performance, seeing he was paid by both - It's like as soon as he returns to EFC he turns into a pumpkin - I'm not phased about Sheeds talking as long as he brings in members and money - And I am confident Sheedy will achieve this task.

he's shitting me to tears with his christian rubbish. Complete ******* horseshit, and it will only alienate people even more. Once, yeah it was off the cuff. But it's not. It's an agenda he's running. Seriously, **** it off Sheeds

I take it that Sheeds has converted? Please confirm.

Sheedy has always spoken in the same way - The AFL and GWS were happy with his performance, seeing he was paid by both - It's like as soon as he returns to EFC he turns into a pumpkin - I'm not phased about Sheeds talking as long as he brings in members and money - And I am confident Sheedy will achieve this task.

Like that description a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back