News Shock turns to opportunity for new Tiger Sam Lonergan

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy was a very astute pick up by the Tigers. When bodies get tired on kids, or a player goes down injured, bang, here he is, a ready made player. Moneyball baby, moneyball.

He's a quality player. Of all the cutting we did this year he was the surprising one.

It's the BigFooty way, star or spud - nothing in between. He has plenty to offer - big body, hard edge, decent disposal and straight as an arrow off field. Let's not forget he was cheap as chips as well, you gave up a rookie spot that otherwise would have gone to a highly speculative unknown - you know what you'll get out of Lonergan. I reckon he'd be a very good chance to play seniors for you guys. Would be very surprised if he isn't lining up against Carlton.

Did you come back Rawlo?

He was our Matthew Knights........though we didn't dump him for Richo.......or did we........

What's a Richo?

Oh calm down Richmond folk..... I kid, I kid. :D

Prefer calling in Lonergan as a mid replacement than say, Robbie Hicks

Prefer to spend money developing kids from the top 50 of the draft than directing it at say, Piva Wright

Worthwhile experiment trialing the Rookie List as an Injury Replacement List rather than a long shot project player list, keen to see how it goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ok with this pickup.. When the supporters from the club where he comes from are pretty positive and giving him a wrap you know we have a solid player on our hands who will fill a role if required

coburg will be looking very different next year.

playing mids thats actually on richmond's list &
not lining up with 3-4 rucks each game

we might have a handy reserves side on our hands, or a balanced one at the bare minimum

Looks exhausted after lifting that 2.5kg weight.

374151-sam-lonergan.jpg

Best part of the Article was this

"Richmond has done very well through the trading and drafting period. I've been very impressed with the character that they've brought to the club, along with the character that's already at the club."

The blokes a spud. Delist.

Six months ago if a bomber came here pratling on about their list and mentioned potential gun Lonergan he would have been laughed out of the joint. But now he is a Tiger, oh` its a masterstroke of brilliant recruiting.
Spud delist.
Disagree. He's one of the few Bombers that I would have defended. He's certainly one of the few that I actually liked to watch play. He's got a hard edge about him without any pretensions.

What hope has he when he cannot break into one of the worst midfields in the comp.
Dan Jackson gets a game for us but he wouldn't for the Dons, so is there midfield better than ours? Simple fact is they have enough of the Lonergan/Jackson/Tuck type already and need a lot more quality ball users.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back