Player Watch #24 - Sam Naismith

Remove this Banner Ad

Ivan Maric loves him.

I reckon he will have a terrific year.

This guy is going to be our recruit of the year.
You reckon? They only way I see that unfolding is if Nank misses a huge chunk of the season cos we won't play 2 rucks plus Balta and Lynch IMO.

Looks like being great insurance though. I reckon he'll play a handful of games. The VFL side should be strong at least.

You reckon? They only way I see that unfolding is if Nank misses a huge chunk of the season cos we won't play 2 rucks plus Balta and Lynch IMO.

Looks like being great insurance though. I reckon he'll play a handful of games. The VFL side should be strong at least.
It wouldn't shock me if we play two rucks. Naismith offers something completely different to Nank. You're right though, those two on top of Lynch and Balta is questionable. I just worry about Nank against the more dominant ruckmen like Gawn as he often just gets destroyed. Naismith can hold his own against the likes of Gawn and still can be a physical presence when the ball hits the ground.

It's definitely going to be interesting what they go with as I think going with only Nank leaves us exposed.

We play two rucks if they have talent to hurt the oppo. Remember 2017? We only played one cos we only had one decent ruck. When they both played (Nank/Soldo) I don’t think we dominated enough. So Naismith will need to start clunking marks around the ground or we’ll be too top heavy and slow.

Pleased for Cray.
Had a good chat at a pre-season event and stressed how important his role is.
Soldo's departure was a loss and we need to reinforce Nank at all costs.
Nank, Cray then daylight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't shock me if we play two rucks. Naismith offers something completely different to Nank. You're right though, those two on top of Lynch and Balta is questionable. I just worry about Nank against the more dominant ruckmen like Gawn as he often just gets destroyed. Naismith can hold his own against the likes of Gawn and still can be a physical presence when the ball hits the ground.

It's definitely going to be interesting what they go with as I think going with only Nank leaves us exposed.
I think a fit Nank surrounded by a midfield group who are actually trying to win the clearance will be one of the best handful of rucks in the comp.

Was kind of disappointed with Naismith …. I’m not sure if the stats really reflect it but felt he got smashed by Witt’s. Saw him get out bodied a lot and just threw his arms up and looked at the umpire instead of putting in second and third efforts

What I saw today was a guy who's clearly been out of the game a long time. I expect like a race horse first up he's one who will be far better for the run.

Expect better against the Blues but if Nankervis is fit then he replaces this guy and he goes back to the depth back up.

If Yze plays Nankervis and Naismith together in the one side he truly has NFI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back